Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 02-02-2018, 04:28 AM   #57
sschons74

Drives: 16 Camaro 1SS & 82 Silverado C10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
This is how

Ryan B.
Where there's a will there's a way. Nice 1LE man.
Old 02-02-2018, 08:11 AM   #58
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss/r's View Post
Not here. There’s a guy on other forum who said that he hopes the Camaro dies. He’s nothing but a hater.
quite a few members have tried to talk him off the ledge by pointing out that the camaro is good for the mustang...more of a brother from another mother than the sworn enemy some make it out to be.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 08:19 AM   #59
DiGiam

Drives: 2016 NFG SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by brAnd7onX View Post
Fix the A8... too many issues.
+1000000. A8 has too many issues and people are turning away because its becoming well known fast. The A8 sucks in anything other than wide open throttle acceleration.
Old 02-02-2018, 08:38 AM   #60
Kise

Drives: 16' 2SS, 06' Silverado SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by '01LS1 View Post
A $29,995 V8 Camaro would further crush resale & current lease options of all current Camaros. Sub $30k days are long gone, particularly when you look at basic commuter cars hitting close to that range.

Cannot imagine the hand brake being the one thing that was the make or break option.

7th gen design is or should already be in progress. That money has already been spent.

If you look around on other forums. The constant place where the 6th gen takes heat from those who looked at buying one is the high belt line, low roof line, confined feel of drivers area, lack of storage vs competition. Cost is also mentioned, but is seemingly further down the list of why people actually purchased a Mustang/Challenger instead of a Camaro.

Also as others have mentioned, dealer stock. My local Chevrolet dealer may have a single SS on the lot, usually a convertible. The remaining few are LS/LT's. Meanwhile the Dodge camp has a dozen or so Challengers from sxt's, scat packs thru Hellcats on the lot at any time. Ford across the street will have a couple V8 GT's & a few entry level units. Having access to shop the cars in person makes a difference as well.

7th is already designed, they started that around when the 6th gen was completed. something that could help huge in sales is if they had an AWD version.
Kise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 08:53 AM   #61
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Impala is down, Cruze is down, Sonic is down, Spark is down, Volt is down, Corvette is down (1000 units...those are Viper numbers!!)....but nearly every single crossover, truck or SUV have increase in sales figures - so much so that Chevrolet as a brand has increased in sales by 5% year over year.

Sales figures are bad for Camaro - but they're nearly as bad, or worse for every other sedan/coupe on the market, it seems. Cars are not "in" right now....

So, I don't think it's too fair to put all the blame on the car, itself...because it's faltering (right now) mostly BECAUSE it's a car.

I think Camaro team needs to figure out how best to keep it interesting and relevant to maintain what sales they can in an anti-car market...while being cost effective.

Glad I don't have their job - but I have faith in them...Camaro's not going anywhere.

EDIT: Plus - it's the dead of winter. This is literally THE WORST time in recent history to sell a sports car.
It didn't seem to hurt the Camaro in the previous years since it came back though? Camaro actually has had pretty solid sales # in the winter months in years past

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
Low or flat sales is one thing, but a 20% drop compared to January 2017 is not good not matter how you look at it. The 6th does has the advantage of being built with the ATS and CTS to help offset the R&D tooling costs and stay afloat during lean times.
This ^ this was a bad month. worst since the car came back to life. Be interesting to see if it jumps back up to normalish levels in Feb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongos2U View Post
I wonder how many leftover '17 Mustangs figured into their sales number for January. Are they having a fire sale to get them off dealer lots?
They started building the 18's in early October. I can't imagine there was a huge amount of 17's left to inflate the number when they stopped building them 4 months ago. I am sure there was deals to be had on 17s though
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 10:00 AM   #62
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:

So, I don't think it's too fair to put all the blame on the car, itself...because it's faltering (right now) mostly BECAUSE it's a car.

EDIT: Plus - it's the dead of winter. This is literally THE WORST time in recent history to sell a sports car.
In January of 2010, when the economy was in the toilet, car sales were down and people were losing their asses all over..the 5th Gen sold well over 5,000 units.

Now in 2018 the 6th Gen, in a much better economy, is only selling a hair over 50% of the 5th Gen's numbers.

It's the car.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 10:33 AM   #63
flaps100

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0 RS
I dont get it

It has to be GM and there lousy commercials, part of the issue anyway.

I had a 2015 Mustang GT and did not like it, only kept it a year, Got the 2017 Camaro and like it much more.

