Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-11-2018, 11:05 AM   #1
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
2010 Camaro - wanting to upgrade the struts/springs

I currently have the dreaded noise going on in the front of the car based on what others commented via this thread....

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177254

I have a 2010 Camaro 2LT with 82k miles, which currently has the ZL1 appearance package, which includes the ZL1 rims and springs already on the car. My front end is worn and I am wondering the best way to go about this. Can I simply replace the struts with ZL1 Struts and Springs for both the front and rear, or do I invest in coilovers? If I go the coilover route - then which set up do I get that will not break the bank? I do not race or track the car. This will be used for everyday street driving.

Thanks

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 12:44 PM   #2
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Only a full ZL1 has the electronics installed to operate the MRC struts, so that is not an option.

B6 inverted Bilstien struts are our first choice for 5th Gen struts. Pair those with coils from DSE ot BMR for a HUGE upgrade over SS struts, just a hair below going DSSV from the Z/28.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 01:21 PM   #3
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Only a full ZL1 has the electronics installed to operate the MRC struts, so that is not an option.

B6 inverted Bilstien struts are our first choice for 5th Gen struts. Pair those with coils from DSE ot BMR for a HUGE upgrade over SS struts, just a hair below going DSSV from the Z/28.

Thanks. Is there a link with the best pricing available for these items?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
Old 02-12-2018, 05:14 PM   #4
JusticePete

Camaro5 does not allow us o post pricing links in the tech section, but I did send a link to you via PM.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:25 PM   #5
km9v

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6
I recently swapped my struts w/ Koni orange.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=491219

If you want adjustability, the Koni yellow are what you want. Other have also recommended the factory 1LE struts & springs.
km9v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 09:27 AM   #6
JusticePete

SS Twin Tube Struts Front and Rear
1LE Mono Tube Rear, Twin Tube Front
Koni Orange Twin Tube, Entry Level as stated on the Koni website
Bilstein B6, Inverts Monotubes Front and Rear with Internal Bumstops

Koni Orange is a step above the SS and a step below the 1LE.

Bilstein B6 are better than most of the coilovers sold for the 5th Gen and just a hair below the DSSV Mutlimatic struts on the Z/28. The DSSV is as good as top end coilovers JRI and RideTech Track Star.

For the price, B6 and BMR coils are a great value based on control offering excellent stability and predictability. It is why we sell so many sets of B6/BMR and B6/DSE
Old 02-13-2018, 09:08 PM   #7
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Camaro5 does not allow us o post pricing links in the tech section, but I did send a link to you via PM.
Thanks

Old 03-01-2018, 12:36 PM   #8
jonesaustin71.aj

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS 6A
Quote:

Hey Pete, can you send me a pm quote on the B6/BMR setup. I might be looking to go this route soon.

2011 2SS A6
jonesaustin71.aj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 01:04 PM   #9
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesaustin71.aj View Post
Hey Pete, can you send me a pm quote on the B6/BMR setup. I might be looking to go this route soon.

2011 2SS A6
PM Sent.

FYI -- The Bilsstein B6 are currently on intergalactic back-order My fingers are crossed we see the first BO set in two more weeks
Old 03-01-2018, 01:57 PM   #10
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
Pete,

Any opinions on Bilstein's B16 coil-overs? I believe they use the same B6 shocks; not sure what kind of spring rates they have. Maybe similar in performance to the BMR/DSE/other spring + B6 combos?
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 02:33 PM   #11
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillboyPowerhead View Post
Pete,

Any opinions on Bilstein's B16 coil-overs? I believe they use the same B6 shocks; not sure what kind of spring rates they have. Maybe similar in performance to the BMR/DSE/other spring + B6 combos?
https://www.bilstein.com/my/news-eve...573f13bf176755