Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-13-2017, 07:52 PM   #15
donaldp

Drives: 2017 Red Hot ZL1 M6
It has always bothered me that most rear license plates are only attached by the top two screws. When the plate is attached to the trunk lid, it always rattles when the trunk is closed. I always attach all four screws.
donaldp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 09:18 PM   #16
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreagle56 View Post
I bought some stainless license plate screws a few years ago that I have been using from car to car. Nice because they don't rust and bleed the rust all over the plate and car bumper. They have a security type allen head on them; added a few nylon washers behind the plate on each screw to keep the plate edge off of the paint and plastic bumper. no need to over tighten the plate the screws. Once snugged up, they aren't going anywhere. I am not a plate frame person, liking the plate just suspended there on the bumper; looks cleaner to me. The frames tend to deteriorate faster than the license plate. Auto parts stores usually sell a kit for plate mounting with different screws, spacers and connectors (self tapping and machine threaded) to fit any mounting condition. Dealer mounted plate with 4 screws so no drilling needed
Thanks! I ended up using a similar setup to yours. 4 stainless steel screws with internal hex head and nylon washers (~ 1/8" thick) between the plate and bumper. It's much more secure and looks great. Cost around $5 for everything.

I appreciate everyone's input!

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote