Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 08-23-2016, 10:57 AM   #15
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Bottom line is if you want one of the first ones you need an allocation. Even then the dealer can mess with you. I had the #1 allocation and the owner decided the first one would be for the showroom. Of course they got that one and sold it right away. I think they probably lied to me but that is dealers. Once the initial allocations are filled it should open up.
Old 08-23-2016, 11:11 AM   #16
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Drives: '69 RS Pro Street
Can you still place an order for a car with a constraint? It's not like a dark tail light of course but either way there's no way to finish the car without everything.
Heavymetal454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 11:53 AM   #17
g3ngo

Drives: 2013 Audi TTRS, 2013 Ford Edge
I can't speak for all dealerships, but I've custom ordered a car and the deposit was totally refundable. Best to check with your local dealer on their policies.
g3ngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 12:03 PM   #18
KLR ZL1
H-Town Camaro Club Member

Drives: 17 Hyper Blue Metallic KLR-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneBoy View Post
You're not obligated to purchase it. You lose your $1k deposit, and the dealer sells it to someone else. So you can walk, but your pockets will be a little lighter...
If a dealer wants a non refundable deposit. Walk. There is always another dealer.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:09 PM   #19
Ian SS

Drives: 2016 1SS, 2017 JKU Wrangler
The deposits I take are always refundable. If the customer backs out of the deal, oh well, not like the dealer won't sell it anyway.

And if you guys think having the first deposit on a zl1 at your dealer means they aren't going to order a single zl1 until YOURS can be built, you are sadly mistaken. If the vehicle you want is on constraint you WILL get leapfrogged by orders than can be built. But if the dealer has enough allocations that they can place multiple orders, I'm sure you'll be fine.

2018 Ram Rebel 4x4 5.7
Ian SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 12:23 PM   #20
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Drives: '69 RS Pro Street
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_1ss View Post
The deposits I take are always refundable. If the customer backs out of the deal, oh well, not like the dealer won't sell it anyway.

And if you guys think having the first deposit on a zl1 at your dealer means they aren't going to order a single zl1 until YOURS can be built, you are sadly mistaken. If the vehicle you want is on constraint you WILL get leapfrogged by orders than can be built. But if the dealer has enough allocations that they can place multiple orders, I'm sure you'll be fine.
Yep I know manual orders will definitely be filled well before mine can be feasibly built. Having more allocations several months down the line however is still up for debate however. I can only hope that as production ramps up that more allocations will be available for everyone.
Heavymetal454 is offline   Reply With Quote