Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-06-2013, 02:37 PM   #29
Bumblebee2012

Drives: 2012 2SS TF3, 1971 Chevelle
This is my 33 mpg average over 335 miles and not a bit of highway, all my work commute.

Sent from a Galaxy Note 2, far far away.
Attached Images

Bumblebee2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:58 PM   #30
roorback

Drives: V8 permagrin
Cruze is prolly my next DD. Bigger than a Corolla with better MPG and torque. You really get a lot with a Cruze for the price.

Just awaiting the next round of private offers
roorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:14 PM   #31
Bumblebee2012

Drives: 2012 2SS TF3, 1971 Chevelle
Roorback,

I want Chevy specific in my look for the next commuting car, my last car was a Corolla and before that was a civic. I looked at both of those last year and the focus. I didn't look at Chrysler or the Korean brands. But for the car I wanted, I wanted a cheap car at a max of $22k, I wanted the car to look like it wasn't cheap junk or a kids starter car. I'm 41 years old and an engineer, I wanted something I wouldn't mind parking at work. I wanted to minimize the money lost on fuel and yet wanted something that could serve as a short range family car for me, wife, and 2 kids. I wanted comfort, a mildly sporty look, and good ride that was mildly firm and again, sporty. I wanted a decent technology group, I would have preferred cutting edge technology group like the Ford, but I had to sacrifice here for the sake of the Gm outdated system.

Once I test drive the options and spent some time in Google finding real world fuel economy, it was not a competition. You can't buy a car at the price point of the Cruze that will deliver the total package like these cars. The Cruze just flat makes sense once you look at it compared to its so called competition. I'm not even going to test drive other cars next year when my lease ends on July 4th. I'm going to go straight to another Cruze if I don't buy this one out at the lease end. If I get another, it will be with heated leather and touch screen with back up camera.

Have I mentioned that the Pioneer system in the Cruze is freaking awesome? It trumps the Camaro Boston Acoustic system with ease.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Bumblebee2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:39 PM   #32
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee2012 View Post
Roorback,

I want Chevy specific in my look for the next commuting car, my last car was a Corolla and before that was a civic. I looked at both of those last year and the focus. I didn't look at Chrysler or the Korean brands. But for the car I wanted, I wanted a cheap car at a max of $22k, I wanted the car to look like it wasn't cheap junk or a kids starter car. I'm 41 years old and an engineer, I wanted something I wouldn't mind parking at work. I wanted to minimize the money lost on fuel and yet wanted something that could serve as a short range family car for me, wife, and 2 kids. I wanted comfort, a mildly sporty look, and good ride that was mildly firm and again, sporty. I wanted a decent technology group, I would have preferred cutting edge technology group like the Ford, but I had to sacrifice here for the sake of the Gm outdated system.

Once I test drive the options and spent some time in Google finding real world fuel economy, it was not a competition. You can't buy a car at the price point of the Cruze that will deliver the total package like these cars. The Cruze just flat makes sense once you look at it compared to its so called competition. I'm not even going to test drive other cars next year when my lease ends on July 4th. I'm going to go straight to another Cruze if I don't buy this one out at the lease end. If I get another, it will be with heated leather and touch screen with back up camera.

Have I mentioned that the Pioneer system in the Cruze is freaking awesome? It trumps the Camaro Boston Acoustic system with ease.

I think a Cruze would look nice permanently in your collection .

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-07-2013, 06:36 PM   #33
roorback

Drives: V8 permagrin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee2012 View Post
Roorback,

I appreciate the feedback. I'm going for the 2lt for the combo of nice ride with a sporty slant. As we both said the Cruze is a great car for the price.

I think the OP should be properly persuaded by now
roorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:13 PM   #34
DwRed1LTV6

Drives: '11 VR 2LT HHr
Cant Saying thing to the Cruze but,
my sis has the 1.8 Sonic 1LT Auto almost 10k in a year
trouble free. . .not like she beats on it ~

DwRed1LTV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #35
iCandi

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS vert m6
I have a 2012 LT that I bought in October as my DD. Its smaller than I'm used to but it serves the purpose and I love it. It just turned 12,000km and I am now averaging 6.8L/100Km.
iCandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:07 AM   #36
JJ#48Racing

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS
My wife and I just bought a 2012 1Lt/RS Cruze two months ago. We love it, and get 34mpg city without even trying.
JJ#48Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:12 AM   #37
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
After buying 6 Cavaliers, 2 Sunfires, 3 Cobalts and a G5, I guess one of these is next.

(I live 2 turnpike exits from the assembly plant that builds them)
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:14 AM   #38
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Diesels are hitting dealer lots as we speak.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:51 AM   #39
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ#48Racing View Post
My wife and I just bought a 2012 1Lt/RS Cruze two months ago. We love it, and get 34mpg city without even trying.

Love your choice of words here #48Racing; "34mpg city without even trying"! That's cause for a !

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-11-2013, 12:27 PM   #40
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
It's a pretty cool little comuter. I really dislike the gearing especially when I need to pass or am in slow bumper-to-bumper traffic. I rarely pass in it as it's accelleration is not so good. Driving really slow it does not seem to know what gear it wants to be in & surges a bit worrying me that I'll surge right into someone's bumper. Just have to give yourself a little extra room. Otherwise no complaints.