Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-20-2012, 11:12 PM   #155
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Z/28

REDUCE WEIGHT

NAVIGATION SYSTEM

LARGER TRUNK OPENING

REAL FOG LIGHTS (WITH ITS OWN SEPARATE SWITCH) INSTEAD OF DRL'S

BRING BACK ABM (OR SIMILAR)

BRAKES THAT DON'T SOUND LIKE A BUS COMING TO A STOP

CAMARO SPECIFIC BADGES (FLAGS)

REVAMP THE FACTORY GROUND EFFECTS BECAUSE THEY ARE UGLY

*edit* forgot to mention, and this is a big one for me

MOTHER EFFING T-TOPS
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:13 PM   #156
right to travel

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE SW
I would like to see feedback from the team camaro meeting. It's awesome that you guys take our though and opinions and I would love to know what you guys and gals think about our suggestions and what you all want to put in. I can only imagine the level of enthusiasm you all have to make this car better. Even if you guys decide our input are not going to become reality being as informed as possible would be awesome
right to travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:13 PM   #157
GM4LIFE
*KissMySS*13 my other 1/2

Drives: 1986 Pontiac Fiero SE
1st just want to say I love my car!!! I have just a few suggestions.

6th Gen: Alpha Platform to loose weight

Some Shade of Blue for exterior paint: Love my ABM, get compliments on it all of the time, I know paint colors cost lots of $$$ but please bring back some kind of a awesome blue color.

Sun Visor that blocks sun: Not a big deal...I believe if they were only a couple inches bigger it would help a lot.

climate control: I know this will add weight and cost but Id say at least offer it on the higher end models like the 2LT,2SS, and ZL1. Many new cars have this. Would be a nice luxury addition for the Camaro.

Heated and Cooled seats: Would be nice to have. I drive my car 95% of the time in the warmer months, would be nice to have cooled seats. My boss' Traverse has them and I love it.

Thanks Camaro Team!
GM4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:21 PM   #158
tandtperformance

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2011 PACE CAR 2012 ZL1
Send a message via Yahoo to tandtperformance
Z28
tandtperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:26 PM   #159
Rangore

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS 45th Anniversary Ed
Keep it aggressive looking. Don't make the same mistake that the GTO was...a Cavalier on steroids (not trying to offend anyone but that's what I and many others thought it looked like).

The look of the Camaro is awesome...don't lose that please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-20-2012, 11:30 PM   #160
Maro99

Drives: Heel toe express..
Here are some realistic options I would like to see, and im sure most of you would as well.

1. Different interior color options are needed badly IMO.. It would be really nice to see a white leather option as well as some other colors, like a red for example. They did it for the prototype vert a while back and it looked awesome (See Pics Below)

2. Real navi system.

3. Dash ABL lighting. (I know it probably wont happen but it would be nice.)

4. T-tops (Probably the most unrealistic of the four but im sure everyone would agree T-tops are awesome.)
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2012, 11:45 PM   #161
jorgez28

Drives: 2000 formula
Janet as a long time camaro fan I would say making a z28 and 1le options could work the team could use development from the zl1 and the new sport suspension package to offset the cost. This would give the public more options and GM would get their moneys worth for all their work. Also recarro seat option like the old turbo cobalts.
jorgez28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:48 PM   #162
SGT Stretch

Drives: 2016 Hyper Metallic Blue SS
Much agreed on the T's they are pure awesome. Even though it will probably never happen
Old 02-20-2012, 11:51 PM   #163
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Drives: 2016 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
Sun visors that block the sun, front and full length side. Should slide out and extend full length of the side window. Just like an Equinox or C/K.

Harmon Kardon or similar top quality sound system.

V8 auto trans with no AFM.

Dirt nib free paint.
Better Audio system would be nice. At least include a good sub. Partner with JL please? AFM needs to go. Everyone hates it. No one likes it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

WHAT Z28?????

................... ..........

I love this lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss409cid View Post
Hugger Orange....Real Camaro Color.

Dual Zone Heat & A/C, like most $45K GM Cars & Trucks have. Was almost a deal breaker, cause Wifey is always too HOT.

Push Button Start. Get rid of the VW key, use the Vette Fob.

Thanks for asking for our input........

I forgot about the Wart. Please gid rid of the wart like they did on the 06 Vettes......
Hey! I love IOM. Please don't make it go away

Here are my thoughts.

