Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 02-18-2018, 12:58 PM   #43
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzsteve View Post
this is assuming the local shop is familiar with this platform. i have seen several "good tuners" produce pure trash, simply because they have no idea how to tune a GM DI engine.
I should have left this alone and I know it... But I've about had it with that piss poor statement it keeps rolling around in my head and with all this recent trash talk back and forth to add this into your post was basically being a dumbass or you had a major lapse in judgement. You can't justify talking trash when you only really specialize in one platform segment openly. I'm not saying you haven't or can't tune a 3.6L V6 or the LS3, L99 or LSA etc. but to claim good tuners don't know GM DI engines simply because they aren't familiar or experienced with the ecotec platform makes you seem like an ass personally speaking. As with all opinions it's my own and I stand by your company and I love your products but this isn't a good direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAZL1 View Post
Its sad you feel that disclaimer is necessary.
He'll always be that way. There's a lot of ZZP Fanboys out there and i'm not knocking them for it. ZZP makes outstanding parts at very affordable prices especially for the quality your getting their tuning is a preference to the buyer plain and simple.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 03:27 PM   #44
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
I should have left this alone and I know it... But I've about had it with that piss poor statement it keeps rolling around in my head and with all this recent trash talk back and forth to add this into your post was basically being a dumbass or you had a major lapse in judgement. You can't justify talking trash when you only really specialize in one platform segment openly. I'm not saying you haven't or can't tune a 3.6L V6 or the LS3, L99 or LSA etc. but to claim good tuners don't know GM DI engines simply because they aren't familiar or experienced with the ecotec platform makes you seem like an ass personally speaking. As with all opinions it's my own and I stand by your company and I love your products but this isn't a good direction.

He'll always be that way. There's a lot of ZZP Fanboys out there and i'm not knocking them for it. ZZP makes outstanding parts at very affordable prices especially for the quality your getting their tuning is a preference to the buyer plain and simple.
You are so off-base with these comments. You are embarrassing yourself with out even knowing it because of your lack of tuning knowledge in general. You don't have a single clue on how to tune these LTG's, or any other platform for that matter. Your ignorance is further amplified by criticizing a company for "specializing" in a product. What you SHOULD have done is stayed out of a thread titled "Tune", until you at least understand the basics.
I don't know why you feel the constant need to stir up shit, and continually run people away from this forum who are more knowledgeable than yourself, but you should really sit down, take a few days, and re-evaluate life ...
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 06:33 PM   #45
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Anyways... has anyone on here had any experience with a tune from Bad News Racing (BNR)? I believe they are out of Florida.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 07:19 PM   #46
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
You are so off-base with these comments. You are embarrassing yourself with out even knowing it because of your lack of tuning knowledge in general. You don't have a single clue on how to tune these LTG's, or any other platform for that matter. Your ignorance is further amplified by criticizing a company for "specializing" in a product. What you SHOULD have done is stayed out of a thread titled "Tune", until you at least understand the basics.
I don't know why you feel the constant need to stir up shit, and continually run people away from this forum who are more knowledgeable than yourself, but you should really sit down, take a few days, and re-evaluate life ...
Your one to talk... Nothing i said was remotely ignorant it was an opinion if you don't like it go back to your corner and cry like the baby you are. We don't need critics who haven't done shit to their 2.0T camaros talkong like they know everything atleast contribute something legitimate not from your alldata book.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 11:36 PM   #47
6th_gen_gino

Drives: 2016 camaro 2.0t gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
Anyways... has anyone on here had any experience with a tune from Bad News Racing (BNR)? I believe they are out of Florida.
I've spoken to the owner once, and once only. He never really got back to me. I don't think he has much experience specifically with the LTG but has plenty of knowledge of GM DI motors such as the Cruze and spark
6th_gen_gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:56 AM   #48
Zzsteve

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post

im pretty sure you read this the wrong way, as i had NO intention of bashing anybody. i was referring to instances where people take their car to somebody that specializes in old carb'd setups, or mitsubishis, or something of that nature. basically warning people to "dont go somewhere that has never tuned a DI engine before" without the understanding that you will likely not get the best results.

we do NOT specialize in one platform. we hold the world record for the 3800 v6 (horsepower, and 1/4 mile) , we just made 609 WHP on my ATS-V friday with bolt ons, (which i believe is the ATS-V power record as well) and we hold all of the ecotec (outside of the GM drag teams) power records for LSJ and LNF. most of us have some sort of LS powered something here, so we are well versed in many things.

i want to be VERY clear here, in that i was not, and WILL NOT bash other companies, unless they have proven to be dangerous (whether it be repeated blown engines, ripping off customers etc) my post was in NO way a bash, i meant "dont let uncle bill thats tuned a chevy 305 once" tune your car. thats all i meant.
Zzsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 04:20 PM   #49
jaycee0919

Drives: 2017 2.0T Coupe
Same here - they expressed an interest in working with ME but then fell off the planet - not a good sign

