Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
Are those wrapped or painted?
Painted. Satin finish.
Old 02-11-2016, 10:39 PM   #100
skirmish

Drives: BMW 435 GC
Make a 2SS 1LE and I'll gladly swap the BMW in my driveway for a Camaro!

Give us options, I can't imagine it's that difficult to add add ot remove parts that are already designed for the car.
skirmish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 11:00 PM   #101
Waiting46

Drives: 1981 silver corvette,Hyper Blue 2SS
FYI, here are all the missing options between 1SS and 2SS:

Package
Memory Package recalls 2 driver "presets" for 8-way power driver seat and outside mirrors

Interior
Audio system feature, Bose premium 7-speaker system
Seats, heated driver and front passenger
Sill plates, illuminated
Steering wheel, heated
*Head-Up Display with color digital readouts for vehicle speed, selected gear, G-Force, audio system information, high-beam indicator, compass, outside air temperature, turn signals, tachometer, vehicle messages, Turn-by-Turn information and phone information
Wireless Charging for devices
Universal Home Remote includes garage door opener, 3-channel programmable
Air conditioning, dual-zone automatic climate control with individual climate settings for driver and dedicated passenger controls and outside temperature display
Lighting, interior spectrum 24 different color selections
Interior trim, aluminum accents on door trim and shifter cap
*Leather seats (not listed)

Exterior
Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable and driver-side auto-dimming, body-color

Safety
Rear Park Assist
Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
Side Blind Zone Alert with Lane Change Alert

(* are options standard on 1LE)
Waiting46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 11:47 PM   #102
GDAGR8

Drives: Camaro-future
Put it on a track with a loaded 2ss m6 with a tire or wheel upgrade. Then I'll have some
GDAGR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 04:07 AM   #103
Brian 1LE SS

Drives: 98 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
I'm upset it doesn't come in convertible with options for a luggage rack for those long trips I'm going to take in it. /s
LMAO! It needs a luggage rack like the ones on the early 70's Vette. Mske sure they sre chrome.
<a href=http://www.norcal-lsx.com/multimedia/data/500/562752_4054654816027_115782456_n.jpg target=_blank>http://www.norcal-lsx.com/multimedia...15782456_n.jpg</a>
Brian 1LE SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 05:55 AM   #104
aa406079

Drives: New : 2017 SS 1LE Old: 2012 TTRS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
This is why she shouldn't ever upgrade from the status of girlfriend to fiancee or wife.

I'm completely serious. My wife would never try and tell me how to option the car I wanted. This isn't the family minivan.
What's that honey? I can't have one 1LE because it doesn't have ventilated seats? "

"I got your ventilated seat right here baby"

aa406079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 06:19 AM   #105
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
He's baaaaaack!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian 1LE SS View Post
LMAO! It needs a luggage rack like the ones on the early 70's Vette. Mske sure they sre chrome.

In all seriousness though, the 1LE isn't for me.. I'm looking to drag race as the part time hobby (in addition to creature comforts for DD) so I spec'd mine out accordingly.

Just chuckling at all those wanting to load up the track car when previously there was demand for GM to make a stripped down track Camaro. As others have suggested, I'm betting the ZL1 will have all the bells and whistles as options + the track capability and the blower... (and I'm sure close to 65k too)
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 07:34 AM   #106
aa406079

Drives: New : 2017 SS 1LE Old: 2012 TTRS M6
Anyone going to the Chicago show? Curious about the rather gaping amount of wheel gap...
aa406079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 07:52 AM   #107
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting46 View Post
FYI, here are all the missing options between 1SS and 2SS:

Package
Memory Package recalls 2 driver "presets" for 8-way power driver seat and outside mirrors
I am the only one driving this car, don't need that.

Quote:
Interior
Audio system feature, Bose premium 7-speaker system
If I was daily driving it, I would want that. But for a weekend car, na. Heck, the stereo won't even be turned on that often in this car.

Quote:
Seats, heated driver and front passenger
I live in Florida, no need for heated seats.

Quote:
Sill plates, illuminated
These are nice, but they can be purchased as an LPO option if you want them.

Quote:
Steering wheel, heated
Again, I live in Florida, no need for this.

Quote:
*Head-Up Display with color digital readouts for vehicle speed, selected gear, G-Force, audio system information, high-beam indicator, compass, outside air temperature, turn signals, tachometer, vehicle messages, Turn-by-Turn information and phone information
The SS 1LE comes with this standard, as you said.

Quote:
Wireless Charging for devices
Placement of this is kinda dumb, so I could care less about this. Plus, Car Play needs the phone to be plugged in I think.

Quote:
Universal Home Remote includes garage door opener, 3-channel programmable
Would be nice to have, but I don't have an issue keeping my remote in the glovebox as I usually do.

Quote:
Air conditioning, dual-zone automatic climate control with individual climate settings for driver and dedicated passenger controls and outside temperature display
The 1SS (and therefore SS 1LE) has all these features but the dual zone, it is still automatic with the readouts. I have dual zone in my other car and have had before. Nobody really changes the other side lol...so no loss here.