First.. Please.. Get rid of the gold in the bow ties. Go with more of a glossy black or a matte black bow ties. As I have seen first hand, that is usually the most popular first mod to do. Not that very many people like gold on their vehicles.

I love the 12 steering wheel, but please put Camaro back in the middle and get rid of that gold.

I don't see why so many people are complaining about a stupid visor. Do you not possess sunglasses? My visors are much like my CD player. Not needed and never will be touched.

Not really needed, but would be nice:
-LED mirrors with turn signal abilities (no truck mirrors please)
-touch screen with reasonable GPS
-dash ABL
-get rid of some of the unlock door switches.. Too many of them.
-Add more factory order options (like RS rims in black like the transformers pkg)
-air conditioned seats on 2SS and 2LT
-factory LED door sills
-come up with a unique interior package (like a RS package for the interior)

Reasonable add ons:
-upgraded audio system
-place convertible spoiler on all SS and LT models (including LS)
-parking sensors for the front

Must add ons:
-black bow ties from the factory (put gold in its grave)
-place LED's in each universal remote button so I don't accidentally open up the wrong garage and let a dog out
-AFM needs to go to hell (provide warranty tunes to existing L99 owners)
-Make halos DRL and make the lower light area active fogs on RS Camaros (with brighter white please) also makes the Camaro more appealing to the eye
-place LED in arm rest and glove box so I can see at night
-make side markers turn signal functional
-fuel door needs to be more secure

I do appreciate the changes GM has made thus far. Back up camera was a great idea and much needed, leather on the dash, HUD is AMAZING!, and a lot of us thank you for providing driver seat functions in the passenger seat.

I can't wait to see what is coming on the 13 even though I am about to take ownership of a 12

Best of all thank you for bringing the Camaro back to life!
LED Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:53 PM   #164
liberty
Garage Queens - Not

Drives: '78 Camaro Z28, '80 Camaro Z28
Improvements:

1) Dual-mode performance exhaust (available on Corvettes and ZL1)

2) Cooled driver seat. Current 2SS has mandatory heated seats, with mandatory summer tires, doesn't make sense. Detroit/Canada are cold, Florida isn't.

3) All-season 18" tires with good looking wheel option on 2SS - not into the bigger is better wheel/tire fad.

4) Adjustable pedals - (as in a 2004 Malibu MAXX)

5) Locking fuel filler door with interior release

6) Front foot-well lighting - as in my '78 Z28

7) Keep V8, even if smaller - no turbo V6 for SS
liberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:07 AM   #165
gotexas25
Camaroholic

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
I forgot my biggest issue...where's the push start?!? I would've paid 2 grand for that option after driving a BMW with Keyless Go.
gotexas25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:24 AM   #166
GatorUSMC

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
Please don't bring the horrible taillights in the European Camaro over here.

I've had 2 Camaros and a Firebird before this one but I would have went another direction if this car had those lights.

Sunglasses
GatorUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:38 AM   #167
dgformula2k
lurker

Drives: 2000 Firebird Formula
I'm going to sound like a broken record and basically repeat what most have said here:
More performance options for V6 cars (FE3, CAI from the factory, etc.) I'd also like to see the ZL1 gearing made available on SS. I'd like to see a genuine sport seat option available across the line. Make the RS package more distinctive, right now its just halos and 20s on the V6 and just halos on SS. More interior options, there should be a 3LT/3SS option that gives alcantara trim from ZL1 and adds chrome where there is silver plastic (or piano black/brushed aluminum), uplevel pedal covers, colored stitching and acrylic door panel choices, more ABL, RS stitching on headrests of V6 cars with RS, better stereo. A unique to Camaro air bag cover on the steering wheel, either says "Camaro" or has the old three bar logo. Different color options for convertible top, like a wine color that goes with red or white or silver. Add back a blue color to the choices. There should be a least one color that's ZL1 specific. Build the 1LE concept. Call it Z28, call it 1LE, call it Berlinetta for all I care, just build it for '13.
Peace out.
dgformula2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:43 AM   #168
besherman

Drives: 2008 GMC Denali
A 2014 ZLI LS9. Just in time to step on the next gen Mustang's hooves.
Offer it in hardtop, convertible, manual or auto.
besherman is offline   Reply With Quote