Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

AWE Tuning

Old 04-13-2017, 06:09 PM   #29
Hal16SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Convertible
Yes and Yes

The ride quality, handling, suspension and body integrity were equivalent in coupe and vert in my estimation. Found it hard to maintain awareness of surroundings in the coupe. Everyone who has ridden with me has praised the stable, quiet (top up), firmly planted ride of my 2016 SS convertible. I especially enjoy the dual mode exhaust with top down!
Hal16SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 07:14 PM   #30
jwdominick
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 50th 2SS
I drove the vert and bought the coupe lol. Wanted the vert but found a deal on a loaded fifty I couldn't pass on.
jwdominick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 07:50 AM   #31
TybeeSS

Drives: 2017 2SS Auto
I tested 8 2017 Camaro's including every engine option and a manual and auto V6 and SS. I also tested a hardtop manual SS. I was surprised that every test drive was allowed with no dealer employee alongside
I thought for a moment about buying a hardtop just because the cost is lower but I believe most people purposely look for a convertible. It's my first and I absolutely love it.
TybeeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 09:25 AM   #32
SSSHYBOY

Drives: 2SS convertible, black,black
I live in California... Need I say more? If so, love the vert.
Old 02-17-2018, 08:59 PM   #33
Drsagacity

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray vert
Yep. I drove the coupe, but didn't feel there was enough difference to justify trading for it. The vert...sold.

Admittedly, I have had numerous verts in the past and truthfully, as soon as the weather is nice, nothing compares.
Drsagacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 06:02 PM   #34
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
It's difficult to pick up differences in handling and body flex during a test-ride at a dealer. If you own it, you will drive it, take corners harder, brake, accelerate, at rates that will far exceed what you can do on a test drive. Then the traits start to show their head and over time something that you do not like grows and grows (into what you hate about a car). Chevrolet went to reasonable lengths to make the convertible work well, but not many people have fairly compared it, say driven each for a week in varying conditions and uses.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:25 PM   #35
Drsagacity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
It's difficult to pick up differences in handling and body flex during a test-ride at a dealer. If you own it, you will drive it, take corners harder, brake, accelerate, at rates that will far exceed what you can do on a test drive. Then the traits start to show their head and over time something that you do not like grows and grows (into what you hate about a car). Chevrolet went to reasonable lengths to make the convertible work well, but not many people have fairly compared it, say driven each for a week in varying conditions and uses.
Not sure what there is to compare. I can spend money and make my car crazy fast or make it perform amazing on a track. But, I can always take the top off and that my friend, makes the difference I care about most. Will it be as fast? There is always someone faster. Will it handle as well, for my driving capabilities? Absolutely. Which option will allow top down fun in the summer with wife or kids? No contest.
Old 02-23-2018, 02:22 PM   #36
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Drove the coupe once. Went in because I heard they had a vert Zl1. Just wanted to look at it... it ended up in my garage that night. Told them I'd be back to pick up my other car in a few days.
Attached Images

'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK

Last edited by drfeelgood; 02-23-2018 at 02:35 PM.
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 02:45 PM   #37
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaromike77 View Post
I took the coupe out for a test drive. Never considered the convertible....... I was sold on the coupe the minute I sat in it....And it was the 4-cylinder turbo....Then started to ponder that I have never owned a convertible...nor have I owned a V8 in over 25 years..... The rest is history, and I have never been so happy with a vehicle as I am with this one!
That's quite the change of heart!
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 09:39 PM   #38
On4thCamaro

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS Black
Send a message via AIM to On4thCamaro Send a message via MSN to On4thCamaro Send a message via Yahoo to On4thCamaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberGuyPR View Post
Buying during the winter months blows.
I agree, but you can't beat the pricing. Got mine the Saturday after Thanksgiving and it has been parked since. In Green Bay, that means driving it in something like LATE March (maybe)

2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible
On4thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 12:09 AM   #39
Quester

Drives: 16 2SS Convertable
Late to the tread, but....

2016 2SS vert, GMPP cold air box and a recorded track time of 12.7 @ 111 mph, the vert has the strut tower cross bar under hood and a cross frame X under the sub frame that makes it almost the same stiffness as the coupe. Love my Vert!

Fear the Bow tie!
Quester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 03:38 AM   #40
Tenfive

Drives: 2017 1SS camaro ,2SS a 68 + 08 C6
All in all I drove a few 6th gens 2 hard tops , two verts . And Ill let you in on secret . GM makesengines some with more power than others . My vert stock is as faster then all but 14 of the fastest hardtops . It pulled as good if not harder than the hardtop I drove . Then the earlier hardtop pulled way harder than the 1st vert that I drove and it was beat to hell.
In positive DA in south florida heat mine went 12.14 and still can get in the 11s with better air and prob removing some weight easily on stock tires.

All engines are not built the same and this LT1 drives like a raped ape. Im thinking at least 470-480 hp at the crank minimum.
And I love the no stop drop top. I've had 8 camaros and this is my first vert .
Very happy w it

And besides the hard top had a hard hit on the p side qtr you could see the spot weld seperation and paint repair was substandard so I stuck with my vert it was the right choice .
Tenfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 04:21 PM   #41
Drsagacity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenfive View Post
All in all I drove a few 6th gens 2 hard tops , two verts . And Ill let you in on secret . GM makesengines some with more power than others . My vert stock is as faster then all but 14 of the fastest hardtops . It pulled as good if not harder than the hardtop I drove . Then the earlier hardtop pulled way harder than the 1st vert that I drove and it was beat to hell.
In positive DA in south florida heat mine went 12.14 and still can get in the 11s with better air and prob removing some weight easily on stock tires.

All engines are not built the same and this LT1 drives like a raped ape. Im thinking at least 470-480 hp at the crank minimum.
And I love the no stop drop top. I've had 8 camaros and this is my first vert .
Very happy w it

And besides the hard top had a hard hit on the p side qtr you could see the spot weld seperation and paint repair was substandard so I stuck with my vert it was the right choice .
WhT was your trap speed in the quarter. We can tell you just what kind of power it’s making.

2018 Corvette Z06 vert- Black
To be tuned by JRE Racing
TBD performance
Old 05-29-2018, 05:22 PM   #42
GA Camaro 2SS

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Drove them both. Never had a vert before this one. One ride down the highway with the top up and I was sold. Any vert I have been in before this one sounded like being in a wind tunnel with a trap around your head. Not this baby. Nice and quiet at 1** + compared to any I have been in. Wife was saying look at the vert and I said no thanks. Salesman talked me into a quick test drive and I was sold on the vert. One button down. Quite and snug. I run on some airstrips with friends. I out run everyone in my weight class. The difference in a vert vs coupe in performance is more than made up by the driver. I was racing when I was 14. I can’t touch these 650-700 ZL1 and Vettes these guys have. But the Gts and scat paks can’t touch me. 200 lbs don’t matter to weekend warriors.
GA Camaro 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote