Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 04-26-2017, 07:34 AM   #29
ZXCamaro
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeAyalaM View Post
Even if that is so, is not important to take care of even one problematic kit? Will you step up and live up to your statements that the Stage 2 IC is good for up to 700 WHP levels? L.O.L. my car is below 570 WHP!
Jesus man. Not only do you sound rude in your thread, but now you are in here too bad mouthing procharger? Do yourself a favor and take their advice. CALL YOUR DEALER. Break down your kit and see if anything is installed wrong or bad. Or just pull it all off, and return it. ECS makes an awesome novi kit for the camaro. But man you are a buzz kill. Honestly you are lucky procharger is even on here and continuing to respond to your posts. Sack up.
ZXCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 07:59 AM   #30
JoeAyalaM
Account Suspended

Drives: Audi S6 V8TT, Volvos XC60 & S60R
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXCamaro View Post
Jesus man. Not only do you sound rude in your thread, but now you are in here too bad mouthing procharger? Do yourself a favor and take their advice. CALL YOUR DEALER. Break down your kit and see if anything is installed wrong or bad. Or just pull it all off, and return it. ECS makes an awesome novi kit for the camaro. But man you are a buzz kill. Honestly you are lucky procharger is even on here and continuing to respond to your posts. Sack up.
I am sorry to sound like a buss kill to you. But I thought it would be good for people to be aware of the conditions where there can be problems with the Stage 2 IC. I would certainly have liked to know about this before I bought. What would you do if you where in my place, be quiet and let others find problems later? That would not be an ethic posture.

I have done all the things you suggest, everything has been checked twice. I would certainly return the kit, IF only they where kind enough to take it back and return my money, but the dealer and manufacturer bounce me off.
JoeAyalaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 08:04 AM   #31
ZXCamaro
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
I am sorry to sound like a buss kill to you. But I thought it would be good for people to be aware of the conditions where there can be problems with the Stage 2 IC. I would certainly have liked to know about this before I bought. What would you do if you where in my place, be quiet and let others find problems later? That would not be an ethic posture.

I have done all the things you suggest, everything has been checked twice. I would certainly return the kit, IF only they where kind enough to take it back and return my money, but the dealer and manufacturer bounce me off.
Then take it to an independent shop to tear down and troubleshoot. It might be on your dime, but if you can find a bad part or issue with the design then you can pin it back on them.

But honestly people all over the country are running this kit in all kinds of weather it sounds like. And from your thread, procharger hasnt seen anything from anyone else in those hotter places.

I'd be concerned with what could cause high IATs. The blower. Maybe the impeller is rubbing on something and creating tons of heat? Also you arent running a restrictor plate on anything to limit the high RPM boost are you? There are people that do that when running a bigger blower to get the low rpm tq, but limit the boost pressure at the high end to preserver engine parts. What could be causing all that heat? Got to be the headunit somehow? Is it filled with oil???
ZXCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 08:49 AM   #32
ProCharger

Drives: Many C7's
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcarney1977 View Post
YES I HAVE THE D-1 setup with the stage 2 intercooler and never had heat soak yet...
Pretty much the normal, even with the track day I posted with 142 degree temps, inlet temps where still in-check. Granted they were in like the 150 range if I recall, but kinda hard to go below that when the ground temp was so high. ....car still trapped MPH in the 120's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBlackSS View Post
https://www.instagram.com/p/BTSIQO2D...ce_motorsports

NICE!!!!

First start!! (before tune)
Will post my baseline, full exhaust, and final after procharger numbers once I get it!
Thats awesome, loved checking it out!

Quote:
I am sorry to sound like a buss kill to you. But I thought it would be good for people to be aware of the conditions where there can be problems with the Stage 2 IC.
For people using their cars in different extremes and different applications, we make (4) intercoolers for this car...

1) Standard HO intercooler
2) Stage 2 intercooler
3) Race air-to-air intercooler
4) Competition Air-to-Water (this is just now released)

The air to water is really for extreme builds like 750-1000+ hp and things like standing mile racing, or half mile racing where long long pulls are done, or boost levels are highly elevated.
ProCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:24 PM   #33
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: 2017 1SS
well

Quote:

seems thats a problem... you def have issues with your dealer...... the mfg has nothing to do with it.. ..
Alfieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:56 PM   #34
Chevy71

Drives: 2016 2SS
Congrats on getting it here and installed so fast haha! It's crazy how fast it happens when you take it to a shop haha! I'm going to guess your final number at 570-585hp!

Quote:
Yes sir. Get the tuner kit, if you dont want to go to a shop and get a professional tune (or until you can)
The tuner kit actually isn't the plug and play kit, it requires a tuner to complete it I.e. No handheld shelf tune supplied.
Chevy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:03 PM   #35
Chevy71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Where's the best place to buy and prices on these kits? Also they come with a tune included that is sufficient?
Tim turned me onto gForce engineering and they have awesome prices!
Old 04-26-2017, 11:14 PM   #36
DevBlackSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
FINAL NUMBERS!
Attached Images

Old 04-26-2017, 11:19 PM   #37
DevBlackSS

BASELINE: 416WHP/ 421 TQ
Full Exhaust: 441WHP/ 443 TQ
PROCHARGER: 602WHP/ 558TQ

Thats a gain of 161 whp and 115 tq!
Overall, I could not be any happier with the numbers! Exactly what I was hoping/ looking to end up. GForce never lets me down! I cant wait to pick her up, and see what kind of animal it is now.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:30 PM   #38
Hyper SS

Drives: 16 Camaro 2SS
Sick.....

Quote:
BASELINE: 416WHP/ 421 TQ
Full Exhaust: 441WHP/ 443 TQ
PROCHARGER: 602WHP/ 558TQ

Thats a gain of 161 whp and 115 tq!
Overall, I could not be any happier with the numbers! Exactly what I was hoping/ looking to end up. GForce never lets me down! I cant wait to pick her up, and see what kind of animal it is now.
You have a 1 in a million stock fuel set up. At 7.49 A/F, it seems you still have fuel. Awesome. Congrats. Drive safe. Be smart. It's hard to stop suddenly, when in boost!!
Hyper SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 11:37 PM   #39
DevBlackSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper SS View Post
You have a 1 in a million stock fuel set up. At 7.49 A/F, it seems you still have fuel. Awesome. Congrats. Drive safe. Be smart. It's hard to stop suddenly, when in boost!!
Feels like Ive won the lotto lol. yay for 1 in a million! So ive herd, roger that!
Old 04-26-2017, 11:39 PM   #40
Hyper SS

Quote:
Feels like Ive won the lotto lol. yay for 1 in a million! So ive herd, roger that!
My A8 was going lean around 570rwhp.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:40 PM   #41
Chevy71

Quote:
FINAL NUMBERS!
WOW! Very strong fuel numbers man, almost 7.5! Your baseline was nice and your pro charger number was great. Very good numbers and lots of fuel haha
Old 04-26-2017, 11:41 PM   #42
Hyper SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper SS View Post
What size pulley? How much boost?