Interior way nicer, Front end , in fact all around looks much nicer. Handles better, drives nicer on our lousy road to work when I drive it in. Less odd noises, man the Mustang had some odd plastic cracking sounds going on all the time. Even the radio is much nicer looking in the Camaro

And the limited visability is not that much of an issue for me. I am careful and can see what I need to, If feels much cooler inside to me the way it has the high sides and all.

Don't know what the sales issue is compared to Mustang, every review I read the Camaro Wins Overall.

Flaps

Last edited by flaps100; 02-02-2018 at 11:08 AM.
flaps100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 10:36 AM   #64
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
That doesn't mean it's the car.. There was no Camaro for years before the 2010 MY which I believe is the reason for the sales numbers gen 5 had overall. Truthfully, Mustang would probably sell more if the Camaro and Mustang were exactly the same in every way.

It's a cycle. Sales of gen 7 will probably be an improvement over gen 6.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 10:44 AM   #65
Cldgin2

Drives: 2017 1LE SS
In 2010 there was a huge pent up demand for a Camaro That hadn’t been for sale in a long time. Not to mention the nostalgia craze in cars was in full swing to which the Camaro also checked a box. Today a huge percentage of 5th gens are now paid off and their owners still happy with that purchase. Gas was also stupid expensive then, and truck sales fell off the planet. Cars were back in vogue. Today gas is cheap, economy is good. Trucks and suv’s Are now back in vogue.

The 6th gen is amazing. It’s not the car, it’s the times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
In January of 2010, when the economy was in the toilet, car sales were down and people were losing their asses all over..the 5th Gen sold well over 5,000 units.

Now in 2018 the 6th Gen, in a much better economy, is only selling a hair over 50% of the 5th Gen's numbers.

It's the car.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:44 AM   #66
detltu

Drives: 1992 Z28 1LE; 2015 Zl1
Monthly Sales Charts

Jan 2018 Delivery (sales) Stats:*

Camaro Jan 2018 Deliveries (actual sales):2867 -20%(Pr Ye)

Compared to Competition:

Mustang Jan 2018 Delivery (sales):4732 -6%(Pr Ye)
Challenger Jan 2018 Delivery (sales):3405 0% (Pr Ye)

Pretty sharp decline for the Camaro. None of the numbers look good, but the Challenger and Mustang are clearly in better shape right now.

Charts will follow later.
1991 Camaro Z28 1LE-
1992 Camaro Z28 1LE- 25th anniversary
2015 Camaro ZL1
detltu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 10:48 AM   #67
'01LS1

Drives: 2003 Pete
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kise View Post
7th is already designed, they started that around when the 6th gen was completed. something that could help huge in sales is if they had an AWD version.
Have always been curious what the uptake of the Challenger GT has been with their awd system? Pricing for it starts at $34k & typically see them on the lots for around $36-$38 msrp. They only offer it with their V6 & it is heavy at 4100 pounds.

Assuming the 7th gen Camaro will share the same platform as the 2020 Cadillac CT5/CT4. Would think they would offer it first if it was going to be available?
'01LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 10:48 AM   #68
MrImSoFly

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 2SS
It is the middle of winter and a few months before a refresh. I will begin to panic once i see these type of numbers during summer months.
MrImSoFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 11:11 AM   #69
Rob GTO

Drives: 2006 Pontiac GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by rburke76 View Post
low sales, but what's the profit margarin? GM should know what they are doing...but, 3 things would help:

More marketing like a commercial that vin diesel does with dodge.

better price point....how about 29,995$ for a base V8....

hand brake is just so much cooler in a "sports" / "muscle car" than a electronic brake....

hope the refresh is great and sells well... or no 7th generation Camaro...
30k base V8 is not happening, keep dreaming

Quote:
Impala is down, Cruze is down, Sonic is down, Spark is down, Volt is down, Corvette is down (1000 units...those are Viper numbers!!)....but nearly every single crossover, truck or SUV have increase in sales figures - so much so that Chevrolet as a brand has increased in sales by 5% year over year.
The Viper has NEVER sold that many units in a month. Lots of misinformation in this thread.
Rob GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 11:29 AM   #70
R.C. Collins

Drives: 2017 Camaro
I don't worry about sales numbers. I have my 1LE. It will still be fun to own and drive years from now. I'm done trading cars every couple of years for the latest, greatest version like i used to. Frankly, if the Gen6 was the last Camaro made (which i seriously doubt) i would say it ended on a high note as the best version ever. I see four Mustangs on the street for every Camaro. I'm good with that. I like not seeing as many Camaros.
R.C. Collins is offline   Reply With Quote