Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 08-29-2023, 03:59 PM   #1
NiickySaz

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1LT V6
My MRT V2 Cat-back expierence. 7/10

Before I go on about to say what I gotta say. I just want ir to be clear, this is from my personal expierence. I am NOT trying to bash to discredit any type of reputation this company has built over the years.

So I finally installed my V2 Cat-back exhaust on my V6. Started it up; noticable difference, not loud, but just a mellow slight rumble(if that). Put it in drive, cruised around 35-40mph for about 8min(making my way to I-35). Mind you, my AFM is disabled.

Aug 23rd, installed the system

Aug 24th the drive...

(35/40mph) This point you can clearly tell theres an exhaust on the car. Accelerating to 45mph sounded.. well a V6 I guess, just not like a stout V6, the decible level is not going to sound like a V8 i get it, it was more of a pitch of a sports car, however; it did have a mix of that throaty and ricer thing going. I havent made up my mind at this point where I stood. When I eased off the gas and let the car coast it kept that pitch an did gradually reduce the tone, again, not a muscle car sound.

(70/80mph) once I made it to the on ramp, I accelerated to 110mph then let it coast down to 70mph. Wow. Mine drones.. mine DEFINITELY drones. Getting it above 80mph sounded impressive, probably my favorite part of the ride. But unfortunately here, the speed limit is 70/75. Granted you could get away doing 80 no problem. So here I am sitting just under 2k at 70mph(sport mode AND MY AFM IS OFF) now due to my AFM being disabled maybe MRT didnt consider it, and just went to directly factory tune which is peefectly fine. But literatly, the entire cruise was just constant mild drone. I didnt have to turn up the radio, but cracking the window helped. Whats really annoying is, its a constant-never fluctuated tone.(not that anything else would be better). I dont have or own a decible counter, but I could not see myself cruising around dealing with it(again, my ears, my expierence).

After about 80 miles(went to Waco and back south, straight shot) I casually got off a few exits an coasted down the access roads next to the highway, just to relieve the sound a bit(windows were up at this point) my mind was made up right then an there. Maybe if I was 18/19 and being rebellious, yes this would be the exhaust to do it.

28-Aug

Just yesterday morning, it was cooler out earlier in the am so I figured let me give it one last shot and maybe I was being picky.. drove a similair route as above(25min drive, but less highway, more equal around 50mph/60mph) still had the same tone. But not as bad as anything near highway speeds. Got back home, pulled in the driveway an rev'd it a bit. Sounds great around 3-4k.

Conclusion:
I uninstalled this system ahortly after typing this(12pm central) put the stock system back on, boy was that fun by myself.... what Im gonna do is, just hack the exiating muffler off and just put the V2 mufflers on at this point. Got the whole system for just under $1,600, so Id like to get something out of it. Im not going to crucify MRT or anything, I think with my AFM being disabled and just maybe my car it just wasnt meant to be 7/10. I wouldnt buy it again, or if I knew now what I didnt know then. Anyway, hope this helps someone out there ✌

*update* 05-Sept entire cat back system for sale.

Last edited by NiickySaz; 09-11-2023 at 10:44 PM.
NiickySaz is offline   Reply With Quote