Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 09-29-2014, 01:03 PM   #99
ford20

Drives: Boss 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
Not according to their "BONE STOCK" narrative...or their "missing" add-change-delete "LIST"...

Ford Racing has a position for you...just call Jesse and he'll hook you up...
Where is this "bone stock" narrative? By the way, great way to take something out of context. I think you would make a decent writer for one of those spin news centers. You LOWDOWN have lied in your post. Let's see if you can quote that without changing it. You lost even more credibility by using my post and then mis quoting and taking things out of context. I feel bad for you wasting all this time trying to discredit Ford or Ford Racing or this video. I mean does this really impact you that much in real life where you feel the need to devote this much time to the topic?

I would love to work at Ford Racing. Think of all the cool shit you would get to be a part of. Whether it is working on the GT350 race programs with Multi-Matic, the Cobra Jet Program, the Baja Programs with the Raptors and now the EcoBoost trucks, the rally programs, the engine building programs, the performance part design and testing programs. All and all I think it would be a pretty cool job. Hell, I think working at SRT or the GM Performance Parts division would be a hella cool job to have regardless of where my "allegiance" lies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 View Post
Also its pretty much on par with what mist stock gt's run also not just the camaro. Not saying you are one but I think its funny how the "mustang" guys are comparing the eco boost to the ss and leaving out the fact that its also a tenth or two behind the gt. To me tha puts them all in the same ballpark.

I'm sure it will run those time without the chassis mods assuming wheel hop isn't a issue. So factor in that and the cost difference of the awd cars you referenced and I would say that's impressive.
No doubt at all! In all honesty I think once real tuners get their hands on these 2.3 EcoBoost cars they will be on par with, if not very close behind the 5.0s and the SS. The 2.3 is just a stroked 2.0 and the Focus ST guys are gaining some pretty nice numbers with just a tune. I think that it is going to be a nice platform to mod if you can get past the fuel issues and hopefully the C7 guys will help forge that frontier.
Old 09-29-2014, 02:01 PM   #100
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Ford just needs to be more detailed, if you are goin to make a video break everything down that you did.

It is misinformation at the end of the day.. Someone sends you a video of a few mods to get your Camaro running certain times, but they dont care to explain to you the other steps to get it to those times after they have sold you their performance package.... pretty dumb IMO.

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:04 PM   #101
tooslow
Banned

Drives: 4 Wheels, Gasoline Engine
Wow, there is quite the drama in this thread! I have been participating in message boards for many years and on many different forums, and on every site there are a few individuals who want to proclaim themselves the “defenders of the faith”, with the “faith” being whatever vehicle/manufacturer that those individuals are passionate about. In my experience, these modern-day crusaders feel it is their solemn duty to ensure that they take every available opportunity to stand up their favorite brand and disparage any other make model that it might compete with.

When information is disseminated that does not fit the narrative they are looking to convey, they seek to create doubt by making assertions to the contrary, many times embellishing their commentary with raw conjecture or putting forth a straw-man argument that supports their viewpoint. If information is reported that is favorable to their particular brand/model, they also take every available opportunity to ensure whatever brand/make/model is aware of those positive comments in a manner that is not intended to celebrate the vehicle in question for its accomplishments, but to use that data to put whatever vehicle they feel is competition at that time in a bad light.

I don’t know who LOWDOWN is in real life, but I am positive he/she is not thePill. That being said, it does not take a psychology expert to understand what is going on with him/her. LOWDOWN, in my unprofessional opinion, is one of those people who just cannot stand the fact that the Camaro was a response to a certain other model, and that in the minds of America (and might argue the world) it will always be that “other” ponycar. In his mind, it is ludicrous that despite the Camaro’s better performance several times throughout its production history versus its direct competitor, the other car still gets first billing when it comes to cars that have changed the marketplace or hold a significant place in pop culture history.

Therefore, LOWDOWN’s posts and general commentary are a one-man effort to try and change that by whatever means he/she feels will best accomplish the goal of reducing the other cars historical hold on the hearts and minds of motorsports enthusiasts.

