Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-01-2018, 04:15 PM   #29
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
I wonder if we have a drop in supply of Camaro as part of the talked about earlier in 2017 planned idling of plants.
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 04:33 PM   #30
WhiteyDog

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT PP
Well guys, I for one don't want to see the Camaro go. As I said on that "other" forum, the competition between the two is good banter at cruise nights, car meets, wherever. Keeping the Camaro in production is good for both the Mustang and Camaro, keeps both companies on their toes to develop better options, push the horsepower further, and just flat out want to outdo the other. So me a Camaro hater? . . . .No, not even the slightest. It's a powerful rival to my Mustang. I had more GM cars over the years than Ford, by far. Had two Firebirds some years back and was pissed that GM did away with them.
WhiteyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 04:44 PM   #31
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
Around 1/3 of all vehicles traded on new vehicles are worth less than the owner owes. Today, I saw an auto loan ad for up to 110% financing... Zero-down loans and extended loan terms only work in the short term.

Government mandated fuel economy and safety improvements continue to drive the cost of new cars out of reach. The problem is people don't realize they can't afford to take the depreciation hit on new cars until they're already upside-down. Many consumers don't even care and recklessly just keep rolling negative equity into new loans.

This downward spiral cannot continue forever and sales for cars that people buy for pleasure are likely to see the effects before other types of vehicles. That why when auto makers get into financial trouble, cars like the Camaro are the first to be axed. A greater focus will be placed on higher-profit utility vehicles with cheaper trim packages to help the company weather the storm.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
2016 Camaro SS M6 w/LT4 (Sold)
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 04:57 PM   #32
JoeCamaro444

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Hot Wheels Camaro
Everyone needs to relax. The Camaro isn’t going anywhere again. The last time it went away after 2002, there were plant, production and safety issues along with low sales numbers. This car is phenomenal and all the reviewers know this, so GM does as well. They will do something to boost sales, but it’s not going anywhere. 😎🤘🏼
1988 IROC-Z (tons of mods), 1995 Z28, 1998 Z28, 2006 GTO, 2010 Camaro 1SS, 2015 Subaru STI, a couple Acuras and multiple Jeeps.
JoeCamaro444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 05:14 PM   #33
CCG Garnet Red

Drives: 2017 RS Garnet Red Tintcoat A8
I'm Chevy from way back, 65 El Camino, 66 Malibu coupe, 72 Malibu 350, 72 Chevelle SS350, 75 RS Camaro, 79 Z28 (1st new car), 64 Malibu SS vert, 70 Chevelle SS 396, 84 Monte Carlo SS (new), 79 vette (have had 30 years), Lumina Euro (forget the year), 02 Impala (new, still own), and my son's new 17 Camaro RS. I just got through watching the Kia Stinger Super Bowl had with Steven Tyler and it was rocking, aggressive and great! It wouldn't hurt GM at all to advertise Camaro and Corvette in a similar manner! All you see is a bunch of people (not actors) on a freeway with a HBM Camaro in the background on a freeway with other Chevys telling about a J D Power dependability award 2 years in a row, which is great, but how about a sporty, rocking ad starring the Camaro and vette? Maybe both are now niche vehicles and they make so much $ on SUV's and pickups they don't really care about volume on sports cars anymore.
CCG Garnet Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 05:16 PM   #34

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
If the Camaro comes to an end in the near future, then it was just meant to be, and the nature of the beast....The high end first/second Gen muscle car era lasted far shorter (1967-1971...??) than what we have seen with the 5thGen and 6thGen hi hp performance, "New age muscle/modern muscle" cars....2009-2019...???....

Do we really want these Camaros to become a generic, low-cost "popular", just like every-other grocery getter sedan on the road, just so we can say "It's alive" and not out of production?....Anybody who wants a Camaro, especially a hi-end hi optioned model, should probably act soon. They can be gone with the wind on very short notice.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 05:24 PM   #35
CCG Garnet Red

Drives: 2017 RS Garnet Red Tintcoat A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
If the Camaro comes to an end in the near future, then it was just meant to be, and the nature of the beast....The high end first/second Gen muscle car era lasted far shorter (1967-1971...??) than what we have seen with the 5thGen and 6thGen hi hp performance, "New age muscle/modern muscle" cars....2009-2019...???....

