#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 02-18-2018, 08:05 PM   #15
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY 19 Z View Post
How about the guys that enjoy rowing there own gears.
M6
Don't want to offend, no Auto here.
Will it take another 100 HP in a 2 mile stretch?
No one can say accurately what it would require at this point. If you watch the video I linked above, 5th gear hits the rev limiter at 6500ish and the speed is about 175 MPH. Shifting to 6th and the RPM drops to 4200ish and is way too low to continue pulling. To make the engine twist 6th gear with authority, it would probably take several hundred more HP to do so.

I wonder how viable switching the gearing to a ZL1 1LE setup is? This is only if you're ever going to run this car for flat out top speed of course. Just know that if you have a stock or even modded ZL1, your top speed is likely 175ish.

Auto cars will do 200 bone stock. 198 MPH into the wind and 202 MPH with the wind I think were GM's test results.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 08:30 PM   #16
Lyttle66

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Black
To each his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
Speed limited to 175? So, guess that answers the 200 mph question. I personally have ZERO need to go 200 mph. Well, if i was on a strip or wide open plain yea. Doing 130-140 on the streets already puts me on medication. I've hit 155 once back when my Zl1 was new, that was fast enough. But anyhow, I'm a wussie so.
I understand you have ZERO need to go 200, but you hit 155. Is 155 any more legal than 200? I hit 164 and my only issue was that the car was not going fast enough. I lived in Germany for 6 years and driven a little over 170, but the car was maxed out then, so I had to settle. Yeah we shouldn't exceed the speed limit on public roads, but I would like to meet the person who owns a ZL1 and obeys all the posted speed limits. Personally, I am disappointed that the top speed on a 650HP MT sports car is only 175.
Lyttle66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 08:51 PM   #17
MY 19 Z

Drives: 98 S10 LS1

Sorry two much HP, could not see your video
Sounds like a gear change is in order for My Dream to be a reality.
Thanks for the Info!
Are there multiple ratios available for 6th.
Any suggestions?
Vendors?

Thanks, in advance
MY 19 Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:01 PM   #18
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyttle66 View Post
I understand you have ZERO need to go 200, but you hit 155. Is 155 any more legal than 200? I hit 164 and my only issue was that the car was not going fast enough. I lived in Germany for 6 years and driven a little over 170, but the car was maxed out then, so I had to settle. Yeah we shouldn't exceed the speed limit on public roads, but I would like to meet the person who owns a ZL1 and obeys all the posted speed limits. Personally, I am disappointed that the top speed on a 650HP MT sports car is only 175.
My point had nothing to do with if 200 was more illegal than 155. Just saying for me, 155 on the streets of Houston is more intense than going 200 on a strip somewhere. Knowing some ass hat can pull out in front of me at any time keeps me on meds.

I have the A10, so who knows how fast it can actually go.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:03 PM   #19
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Quote:
My point had nothing to do with if 200 was more illegal than 155. Just saying for me, 155 on the streets of Houston is more intense than going 200 on a strip somewhere. Knowing some ass hat can pull out in front of me at any time keeps me on meds.

I have the A10, so who knows how fast it can actually go.
Oh your car with 740 wheel and the A10 should sprint to 180+ and will definitely do north of 200 if you had adequate room.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:13 PM   #20
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Oh your car with 740 wheel and the A10 should sprint to 180+ and will definitely do north of 200 if you had adequate room.
Yea, well even 180 is balls fast for the streets. haha. To me there is no point in hitting those speeds in the middle of nowhere. Takes all the fun out. No adrenaline is involved.

I posted a video up, but they removed it cus I guess they considered it street racing when I wasn't even racing. I was just showing a 20-120 pull. Steering wheel left, right, left, right.........off throttle, on throttle, holy shit, wtf. Yea, those moments. Good times. Can't imagine when we cam this bich. I told Matt, dude, 800 hp is prob too much on street tires.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:16 PM   #21
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Quote:
Yea, well even 180 is balls fast for the streets. haha. To me there is no point in hitting those speeds in the middle of nowhere. Takes all the fun out. No adrenaline is involved.

I posted a video up, but they removed it cus I guess they considered it street racing when I wasn't even racing. I was just showing a 20-120 pull. Steering wheel left, right, left, right.........off throttle, on throttle, holy shit, wtf. Yea, those moments. Good times. Can't imagine when we cam this bich. I told Matt, dude, 800 hp is prob too much on street tires.
Stop screwing around with the currency market and order up a set of real tires! Lol, jk but no seriously, at your power level, the stock tires are going to be useless and so will most tires. Your best option is either a R888R if you want to maintain the handling and gain some lateral traction or go drag radial and lose the handling but gain more lateral traction, or you can go with a 17" or 18" rear and put a slick/serious radial on it that might just dead hook after first.
Old 02-18-2018, 11:49 PM   #22
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Stop screwing around with the currency market and order up a set of real tires! Lol, jk but no seriously, at your power level, the stock tires are going to be useless and so will most tires. Your best option is either a R888R if you want to maintain the handling and gain some lateral traction or go drag radial and lose the handling but gain more lateral traction, or you can go with a 17" or 18" rear and put a slick/serious radial on it that might just dead hook after first.
I pulled my $ out. No more day trading. Working on my own ICO actually. Bout to do a private round for $5 million. EBSC Token. I ended up selling half of my business to an equity firm that specialized in ICO's so. Hopefully, this time end of '18, I'll be the rightful owner of 500 million tokens. But, as they say. I'll believe it when I see it.

