Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 08:37 PM   #1009
07-SRT

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Cap locks much?

With all due respect...I think Tob's reply was tongue-in-cheek...having as much fun as you were....
yeah, I didn't take his reply as face value and the caps were intentional.... I will stop now..... meant no harm...

2015 Camaro 2SS

Cam/Heads/FBO 498/447 SAE
Old 11-20-2011, 08:38 PM   #1010
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Old 11-20-2011, 09:24 PM   #1011
SRT8Tech
2013 Super Bee

Drives: 2013 Super Bee
CAPS ARE COOOOOOOOOOLLL!!!!!
2011 392 Challenger.........................SOLD
2012 mid 10 second 1/4 mile GT500.... SOLD

Current ride 100% stock 2013 Plum SuperBee............best of 12.407 @ 114.28 for now.

Tune, CAI and Drag radials. Best of 12.00 @ 115.74
Old 11-20-2011, 09:32 PM   #1012
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green M6
You Mopar guys are wrapped kind of tight.

Lighten up....right after you learn how to spell.
RPM Level 7 4L80e + Coan Converter
Hendrix 9" Rear Axle + 3.50 Gear
ARH 2" LTs+3.5" Exhaust
Fore Fuel System, Bogarts + Hoosier Slicks
Pfadt Drag Pack Suspension
My Build Thread | Best Pass To Date
Old 11-20-2011, 09:54 PM   #1013
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRooster View Post
I think the problem lies with the lack of reciprocity here. Apparently you can defend your brand here(and bash mine) but I can't do either in kind.

I'd love to sit here and have a friendly debate with you guys because this seems like a decent website, but if I can't post anything the slightest bit critical of the beloved Camaro without it getting deleted and me getting banned, well, whatever. I've been on a lot of websites for many different brands of cars and I don't think I've ever seen one that was censored to the extent that the moderators will openly admit it.

I'm really not seeking to be a troll here, it just seems some here want to have a one sided debate and if that's the case, so be it.
1. Never said bashing of any sort was allowed.

2. Plenty critical of the Camaro is posted here. I'm confused where you're pulling the assumption that you can't...

3. We never admitted censorship, because that's not the case. We have stated, however, that we are a Camaro enthusiast website. Do you disagree? And as a Camaro enthusiast website, we have our obligations and priorities aligned to our Camaro enthusiasts.

Seeing that you've only recently registered, I want to emphasize that we welcome a healthy debate and even heated conversations! But it's important that you realize we're working to protect the integrity of this website. To do that we have the interests of the Camaro community at heart, not necessarily those of any other brand-enthusiast.

If you would like to elaborate on your concerns - I invite you to send me a Private Message, so as to prevent further derailing of this thread.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:05 AM   #1014
ClevelandPlasma

Drives: 2010 Ford Raptor
I used to be a chevy guy and did not like anything else. Ford released the Raptor, sorry but what an AWSOME truck !! I have no problem buying a mustang, however...... I think in 2014 or 2015 I will pick up a used stock ford mustand for $40K and try it out

I did buy a loaded SS/RS Green 2011 for $34K. With 20K of mods from Lingenfelter I could not imagine the ZL1 or mustand being better in any test......lingenfelter does warranty there work too for 3 year/36,000 miles

Anyone going to buy the mustang?

Old 11-21-2011, 01:17 AM   #1015
ClevelandPlasma

Drives: 2010 Ford Raptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
Chevy and Ford did something similar in the late 90's, I don't think there was a real winner (just the fans)... You have to "like" the FB page to see the link, Ford is asking how "their fans" would respond... It is mostly fan nonsense after that though.. it is Facebook... I personally would pay $30-$60 dollars for a Pay-Per-View right now... If I had to wait until spring, I would probably pay more...
Alright so I "liked" ford mustand on facebook and I do not see what anyone is talking about here?
Old 11-21-2011, 01:29 AM   #1016
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I'm not "liking" crap just to see what the stink is about... But I tell ya this, I'd pay to watch the race too!
Old 11-21-2011, 02:01 AM   #1017
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandPlasma View Post
I used to be a chevy guy and did not like anything else. Ford released the Raptor, sorry but what an AWSOME truck !! I have no problem buying a mustang, however...... I think in 2014 or 2015 I will pick up a used stock ford mustand for $40K and try it out

I did buy a loaded SS/RS Green 2011 for $34K. With 20K of mods from Lingenfelter I could not imagine the ZL1 or mustand being better in any test......lingenfelter does warranty there work too for 3 year/36,000 miles