Do we really want these Camaros to become a generic, low-cost "popular", just like every-other grocery getter sedan on the road, just so we can say "It's alive" and not out of production?....Anybody who wants a Camaro, especially a hi-end hi optioned model, should probably act soon. They can be gone with the wind on very short notice.
It's not just Camaros and Vettes, car sales are down all across the GM and Ford lines. People are SUV/pickup crazy. Fiat/Chrysler only make the 300, a 4 door Charger (yuck) and the very old platform Challenger.
CCG Garnet Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 05:26 PM   #36
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCG Garnet Red View Post
It's not just Camaros and Vettes, car sales are down all across the GM and Ford lines. People are SUV/pickup crazy. Fiat/Chrysler only make the 300, a 4 door Charger (yuck) and the very old platform Challenger.
Very old is an understatement.

The bones of the LX/LC platform are a Mercedes E Class from the mid 90's

That's prehistoric in automotive terms.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 05:27 PM   #37
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Lol they know I’m right.

Like I said difference between crowds. I enjoy the rivalry. I will take digs at the mustang. I’ve never wished the car or company to fail.

Just look at the thread you can see the type of people some mustang owners are. Plain and simple.

But I’m the one on suicide watch and taking it too seriously. Wow. The human species lol

I’ve replied in sales threads a handful of times and am actually not concerned with sales or the Camaro getting cancelled. Never said such a thing. Wishing death on the car or brand? Having a screen name dedicated to reminding you of the companies past failure ? That’s a special kind of taking it too seriously. Really special lol. Only a mustang owner...
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 05:33 PM   #38
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
LOL this coming from the enemy. The dredded mustang owner. I dont think your beloved car is going anywhere. 80k sales in 2017 for an expensive toy says it all. Now you guys can get back to the mustang is 50% fleet sales. And GM make 150% more per unit than ford stuff. Or I like that our cars sell less. More exclusive. Those are my favorites.
But Camaro isn't going anywhere. So relax.

Last edited by GossipSquirrelJelena; 02-02-2018 at 12:44 AM.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 05:57 PM   #39
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT58 View Post
They are expensive and depreciation is huge. There are problems with them and they have competition- mainly Mustang. Compared to my WRX, the WRX is so much better- it was cheaper- I paid 27K versus 34K for the RS. WRX has not had to go to the dealer once, no issues at all and it's worth 4K more than the Camaro right now- and it's 2 years old!! I would not buy another Camaro ever unless I got one a few years old and for wholesale.

But.....I like it more more than the WRX and the WRX is most likely going so I can buy a cheap commuter to travel long distance to and from work.
The WRX is a great car and was on my list of considerations at one point, but they've had their share of problems as well - lots of broken trannies and blown engines. No model is perfect. A good example is the Honda Accord. They are rated so highly until you start digging deeper - electrical problems and defective trannies. Toyota? How many recalls have they had?

Ford Mustang? Ticking engines, oil leaks, A/C issues, crappy transmissions, and the list goes on. Focus RS? Blown head gaskets galore.

That in no way excuses the issues you had with your Camaro BTW. I genuinely wish you luck and I hope to never have to visit the dealer for anything but routine maintenance, but I also have to be realistic about my expectations.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 06:08 PM   #40
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95birdible View Post
Bottom line is this car is too expensive. Sure, it has all the creature comforts, powerful V8 etc. I think where they failed is people with 5th gens just are not selling their cars to upgrade to the 6th gen. My 12 1SS Vert is everything I wanted in a car. But to spend upwards of 20 grand more for the latest 6th gen vert is not worth it to me. Most people who have this type of car at least up here in the rust belt store them 6 months out of the year. That is a lot of cash to tie up over 5 years with less return on your money. Personally, I could get a Vette for the price of a loaded SS convertible and that is where I would go if I was to get a new sports car.

I traded / upgraded my 5th gen vert for a 6th gen 1LE this month.

Ryan B.
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 06:10 PM   #41
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deakins View Post
Well, if you live in the upper half of the country you can't even drive an SS with it's OEM tires off the lot! How can you expect to sell a car that people can't even drive home??

This is how

Ryan B.
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 06:33 PM   #42
rburke76

Drives: garnet red
4 cylinder turbo guy here...Profit margarin?

low sales, but what's the profit margarin? GM should know what they are doing...but, 3 things would help:

More marketing like a commercial that vin diesel does with dodge.

better price point....how about 29,995$ for a base V8....

hand brake is just so much cooler in a "sports" / "muscle car" than a electronic brake....

hope the refresh is great and sells well... or no 7th generation Camaro...
rburke76 is offline   Reply With Quote