Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-10-2017, 03:56 PM   #1
Benfica

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2ss
New 2ss owner, stripes question.

Glad to be apart of the 6gen family...loving this car, it's definitely a head turner lol. It's my first time having a car with vinyl stripes (was never a fan) but love the way it looks on the 6 Gen but my question is what products are you guys using to clean/protect the stripes..did some searching but ended up more confused then ever, all help is greatly appreciated thanks again.

Added a few pics of the day I picked her up we were about to get hit with a snow storm but got her home and in the garage min before it started
Attached Images

Last edited by Benfica; 04-10-2017 at 06:40 PM.
Benfica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 04:31 PM   #2
gw6211

Drives: 2016 2SS
you wont be able to clean that, that roof is scratched up, get your car flipped over and then we can look at the damage and provide suggestions. 2017, www.icantfigureoutmyphone,com

gw6211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 04:36 PM   #3
Benfica

Lol no idea why it came out upside down on here...don't know how to fix it either lol
Old 04-10-2017, 05:08 PM   #4
gdgraph

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
An easy fix is to right click the picture on this page, "save as" (save to desktop). Right click on the picture on your desktop and click edit, it should open in paint. If not open it in paint. Under Image there's an option to rotate. Save it and then go to your original post and click edit, delete the old attachment, upload the new one you just rotated.
gdgraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 05:12 PM   #5
gdgraph

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Back to your original question, I don't have vinyl on mine, but I've had it on a previous car, I just waxed it when I waxed the rest of the car, just don't use an orbital on the vinyl or near it because it can come up. It can make washing/waxing a pain but it does look sharp!

Another option is to use a sealant instead of a wax since it's easier to apply (no buffing), I use rejeX. I'd just put it right over the hood on everything so it seals and protects everything!

Sick looking grill btw! I'd get a STO-N-SHO so you can show more of it off and it's removable when you go to take pics.
gdgraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 05:15 PM   #6
jwdominick
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 50th 2SS
fixed it for ya
Attached Images

jwdominick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 05:21 PM   #7
Benfica

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdgraph View Post
Back to your original question, I don't have vinyl on mine, but I've had it on a previous car, I just waxed it when I waxed the rest of the car, just don't use an orbital on the vinyl or near it because it can come up. It can make washing/waxing a pain but it does look sharp!

Another option is to use a sealant instead of a wax since it's easier to apply (no buffing), I use rejeX. I'd just put it right over the hood on everything so it seals and protects everything!

Sick looking grill btw! I'd get a STO-N-SHO so you can show more of it off and it's removable when you go to take pics.
Thanks man I appreciate the help, I'm on my phone that's why I just can't seem to fix the picture...once I get home on pc I'll fix it up. I'll look into rejex thanks. The most annoying thing is it had swirl marks on the stripes the day I picked it up. Will definitely look into getting the sto-n-sho in the near future
Old 04-10-2017, 05:25 PM   #8
Benfica

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdominick View Post
fixed it for ya
thanks man
Old 04-10-2017, 05:28 PM   #9
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
This is my second Camaro with vinyl stripes and I just use the same products I use on the rest of the car. I don't do anything too complicated though. I use stuff like Duroglass rinseless, Adams detail spray and wax - simple stuff like that. I've not ventured into ceramic coating or the like. I also don't use any type of power equipment that might grab a stripe edge. I've never had any issues with damage or dis-coloring of the stripes.

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)

Last edited by SSDan; 04-10-2017 at 05:49 PM.
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 05:36 PM   #10
MGD

Drives: 16 Camaro SS
If you have swirl marks in the stripes, I would have the dealer replace them. they may had a guy polishing them with a electric polisher. Those marks will never come off.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:45 PM   #11
gw6211

Drives: 2016 2SS
whew, your lucky, roof looks ok, not sure how and i have no idea about the vinyl. sorry but that is a beautiful car.
gw6211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 06:05 PM   #12
Benfica

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDan View Post
This is my second Camaro with vinyl stripes and I just use the same products I use on the rest of the car. I don't do anything too complicated though. I use stuff like Duroglass rinseless, Adams detail spray and wax - simple stuff like that. I've not ventured into ceramic coating or the like. I also don't use any type of power equipment that might grab a stripe edge. I've never had any issues with damage or dis-coloring of the stripes.
Thanks man will look into them
Old 04-10-2017, 06:09 PM   #13
Benfica

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGD View Post
If you have swirl marks in the stripes, I would have the dealer replace them. they may had a guy polishing them with a electric polisher. Those marks will never come off.
they aren't bad but I know they are there, really want to try and visit the dealer as least as possible don't want to bring it in for for one problem and walk out with two lol ( sounds stupid I know but just really picky about who's handling my car)
Old 04-10-2017, 06:10 PM   #14
Benfica

Quote:
Originally Posted by gw6211 View Post
whew, your lucky, roof looks ok, not sure how and i have no idea about the vinyl. sorry but that is a beautiful car.
Thanks man