Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-11-2013, 04:24 PM   #183
Nightmare2012
come find out;)

Drives: stockish 2012 camaro ss
^^^or drifting in the sand lmfao
Nightmare2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:26 PM   #184
fastvee
Banned

Drives: 2011 CTS-V, 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by litle88 View Post
Soooo to recap you come to our country PAY a shop to get your cars modded then you either fly or drive your vehicles back. So clearly you don't work on your cars and clearly you really just have an idea of what it takes to build something with a good foundation for your end goals. Figures. I'm out fellas lol
Built the camaro myself.

Had the V sent to a shop because it's a huge drag waiting on parts to get here.
fastvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:27 PM   #185
fastvee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare2012 View Post
And just to clarify fast vee i was considering your advice about upgrading my driveshaft before my cam install and as it turns out alot of lethals similar setups to mine are running stock driveshafts, i would take a closer look to what might've caused your breakage.
I broke the differential into pieces. Car was gripping too much it seems and just tore the insides apart.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #186
wood81
Vette Guy

Drives: 2001 Z06
N/A vs Blower is the dumbest argument ever. It all depends on personal preference and what your goals are for the car.

I have had multiple very fast F bodies, Vettes, and GTO's over the years. Some nitrous, one blower car and multiple H/C Na cars.

2 things:
A big HP NA car is NOT going to be as driveable as a blower car on the street. Unless you have a huge displacement motor with a minimal cam.

A boosted car is more expensive to build. Its a trade off and all depends on what you want. Neither one is a "waste of time."
wood81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:28 PM   #187
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by wood81 View Post
N/A vs Blower is the dumbest argument ever. It all depends on personal preference and what your goals are for the car.

I have had multiple very fast F bodies, Vettes, and GTO's over the years. Some nitrous, one blower car and multiple H/C Na cars.

2 things:
A big HP NA car is NOT going to be as driveable as a blower car on the street. Unless you have a huge displacement motor with a minimal cam.

A boosted car is more expensive to build. Its a trade off and all depends on what you want. Neither one is a "waste of time."
read the thread its not about what you think.
the title is a bit off. ( my fault)
the actual argument was over is it a waste to go blower cam and heads etc for max gains or just slam a blower on a stock engine for minimal gains.
530/520 SAE
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:39 PM   #188
wood81
Vette Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonpope2003 View Post
the actual argument was over is it a waste to go blower cam and heads etc for max gains or just slam a blower on a stock engine for minimal gains.
It still kind of depends on what you want to do with the car; I know a few guys who have just slapped a blower on a G8GT, 5th Gen or CTSV1 and called it a day. Very driveable car with a decent amount of power. Not everyone needs H/C and a blower. Some people are content with just a Blower.

Me personally, I have always done what gave me the most useable power.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:41 PM   #189
wood81
Vette Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonpope2003 View Post
Also for the guys ripping on sending the car to a shop; who really cares? Some people don't have time to work on their cars me included. I used to do everything myself but since I got my new job I have no time to do anything. I can relate.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:05 PM   #190
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Quote:
It still kind of depends on what you want to do with the car; I know a few guys who have just slapped a blower on a G8GT, 5th Gen or CTSV1 and called it a day. Very driveable car with a decent amount of power. Not everyone needs H/C and a blower. Some people are content with just a Blower.

Me personally, I have always done what gave me the most useable power.
Same here
I've had both and even a nitrous car as well.
I build to get the most.
Today's cams are not harsh like they used to be.
These guys need to try some old cars with huge cams And then they will say today's cams Are cake in comparison.

And yeh agree on shop.
I don't have the time nor the facility to work on my own cars Anymore.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
530/520 SAE
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:48 AM   #191
Ken_
Tally Ho!

Drives: 13 2SS/RS 6M, 05 Mitsubishi Evo 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by litle88 View Post
Soooo to recap you come to our country PAY a shop to get your cars modded then you either fly or drive your vehicles back. So clearly you don't work on your cars and clearly you really just have an idea of what it takes to build something with a good foundation for your end goals. Figures. I'm out fellas lol
For one, this guy fastvee is not from another country. Maybe another "county" too much bs and vagueness afoot. I agree with you lite88. This guy is full of shit and doesn't even have the things he says he has. He's just hanging out in your local Starbucks and wishing he could get another fix. Yeah I'm a dick. I'm the guy in another country.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:23 AM   #192
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
He is from another country.
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:48 AM   #193
POS Dakota

Drives: GMs and Chryslers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly@PCMofNC View Post
Disagree. If you're close to NC I will be glad to take you for a ride in my 500rwhp (ok, 496 but don't call me out) car that drives like stock.

Now, if you over cam it, or your tuner isn't so hot, hell yes a cammed car is a huge pain in the ass. But these days with the LSx's being so mod-friendly, making a 500rwhp daily driver that doesn't buck you off is no big thing at all.
I second this...I'd be glad to take anyone for a ride in my CARBED (lol yup!) Big cammed iron headed 408 mopar smallblock that clicks off low 11s @ 4000 lbs. It drives great. No plug fouling, no idling issues and it does 1.6 sec 60 foots. The POS Dakota is no piece of shit.

Driveability is all in the COMBO.

Surely no one would just drop an 8000 rpm ls build into a completely stock car and ask it to be nice without the rest of the combo....at least I hope not. Lol
POS Dakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:03 AM   #194
fastvee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_ View Post
For one, this guy fastvee is not from another country. Maybe another "county" too much bs and vagueness afoot. I agree with you lite88. This guy is full of shit and doesn't even have the things he says he has. He's just hanging out in your local Starbucks and wishing he could get another fix. Yeah I'm a dick. I'm the guy in another country.
Wtf is up with all the pretentious shits on this site lately?
Old 03-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #195
wood81
Vette Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_ View Post
He really is from another country and really does have all of the cars he says he does.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:19 PM   #196
marc97taws6

Drives: 2017 2SS A8
Quote:
He really is from another country and really does have all of the cars he says he does.
I think he should post up some pics outside of his hut
marc97taws6 is offline   Reply With Quote