Quote:
Lighting, interior spectrum 24 different color selections
I am glad it doesn't come with this. I do not like the way the door trim looks with the light channels and the whole disco lighting thing to me is cheesy. But, if you wanted it, it is an LPO option as well.

Quote:
Interior trim, aluminum accents on door trim and shifter cap
Pretty sure the 1SS has this trim, maybe the 1LT doesn't?

Quote:
*Leather seats (not listed)
Well, the SS 1LE has suede and leather trimmed Recaro seats, which is a big step up there...to say the least.

Quote:
Exterior
Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable and driver-side auto-dimming, body-color
They are still power adjustable, just not heated and auto dimming. Not a big loss there.

Quote:
Safety
Rear Park Assist
Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
Side Blind Zone Alert with Lane Change Alert
No desire for any of this in a non daily driver track car. There still is a back up camera though...so that is more then enough.

Plus let's remember all the extras the SS 1LE has that even a 2SS can not get...I am very happy with what is offered. IMO, it is just about perfect for what it is.

• The new FE4 suspension – a performance-oriented chassis system with specific tuning for the Magnetic Ride dampers, springs and stabilizer bars.
• Segment-exclusive electronic limited-slip differential
• Unique forged aluminum wheels
• Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires (285/30ZR20 front tires and 305/30ZR20 rear) with a compound and construction developed exclusively for the Camaro – offering exceptional grip on the track
• Brembo brakes with new six-piston monobloc front red calipers – featuring the 1LE logo – and two-piece rotors. Measuring 14.6 inches (370mm) in diameter, the front rotors are 7 percent larger than Camaro SS (not a factory option on the SS, only LPO)
• Suede steering wheel with shorter-throw shifter (suede covered as well)
• Satin black hood, front mirrors and unique three-piece rear spoiler
• Satin graphite front splitter and rear diffuser
• Available PDR video/data recording system.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:01 AM   #108
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
Just chuckling at all those wanting to load up the track car when previously there was demand for GM to make a stripped down track Camaro.
This is not a track car or stripped down Camaro. It is a more track capable car than the base SS, but it is not a track car and if you believe that you are buying GM's hype. It has a radio, it has A/C, it has a leather back seat (which is not standard on the 1SS), it has available nav, it doesn't have any sound deadening removed or other weight removal tricks, etc. If you want to make a stripper, make a stripper. But don't try to sell me on "it's only available in 1SS because it's a track car" when the V6 is available on the 2LT and the previous gen was available on the 2SS and was not as good of a daily driver as the gen 6 car. That's why I wish it was offered on both the 1SS and 2SS. There's clearly a reason GM decided to do this but it isn't because they are offering a stripped down track car.

My thought is they did this so that they can maximize profits on the 2017 2SS with individual options being added to the car and they may even offer the FE4 suspension, Recaros, and e-diff as stand alone options next year. They'll definitely make the wheels available and the Brakes are already a $3k option. You want a 2SS with most of the 1LE options, go ahead and piece it together and pay over $52k for it. Al O already said that you'll be able to piece one together if you want for the most part through GM performance Parts (except for the e-diff for the time being.)]

That said, I'm still considering buying the 1SS 1LE instead of the 2SS : )
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:01 AM   #109
chetly

Drives: 2004 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
Not really, this car is not a drag car. A manual is the better overall choice on an autocross or larger circuit. It seems GM agrees, remember, they even recommend the manual on the Z06 if you want to track it...

I don't think they care about big sales, this is a niche car. Plus, the 1LE has always been manual only.
negative ghostrider. when the 1le first came out in the late 80's they were available with an automatic and 350tpi engine vs the 5 speed manual and 305tpi.
chetly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:09 AM   #110
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetly View Post
negative ghostrider. when the 1le first came out in the late 80's they were available with an automatic and 350tpi engine vs the 5 speed manual and 305tpi.
Correct, I forgot about that. It has been manual only since the 4th generation though. Last year with an available automatic was 1992.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:29 AM   #111
chetly

Drives: 2004 Z06
My complaints, MRC standard and the placement of the SS badge. I like to turn knobs on my shocks and make the car do what I want it to do. And the badge placement looks like an oversight. Should be up on the deck lid or rear spoiler.
chetly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:47 AM   #112
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
That said, I'm still considering buying the 1SS 1LE instead of the 2SS : )

It's a nice car, don't get me wrong -- and if I was going to do more AutoX / Road Course, I'd have gone that route.. I tried it and while it's very fun, I just get over burdened with all the prep, cost, weekend event, etc.. Tried it with my 5th Gen and I had some not so fun additions to the car.. Didn't do much with the Vette..

I'm really just more laughing because Al O or FbodFather awhile back (years now) made a comment in the 5th gen early days about people saying they want X, GM makes X, then those people complain it doesn't come with Y and Z. So, they make X with YZ and now people complain that it's forced YZ. That was my whole thing there..

I'm trying to not be such a tool on things these days (maybe it's age), so everyone's entitled to their own choices..
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote