Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-15-2017, 07:12 PM   #15
Arynthian

Drives: White 2017 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's_cool_1le View Post
I've got them on my ride but it's black and I'm not going to even attempt it. But she is getting ceramic coated this weekend and will cure in the garage for a week. Cured ceramic orange peel is what I'll have.
Well actually surprisingly i looked when i got home and they werent even noticeable! They stood out really bad when i looked yesterday and now no matter which way i look at them i cant see them. I do have 2 places on my stripe that are defective or something wrong with them need to figure that out.
Arynthian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 07:41 PM   #16
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
The factory stripes are not supposed to be glossy anyway. They're sort of a low gloss semi shine. Well, at least all of the 6th gens I see on the lot that have stripes.

Anyway, I'd never try to wetsand orange peel off a Vette or any GM car. The clear is thin and fragile the way it is and wet sanding nearly half of it off to reduce orange peel is pure lunacy. I'd hate to be the second owner of that Vette thinking I had the full thickness of factory paint for max longevity.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 08:36 PM   #17
DougCBJ

Drives: 2016 Blue 2SS
Am I missing something? Why would he take a polisher to do paint correction on vinyl stripes? Wouldn't he risk ripping holes? It looks like those are air bubbles. Maybe you can heat it up with a hair dryer or the sun might reduce the bubbling some?
DougCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 09:42 PM   #18
Arynthian

Drives: White 2017 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougCBJ View Post
Am I missing something? Why would he take a polisher to do paint correction on vinyl stripes? Wouldn't he risk ripping holes? It looks like those are air bubbles. Maybe you can heat it up with a hair dryer or the sun might reduce the bubbling some?
Oh no no no man, Those bubbles are water on the stripes that hasnt dried/blown off haha im talking about the faint white streaking in the black itsself it is fairly hard to see!
Arynthian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 07:38 AM   #19
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFI Tuning View Post
Take it to a professional... someone who specializes in paint correction. NOT a body shop.
That would be the route I would go as well........
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote