Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-13-2016, 01:28 PM   #15
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
I actually just tested this app that in conjunction with a bluetooth OBDII plug-in will tell you your horsepower while driving. You can do a before and after comparison to see what you're actually getting (or losing). I wrote something about it in the bolt on section if you're interested.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 07:34 AM   #16
Imapayne

Drives: 2016 Camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
The intake manifold doesn't do anything without a tune. Even with a tune, you're only netting a few horsepower. Your car will settle down after the CAI install once it learns to adjust. Again, looking at HP per dollar, not a great value. All this money could've gone into your forced induction savings pot. I know it's hard to resist, but it all adds up. You've already broken warranty so you might as well cut your loss now, sell this stuff and get a blower. Trust me when I tell you, you wake up to Christmas morning every single day you step into that car. It's night and day and I didn't even go crazy with mine. I know you're not going to listen to me and buy a ported throttle body next, but hey I had to try lol

A blower sounds good but im not fixing to drop 8k into this car im happy with the way it is nothing major but their is a hug difference in this setup over my stock one
Imapayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 07:52 AM   #17
Imapayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by davet435 View Post
I've heard the intake doesn't do much after the car adjusts for it, I actually got it more for the looks. Red and black under the hood. True there are a lot of variables when racing.
Same here did you modify the camaro plate to go back on or did you just leave them off
Old 07-18-2016, 08:01 PM   #18
Imapayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
Agreed. Having modded cars before, bolt ons will only get you so far and you probably won't even be able to tell much difference by seat of pants. You will need a dyno and track times to measure the difference. I say the same thing, if you want really want more power just bolt on a supercharger and call it a day.

If i had 8k+ i would
Old 07-18-2016, 11:30 PM   #19
JoeAyalaM
Account Suspended

Drives: Audi S6 V8TT, Volvos XC60 & S60R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imapayne View Post
Just got this put on let it made a huge difference in the take off and also sounds should have dyno Specs next week after getting the intake manifold put on even though people told me not to buy it i look at is as anything will help even though its a 1000 part
What brand intake is It?

Last edited by JoeAyalaM; 07-18-2016 at 11:42 PM.
JoeAyalaM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cold air induction, msd 2700