At the end of the day, absolutely nothing LOWDOWN rants on about is going to have any effect on whether or not someone buys a Mustang or any other Ford vehicle. Accusing one manufacturer of “cooking the books” to gain a competitive marketing advantage while suggesting that their own favorite brand is somehow above doing the same thing either makes that person naïve or simply a hypocrite. The automotive industry is a cut-throat business. Always has been, likely always will be.
tooslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:57 PM   #102
chain777

Drives: Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford20 View Post
Mislead me? I think you just a wee bit mad that EcoBoost that is setup for drag racing is running very similar times to what the majority of stock SS's (or is it SS) run. Although you lost entire credibility to me for not know what a SRA looks like in comparison to an IRS not to mention not knowing that Ford Racing is to Ford what GM Performance Parts is to General Motors.

Or in your words:

Ford Racing is using a HIGHLY OPTIMIZED 4 cylinder Mustang to run times that are fairly quick but I am grasping at straws to come up with ways to discredit the video because I am lying to you in my posts.
Maybe everyone should start replying to lowdowns posts in his "unique" style. It makes the argument much more persuasive and credible!!!

But seriously, if you have to resort to using bold and colorful fonts, along with condescending made up words, you obviously have weak argument to begin with. It reeks of desperation and really makes you look foolish.
chain777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 04:17 PM   #103
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford20 View Post
Where is this "bone stock" narrative?
Press "Play". Fast-forward to 2:58. Listen for 3 seconds. Tell me what the man says?

Quote:
You lost even more credibility by using my post and then mis quoting .
Sorry, 20. EVERY WORD I quoted under your name, YOU SAID...

Apology accepted. That was nice of you to man-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c5Legend View Post
Ford just needs to be more detailed, if you are goin to make a video break everything down that you did.

It is misinformation at the end of the day.. Someone sends you a video of a few mods to get your Camaro running certain times, but they dont care to explain to you the other steps to get it to those times after they have sold you their performance package.... pretty dumb IMO
Just wait for the HATE to start for you. But thanks for being able to see the FOREST and the TREES.
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 04:23 PM   #104
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Quote:
Originally Posted by chain777 View Post
Maybe everyone should start replying to lowdowns posts in his "unique" style. It makes the argument much more persuasive and credible!!!

But seriously, if you have to resort to using bold and colorful fonts, along with condescending made up words, you obviously have weak argument to begin with. It reeks of desperation and really makes you look foolish.
There's been a propensity of severe macular degeneration, deafness and hurt feelings disguised as outrage throughout this thread. My brightening and bolding certain words - passages was simply my attempt to allow those afflicted to CLEARLY UNDERSTAND what they were AND were not seeing/hearing...

Apparently those afflictions are more severe than even I thought them to be...
Old 09-29-2014, 04:34 PM   #105
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooslow View Post
Wow, there is quite the drama in this thread! I have been participating in message boards for many years and on many different forums,

it does not take a psychology expert to understand what is going on
What psychology was in play, lady, when you intentionally, but unsuccessfully, horned in on the HouZe's 10,000 post? Intended to be used to honor a several-tour VETERAN? But NOOOOOOOO. You tried your damnedest to make that 10,000th post YOURS. DIDN'T YOU? And the MODS had to rejig the thread to DELETE YOU, admonish you, and allow a SEVERAL-TOUR VETERAN to receive his lowly camaro5 acknowledgement from his friends, here.

You, lady, are DISGRACEFUL.

Thanks for reminding me of EXACTLY the kind of American YOU are...
Old 09-29-2014, 05:15 PM   #106
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Lets not get into personal attacks, please?
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 05:46 PM   #107
tooslow
Banned

Quote:
What psychology was in play, lady, when you intentionally, but unsuccessfully, horned in on the HouZe's 10,000 post? Intended to be used to honor a several-tour VETERAN? But NOOOOOOOO. You tried your damnedest to make that 10,000th post YOURS. DIDN'T YOU? And the MODS had to rejig the thread to DELETE YOU, admonish you, and allow a SEVERAL-TOUR VETERAN to receive his lowly camaro5 acknowledgement from his friends, here.