Anyone going to buy the mustang?
Why are there dish/directv decals on your vette?
I fail,,,I loose,,,I will admit ,,I will not deny. Your mustang is unquestionably the best and fastest thing on god given earth. ,,,,,,please,it hurts me when you say the deny and fail thing. ONE MORE TIME,,,,I HAVE FAILED,,,,,I DRIVE A BIG FAT SLOW LS3 CAMARO THAT WILL NEVER,NEVER,NEVER IN ANY WAY OUT RUN A MUSTANG. AND MY CAMARO IS VERY UGLY !! YOU ARE SO LUCKY AND FORTUNATE TO HAVE THAT COYOTE.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:52 AM   #1018
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_Username View Post
Why are there dish/directv decals on your vette?
I was going to ask the same thing. . . that's like having Coke and Pepsi advertisements on the same billboard
Old 11-21-2011, 05:24 AM   #1019
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Maro Demon View Post
Hate to burst your bubble Pill BUT I frequent the official Camaro page on Facebook all the time and I NEVER see much of what you are talking about on there. All I ever see is pictures of Camaro owners cars from every generation of Camaro and people saying they want one so bad which translates better into future sales. I even saw a Mustang guy say on there the other day that he is a Mustang fan but these new Camaros are the hot ticket right now LOL. And the Transformer excuse is pathetic the Camaro outsells it because it looks better than the Current Mustang whether you or anyone else wants to admit it or not. When a newer car comes out its almost guaranteed to outsell its competition the Mustang will have this advantage in a couple years BUT I dont see the Mustangs advantage lasting very long.
Here is the last two posts from the Mustang Facebook page within 30 minutes. Maybe the Camaro page doesn't have this, I don't know. FYI, Dulce Candy means sweet candy and Nimerly (the grudge girl look-a-like) literally ask us if we like the GT500 everyday. Just a quick example...

Bumblebee was a great advertisement, with the exception of the last two movies... but the first Bumblebee was awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandPlasma View Post
Alright so I "liked" ford mustand on facebook and I do not see what anyone is talking about here?
It is under the "Ford Mustang" wall post, don't look under "Everyone (Most Recent).

Anyway, enough with the Facebook garbage... It should not be used as a unit of measurement.
Attached Images

Old 11-21-2011, 05:58 AM   #1020
07-SRT

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post
You Mopar guys are wrapped kind of tight.

Lighten up....right after you learn how to spell.
k.. guing to picked uped hokked on fonics twoday

2015 Camaro 2SS

Cam/Heads/FBO 498/447 SAE
Old 11-21-2011, 06:04 AM   #1021
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
It looks like the Bilstein's are a modified version of the 5165 Series, they use a large external reservoir. Anyone who knows anything about racing knows that is very serious hardware for a stock vehicle.

The #14 Phoenix Bilstein Audi R8 and the #15 Phoenix Bilstein Audi R8 had a great run this year (and last) at the 24 hours at Nurburgring. They finished 3rd and 4th overall... While that may not sound very impressive, the fact that these cars were indeed GT3 class cars that finished 1st (same as 2010) and 2nd in their class and still managed a podium finish against GT1 and GT2 cars is. What ties these two cars to the GT500? The modified Bilstein 5165 type external reservoir shocks they both use. No wonder R&T wanted to turn sport mod off....

from last year... Ferrari, BMW, Audi and Porsche.
http://www.bilsteinus.com/news-event...-the-ring.html
Quote:
The road-legal Porsche 997 GT3 RS with the start number 11 was equipped for the first time with the series-produced, electronically adjustable BILSTEIN DampTronic® suspension (PASM).
Edit: I am not even sure if the GTR uses the ADS stage 4 DampTronic suspension, can anyone confirm if the GTR uses an external reservoir or not?

Nevermind, they use Nissan designed ACD II stage 2 DampTronic Bilstein coilovers... would be nice to see those on some control blade in '14.

Edit #2: Confirmed, the GT500 at the LA auto show was a cleaned up test mule (Boss and GT as well). I guess we have to wait for months for the full details.

Last edited by thePill; 11-21-2011 at 07:40 AM.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:29 AM   #1022
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRooster View Post
I think the problem lies with the lack of reciprocity here. Apparently you can defend your brand here(and bash mine) but I can't do either in kind.

I'd love to sit here and have a friendly debate with you guys because this seems like a decent website, but if I can't post anything the slightest bit critical of the beloved Camaro without it getting deleted and me getting banned, well, whatever. I've been on a lot of websites for many different brands of cars and I don't think I've ever seen one that was censored to the extent that the moderators will openly admit it.

I'm really not seeking to be a troll here, it just seems some here want to have a one sided debate and if that's the case, so be it.
Apparently the Ford guys are wrapped too tight too...and a little bit sissyish too. If you look around you will clearly see that critical discussion is allowed...but outright bashing isn't.

It's really not that hard to figure out.
RPM Level 7 4L80e + Coan Converter
Hendrix 9" Rear Axle + 3.50 Gear
ARH 2" LTs+3.5" Exhaust
Fore Fuel System, Bogarts + Hoosier Slicks
Pfadt Drag Pack Suspension
My Build Thread | Best Pass To Date

Closed Thread