White Paper is finished tho. Just finished it up over the past week. Once we are close to doing our private funding, I'll let you know so you can get in on it.

Yea, I know I'm going to need some R888R's. 315's too. It's my daily so. I'm not into it so serious where i need a set of DR's, but I'm getting close to where I'm going to have to have a set. Of course, every time I go to the shop, I buy more shit so. I already have the cam install scheduled and I just ordered some thermal reduction plates to help with the heat. I'll prob end up ordering those Weapon X heat exchangers next. I told myself I was done.
Old 02-19-2018, 07:44 AM   #23
Gen6 softtop

Drives: Hyper blue 1ss convertible 6 sp
This made me curious, I was surprised it doesn't run that fast! Just googled the 2014 mustang Shelby 500. It has similar power ratings also a manual achieved 200 in fifth gear also. The article stated it was able to achieve such a high top speed from the final drive ratio which is 3.31 with the high torque out put made this possible. So would assume if you regear it you should be good to go. Your 0-60 might take a slight hit that car was quoted at 4 secs food for thought.
Gen6 softtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:24 AM   #24
762CAT

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat
Go here …..https://jbprovinggrounds.com/pages/a...ssions.....and find out. I've been waiting for a ZL1 owner to bring one. So far no dice. Multiple Hellcats over 200mph bone stock over multiple runs, in varying conditions. A friend even a hot lapped back to back 201mph runs in a Charger Hellcat and did 205 mph with 5 people in the car on another day. That same day the World record stock Charger hellcat run was set at 212mph. That record car did 202 and change without the tailwind. Also the same place the Demon did 209 recently (internet video everywhere of the 203 run).

These are all standing 2.3 mile runs which with 707hp is about how far it takes. In the standing 2 mile we were hitting 195-196 in stock Cats before he stretched it out to 2.3. Stock A10 ZL1 in good conditions should be able to do it…certainly with a tailwind. Down on power a bit so I'd be curious to see if 2.3 miles is enough for it. One way to find out…..come play.
762CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:08 PM   #25
MY 19 Z

Thanks for the link!
Had no idea it existed!
Sounds like a good road Trip!
Old 02-19-2018, 01:55 PM   #26
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
If a showroom M6 ZL1 max speed is 175ish based on power/Aero/gearing limitations......my bet is on it taking at least 200 more HP to get past 200mph. Mother Nature is pretty brutal to push against at those speeds. Stick your hand out the window going 70. Then 100. I’m not sticking my hand out the window faster than that as both hands will be on the wheel lol. A hand is relatively small, But the Camaro is a big car to cut through the air at high speeds. Especially since the ZL1 Grill swallows up a massive amount of air for cooling.

Also, heatsoak is a SERIOUS issue on our cars. Tiny ass blower, cats, etc all start pulling power far earlier than 200mph.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:56 PM   #27
762CAT

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY 19 Z View Post
Thanks for the link!
Had no idea it existed!

No problem. It's an amazing venue with the longest, flattest and widest runway in the world. If you've never been just seeing the Kennedy Space Center is worth the trip alone. Normally limited to about 20 cars and I've seen run groups much smaller. I even AirBnb a condo on the beach with a garage. Can't beat that! Hoping to bring both Hellcats next year. The 850whp Challenger should be deep in the 200s now and the Charger (stock daily)should break 200. Two cars, 200mph +, same day is the new goal. If you want the best weather with good DA Jan/Feb there is the time to go.
762CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 08:17 PM   #28
MY 19 Z

Quote:
762CAT

Quote:

Originally Posted by*MY 19 Z*

Thanks for the link!
Had no idea it existed!

No problem. It's an amazing venue with the longest, flattest and widest runway in the world. If you've never been just seeing the Kennedy Space Center is worth the trip alone. Normally limited to about 20 cars and I've seen run groups much smaller. I even AirBnb a condo on the beach with a garage. Can't beat that! Hoping to bring both Hellcats next year. The 850whp Challenger should be deep in the 200s now and the Charger (stock daily)should break 200. Two cars, 200mph +, same day is the new goal. If you want the best weather with good DA Jan/Feb there is the time to go.
It's a mission!
Looking forward to the trip already! Would much rather be on pavement VS
Salt.
With a little help from Pray (Bret) I'm sure I'll be checking this box off the list!

Thanks for the Info, Damon.