Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-02-2015, 08:12 AM   #15
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
It has been said that this intake from Chevrolet includes a tune as well. So assuming that is true, I think we should be able to assume that it will indeed add some power and be more than just a simple "noise maker". The range I would assume is 8 - 15 peak HP maybe and the same in TQ.

$415 for intake + a ECU flash doesn't sound like a terrible deal to me...especially when I know I can get it at a discounted cost through my brother.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:20 AM   #16
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
It has been said that this intake from Chevrolet includes a tune as well. So assuming that is true, I think we should be able to assume that it will indeed add some power and be more than just a simple "noise maker". The range I would assume is 8 - 15 peak HP maybe and the same in TQ.

$415 for intake + a ECU flash doesn't sound like a terrible deal to me...especially when I know I can get it at a discounted cost through my brother.
I too heard that rumor, which is good to hear. It will be a simple A/F parameter reflash is my guess...it's not what I would call a true "tune", which is understandable. Curious if you need to have it dealer installed to get it/keep your warranty or if it will come with some sort of handheld device...

I think 15 peak hp is asking a lot...on an otherwise stock car I kinda doubt GM would leave that much on the table over the stock one. Those are numbers you may see gained on a modified car. I am thinking 5-10 hp, which would still be decent...
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 09:04 AM   #17
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
if it was available when I purchased my ADM intake I would have chosen the Z/28 one over it. there's just something about OE fit and finish (not to say the ADM unit is anything but awesome).

I personally hadn't heard anything about a ecu reflash offered with the 6th gen intake, but if that's the case its really not a bad deal at all and you get OE quality.

the aftermarket is going to be flooded with products as soon as this car gets to be more mainstream and companies start getting their hands on them. and everyone is going to promise better gains and fitment than the other guy.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=428536

the intake looks good, and retains the sound tube as well.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:52 AM   #18
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
They rated the camaro at 455hp and many were wondering why not 460 with npp exhaust. Maybe the held back so when you do the air intake and new tune you see more of an increase and they sell more factory performance intakes. Good marketing.

If you own a newer performance motorcycle they have been doing this for years with arrow exhausts.

I do have to say the elbow is really ugly though. The box looks nice. I for one like the engine covers off with a set of polished stainless steel long tubes tuck the wires. These v8's look the business. I am potentially a buyer of the intake if the tune information is true. Although the tube will make the engine bay look ugly again.
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 03:15 PM   #19
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingagain View Post
They rated the camaro at 455hp and many were wondering why not 460 with npp exhaust. Maybe the held back so when you do the air intake and new tune you see more of an increase and they sell more factory performance intakes. Good marketing.

If you own a newer performance motorcycle they have been doing this for years with arrow exhausts.

I do have to say the elbow is really ugly though. The box looks nice. I for one like the engine covers off with a set of polished stainless steel long tubes tuck the wires. These v8's look the business. I am potentially a buyer of the intake if the tune information is true. Although the tube will make the engine bay look ugly again.
Even on the 5th Gen LS3, all of the V8's were rated the same power. Even though my car picked up electric assisted steering and has NPP, which should add a few more hp. GM isn't going to get the motor retested.