Obviously, you know nothing about me and are just blindly lashing out. I, too, am an armed forces veteran, having served 4 years in the US Army. While I never had to serve in combat duty, my father did and his father before him, so to suggest that anything I did on this message board was intended to dishonor any veteran of our armed forces is truly insulting.

I guess my theory about what drives you to make the posts you do on here hit close to home. Why else would my post generate this kind of response?
Old 09-29-2014, 06:01 PM   #108
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooslow View Post
Why else would my post generate this kind of response?
We know PLENTY about you. You love to play the nose-tweaker on several GM-centered sites. Using several different names. "tooslow" happens to be the most apt one you use...

But you DID exactly what I cited, on this Forum...you're NOT denying you butted in where you had NO BUSINESS being, your posts were taken down, you were admonished and THOSE are also FACTS. Would you like me to get a Mod in here to confirm your inexcusable actions? Please say yes...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...48453&page=400

THAT is why the post count for 10,000 is somewhat LESS...YOUR DELETES.

So you need to be insulted with yourself. That's called self-loathing. Something I do NOT suffer from, but you should...
Old 09-29-2014, 06:05 PM   #109
1QwikZ28

Drives: 1999 Camaro Z28
Quote:

wow, you really are a grumpy old man....
1QwikZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 05:50 AM   #110
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
Regardless of the drama, the 2.3 appears to be quite the engine. Does GM have a similiar capability to put in the Camaro
Old 09-30-2014, 06:15 AM   #111
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
To most in this threadName:  image.jpg
Views: 656
Size:  54.6 KB

In all seriousness those kits look expensive. What is up with needing the roll bar? Even the supercharged package won't need it at most tracks. Most tracks interpret the new late model rule as if you have a 2008 and up model and have not messed with any factory safety equipment then your good to go for anything slower than 9.99. Also, I wonder if those suspension parts were even needed since the cars had true slicks. If they were getting wheel hop with slicks then that's not so good. Does anyone know if these cars were a auto or manual? I'm sure a new auto 5.0 with a real tune, LT headers, slicks and skinnies could run that fast with no weight taken out but that's nothing new as the current car can do that. The real question is if this new car is going to be as fast as the current one with bolt ons and how for how much. With the old car if you have a auto all it needed for 11's is a good tune, 15" DR's with skinnies, and off road h-pipe. It didn't need any suspension parts or any of that other crap. The wheels for those cars are super cheap too. If the new car has to use 15" Welds to clear the brakes then your looking at some serious coin for wheels. New 5.0 owners will learn what current SS owners know all too well in regards to things like drag wheel and suspension cost. That why you don't see a lot of really fast bolt on 5th gens. It's cheaper to get some DR's and a cam upgrade than it is to get a full set of Weld wheels and matching tires.

Got to give Ford credit for even having a drag pack kit though. I'm sure this little demonstration was to try and please the minority enthusiast. Basically saying were sorry the new Mustang is not faster than the old one but to show you enthusiast that we have not forgotten you we are offering these upgrades to help in that department.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:19 AM   #112
tooslow
Banned

Quote:
We know PLENTY about you. You love to play the nose-tweaker on several GM-centered sites. Using several different names. "tooslow" happens to be the most apt one you use...

But you DID exactly what I cited, on this Forum...you're NOT denying you butted in where you had NO BUSINESS being, your posts were taken down, you were admonished and THOSE are also FACTS. Would you like me to get a Mod in here to confirm your inexcusable actions? Please say yes...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...48453&page=400

THAT is why the post count for 10,000 is somewhat LESS...YOUR DELETES.

So you need to be insulted with yourself. That's called self-loathing. Something I do NOT suffer from, but you should...
He swings, and misses. Multiple times. This is the ONLY GM-centric site I post on, and this is the only screen name I use on ANY forum I participate on. You also seem to think I reside in the western US, when the fact is I'm located on the opposite side of the country. These, my friend, are FACTS.

As far as butting in where I "had no business", last time I checked the House of Zzzzzzzz was an open forum. If you wanted it to be exclusive to you and a few of your like minded friends, then you should have set it up as an invitation-only forum. Would you like me to get with one of the Mods to make that happen?