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th_gen_gino View Post
I've spoken to the owner once, and once only. He never really got back to me. I don't think he has much experience specifically with the LTG but has plenty of knowledge of GM DI motors such as the Cruze and spark
jaycee0919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 06:01 PM   #50
Archangle

Drives: 2017 ice sliver 1LT
I live here in Southwest Florida and there are only a hand full of tuners on this coast which I've had the same reaction as some of you have with the oh we can do it and never hear back from them. I contacted both ZZP and IPF tuning.. I have also just emailed redline Motorsports which is on the east coast of south Florida right by Steeda.. once I hear back from them I hope then I will make my choice on what to do. All companies I've emailed other then the local shops on my coast have tuned LTG engines since they have been out. Also my Camaro has work done on it from the ZZP front mount intercooler and hi flow catted downpipe to a Turbobay performance FTW 72 with the Forge waste gate on it and a set of gauges.. I wanna get a base line then put the new turbobay turbo on and then tune it.. I'm hoping for Redline to come through for me on this but if not I will be contacting ZZP for my tune. Also I already own an HP tuners pro device to tune so if I go with IPF tuning I will have to buy there device to tune it with.. anyway I hope everyone has luck in anyway they get there Camaro tuned at.
Archangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 01:21 AM   #51
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAZL1 View Post
Its sad you feel that disclaimer is necessary.
Dude, trust me, if you stick around for a while, you'll totally understand why...
to invalidate anyone's personal views or thoughts, nor is it a condemnation of anyone's
race, religion, sex, sexual preferences, handicaps, or intellectual abilities.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 02:02 AM   #52
ChicagoTommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangle View Post
I live here in Southwest Florida and there are only a hand full of tuners on this coast which I've had the same reaction as some of you have with the oh we can do it and never hear back from them. I contacted both ZZP and IPF tuning.. I have also just emailed redline Motorsports which is on the east coast of south Florida right by Steeda.. once I hear back from them I hope then I will make my choice on what to do. All companies I've emailed other then the local shops on my coast have tuned LTG engines since they have been out. Also my Camaro has work done on it from the ZZP front mount intercooler and hi flow catted downpipe to a Turbobay performance FTW 72 with the Forge waste gate on it and a set of gauges.. I wanna get a base line then put the new turbobay turbo on and then tune it.. I'm hoping for Redline to come through for me on this but if not I will be contacting ZZP for my tune. Also I already own an HP tuners pro device to tune so if I go with IPF tuning I will have to buy there device to tune it with.. anyway I hope everyone has luck in anyway they get there Camaro tuned at.
I've only seen a couple people use IPF on Cadillac forum, and none here on Camaro6. Their results have been pretty meh. I believe they only offer a 'canned' type tune. Looking at their site right now doesn't list any type of allowed adjustments like ZZP or VT. I wouldn't trust them with a setup like yours as I've not seen any results, and a 'canned' tune would either underperform or be extremely dangerous.

I've been involved with tuning an ATS with the turbobay upgraded stock turbo, and it's been a steep learning curve. I became involved after the owner popped the stock LTG and rebuilt with forged parts. That car has all of the mods you want, plus more. So unlike some of the louder voices on here, I have actual first hand experience and seat time with the setup you want. I would not personally trust anyone other than ZZP or VT with that setup. Do yourself a favor and head over to Cadillac forum, search for lt1z350, and turbobay. I believe he is in Florida, but I'm not sure where. He has a LOT of experience with this setup as well. Here is one of his posts over there, hopefully you can tell how in depth this mod truly is. It's not a simple bolt on, and will effect all stages of driving, not just WOT.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...installed.html

Realistically, what are your goals? Personally, I wouldn't do a turbo upgrade without E85, and it's going to be very expensive to run E85 at power levels exceeding 400whp.
to invalidate anyone's personal views or thoughts, nor is it a condemnation of anyone's
Old 02-23-2018, 02:06 AM   #53
ChicagoTommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
Several members on Cadillac forum used their tune with decent results. They were on my radar for a while until ZZP became more involved in the LTG world. I have one of their downpipes sitting in my garage right now.
Old 02-23-2018, 02:07 AM   #54
ChicagoTommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th_gen_gino View Post
That's honestly all that matters to me at this point
I really think you would have better results if you had stuck with ZZP...
Old 02-23-2018, 02:15 AM   #55
ChicagoTommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
Once again, I wish we had a 'Like' button on this forum. I know it can be difficult to tell which orifice someone is talking out of via the internet, but when it comes to tuning he's typically talking out of his ass. It is honestly a shame when he goes off on these stupid tangents like this. He does the entire community a disservice by constantly spewing ignorance. Since he feels the need to chime in on EVERYTHING, when people come to the site looking for info, it's completely cluttered with his inane garbage.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:26 AM   #56
6th_gen_gino

Drives: 2016 camaro 2.0t gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTommy View Post
I really think you would have better results if you had stuck with ZZP...
How so, have you checked the quarter mile list?
As a matter of fact you stick with Zzp and show me how your car compares...untill then I don't think you need to put in your 2 cents
6th_gen_gino is offline   Reply With Quote