Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Phastek Performance

Old 12-11-2017, 12:00 PM   #1
maroonpanther

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Angry MRR FS01 defective rims nightmare

I ordered Mrr FS01's 20x10 & 20x11 from phastek performance and recovered rims that were defective. After 2-3 months of waiting the rims and was excited when they arrived. I went to two different rim shops and when put on the machine multiple rims started shaking and they both told me to return them because it looked really bad. I am currently in the process of returning the rims with a warranty claim and hoping that i will get my $2000 back. Waiting on a response from MRR.
maroonpanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 01:23 PM   #2
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by maroonpanther View Post
I ordered Mrr FS01's 20x10 & 20x11 from phastek performance and recovered rims that were defective. After 2-3 months of waiting the rims and was excited when they arrived. I went to two different rim shops and when put on the machine multiple rims started shaking and they both told me to return them because it looked really bad. I am currently in the process of returning the rims with a warranty claim and hoping that i will get my $2000 back. Waiting on a response from MRR.
MRR is generally really good about taking care of problems, so I would definitely get with them. If there is a vendor for the shop you ordered from on here, I'd also get with them as well.

I have owned MRR wheels before, and they always took great care of my orders. It's quite possible that the rims were damaged in transit or something similar. Things like this do happen.
Old 12-11-2017, 01:28 PM   #3
Richie Carbone

Drives: My work van for now
OK, So you received damaged goods.

You are still in the warranty/return process and you call it a nightmare?

At least give the company a chance to respond and straighten it out before blasting it all over the internet looking for sympathy. Do you expect all of us to march over to MRR with torches and pitch forks demanding a new set of wheels or else they will meet their maker?

The rims could have been damaged in shipping or could have been defective from the factory. Give them a chance to make it right before shouting "The sky is falling"
Richie Carbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 01:54 PM   #4
maroonpanther

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Carbone View Post
OK, So you received damaged goods.

You are still in the warranty/return process and you call it a nightmare?

At least give the company a chance to respond and straighten it out before blasting it all over the internet looking for sympathy. Do you expect all of us to march over to MRR with torches and pitch forks demanding a new set of wheels or else they will meet their maker?

The rims could have been damaged in shipping or could have been defective from the factory. Give them a chance to make it right before shouting "The sky is falling"
MRR is sending out another order asap, thanks carlos. This was after waiting 3 months on an order that was supposed to take 4 weeks. They told me the order failed inspection after i contacted them multiple times but i think they sent out those rims anyway to me. They guy i spoke with originally about the return was unclear about the defect warranty procedure but someone else called back to resend another shipment.
maroonpanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 03:27 PM   #5
Carlos_MRRWheelsInc

Drives: camaro
Ahmad I think it would be helpful if you clarified this post, it makes us look real bad when we are clearly helping you out with out any questions.

we know you waited for your FS01 as they where on Back order/ no secret their.
plus we had multiple orders that we had to complete at the same time.
we also had no clue you had any issues until this morning around 9:00 am we got the call from Phastek, you can also speak to Gabe as soon as he told us a client was having vibration issues we said dont worry we got a set ready to go today 12/11.
I also personally called you to give you the good news and not ones did we get any bad or angry comments so this story or post is odd. I understand the frustration when waiting on a back order and boom something dont go as planed but we got you.
your new set is leaving today with return labels attached for the prev set.

sorry we where such a nightmare.. ,
Carlos_MRRWheelsInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 08:40 PM   #6
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_MRRWheelsInc View Post
Ahmad I think it would be helpful if you clarified this post, it makes us look real bad when we are clearly helping you out with out any questions.

we know you waited for your FS01 as they where on Back order/ no secret their.
plus we had multiple orders that we had to complete at the same time.
we also had no clue you had any issues until this morning around 9:00 am we got the call from Phastek, you can also speak to Gabe as soon as he told us a client was having vibration issues we said dont worry we got a set ready to go today 12/11.
I also personally called you to give you the good news and not ones did we get any bad or angry comments so this story or post is odd. I understand the frustration when waiting on a back order and boom something dont go as planed but we got you.
your new set is leaving today with return labels attached for the prev set.

sorry we where such a nightmare.. ,
Sometimes frustration just gets the best of people. I was one who had to wait longer due to the shipping issues with the Z/28 clone wheels.... I understood, it happens...
Old 12-12-2017, 01:22 AM   #7
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Sometimes sh*t happens... but most importantly, the company honored their warranty. You can’t ask for anything more. Will it take time, yes. Chevrolet had my car for 75 days when they replaced my engine on my new ‘16 SS. Boy am I thankful I didn’t have to come up with $20k. Count your blessings!

Last edited by sonnydurden; 12-17-2017 at 09:46 AM.
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mrr, phastek