Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-11-2014, 05:35 PM   #1
BlackoutLFX

Drives: 2012, Black 2LS
I think this is an LLT.

444 at the crank 8500 rpm redline... yes 8500. 10.47? That is a small car but that is pretty darn quick. Is this an LLT?
Nytrex 100 hp nitrous triple threat system, NytrexAccu-pressure bottle heater, HP tuners, K&N Typhoon CAI, MACE 6mm MI, Solo Performance high flow cats, Flowmaster American Thunder cat back exhaust system, BMR subframe connectors, BMR tunnel brace, BMR lowering springs, BMR Xtreme Anti-roll bar rear, Hotchkins Strut brace, SS/LS3 3.45 LSD, Axles, and hubs, Elite Engineering catch can, B&M Supercooler transmission cooler, FTI 3200 Stall.
BlackoutLFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:17 PM   #2
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
LY7
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:45 PM   #3
Stratos

Drives: Corse Stratos
If that is what you can do without Di - What can be done with it!
The engine above is tuned with a motec ecu. I spoke with cosworth racing about a pectel ecu for the LLT and they basicly said that I could not afford it, without saying any numbers!!!

I forgot - They also do not have anyone in the USA with the ability to tune a DI anyway. (may be one of their F1 guys back in the UK maybe?)

Last edited by Stratos; 02-11-2014 at 10:35 PM.
Stratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:01 AM   #4
BlackoutLFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
If that is what you can do without Di - What can be done with it!
The engine above is tuned with a motec ecu. I spoke with cosworth racing about a pectel ecu for the LLT and they basicly said that I could not afford it, without saying any numbers!!!

I forgot - They also do not have anyone in the USA with the ability to tune a DI anyway. (may be one of their F1 guys back in the UK maybe?)
I think when hp tuners comes out for the llt we will see things like this. These numbers should be way easier with with the llt and lfx.
Nytrex 100 hp nitrous triple threat system, NytrexAccu-pressure bottle heater, HP tuners, K&N Typhoon CAI, MACE 6mm MI, Solo Performance high flow cats, Flowmaster American Thunder cat back exhaust system, BMR subframe connectors, BMR tunnel brace, BMR lowering springs, BMR Xtreme Anti-roll bar rear, Hotchkins Strut brace, SS/LS3 3.45 LSD, Axles, and hubs, Elite Engineering catch can, B&M Supercooler transmission cooler, FTI 3200 Stall.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:52 PM   #5
c_cook94

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow 1LT
For some reason I just don't see that happening. I could be wrong.
c_cook94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 06:57 PM   #6
BlackoutLFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_cook94 View Post
see what happening?
Old 02-12-2014, 08:30 PM   #7
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
With enough money and backing anything is possible. Though tuning the VVT and DI will make it difficult and more expensive. But saying people aren't going to turn an LLT into a full blown racing engine is unlikely. I'm sure they already have in that place down under.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:09 PM   #8
c_cook94

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackoutLFX View Post
see what happening?
Seeing numbers like this out of our LLT's
Old 02-13-2014, 09:11 PM   #9
c_cook94

Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
With enough money and backing anything is possible. Though tuning the VVT and DI will make it difficult and more expensive. But saying people aren't going to turn an LLT into a full blown racing engine is unlikely. I'm sure they already have in that place down under.
Yes anything is possible with enough money. It's just not a big enough market.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:13 PM   #10
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Yes anything is possible with enough money. It's just not a big enough market.
Indeed, I imagine what we see above is itself a very small market of racers with more money than most of us lol.

Quote:
I think when hp tuners comes out for the llt we will see things like this. These numbers should be way easier with with the llt and lfx.
To be realistic, something like over here just aint happening. No ones gonna get behind that, there's not enough market for it. There's a much bigger following behind the aloytec engines in Australia. Second, these are full blown racing engines. I build my own racing engines, the average joe cannot make their LLT crank something like that and afford it. If you think HP tuners alone is enough, sorry charlie. That's just how it is.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:36 AM   #11
BlackoutLFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
Indeed, I imagine what we see above is itself a very small market of racers with more money than most of us lol.

To be realistic, something like over here just ain't happening. No ones gonna get behind that, there's not enough market for it. There's a much bigger following behind the alloytec engines in Australia. Second, these are full blown racing engines. I build my own racing engines, the average joe cannot make their LLT crank something like that and afford it. If you think HP tuners alone is enough, sorry charlie. That's just how it is.
I don't think hp tuners is enough, but it paves the way for computer tuning, which paves the way for hard part tuning. My lfx is already 323 at the crank from the factory. I am hoping to be atleast 300rwhp with the cam install. WIth cams and a 100 shot I should be very close to high 11's in a HEAVY car. Not NA but but pretty nice for some bolt ons, cams and a tune.

Last edited by BlackoutLFX; 02-14-2014 at 07:47 AM.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:06 AM   #12
nak3dsnake

Quote:
I don't think hp tuners is enough, but it paves the way for computer tuning, which paves the way for hard part tuning. My lfx is already 323 at the crank from the factory. I am hoping to be atleast 300rwhp with the cam install. WIth cams and a 100 shot I should be very close to high 11's in a HEAVY car. Not NA but but pretty nice for some bolt ons, cams and a tune.
Yeah it is, I'm just looking at it realistically. In the Sprint Car series I run on pavement, we're limited to GM's 305 of the 80's and 90's. Were making about 500hp and 480ft/lb at the crank on pure methanol. Reason I bring that up is at the same time its very much possible to do that to an LLT. The 305 is notorious for being a lame duck in the performance category. Something that people tend to look over. I would love to see an LLT built the same.

Speaking of cams, how are those bad boys coming? I was following the threads but people were hitting a wall with the tuning. I assume they've made more progress?
Old 02-14-2014, 10:30 AM   #13
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Remember the camaro isn't the only car that used the LLT. The market isn't as small as you think.
HPT wouldn't be doing this just for camaro.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:45 AM   #14
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
Remember the camaro isn't the only car that used the LLT. The market isn't as small as you think.
HPT wouldn't be doing this just for camaro.
I am aware of how many vehicles use the LLT, GM sticks it in just about everything that they can. What makes it a small market is the lack of aftermarket parts being made for it. There would be many more if there was. I can go anywhere and buy an entire rotating assembly for anything from a gen one to an LS engine. I can buy cams, heads, exhaust etc. for anything I would want to do. You can't do that for an LLT, an engine that's been around since 2006. We are just now getting to the point where we can tune and install a set of cams properly. Lack of parts means lack of interest, that is a small market.