Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 12-10-2017, 10:29 AM   #29
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
I feel your pain!! I went through a similar situation 10 years ago. My 2003 Nissan 350Z Touring threw a rod at 67,000 miles. Warranty was dead and I had to replace the engine. Nissan wanted $10,000. A friend recommended his friend that owned a shop that specialized in Nissans. Hell the shop owner had retrofitted many 240’s into Silvias, put in many turbos, and even owned a drift car. He said he would replace my engine for $5500.00. $3000.00 for the engine and $2500.00 for the labor that I would pay for once the car is complete. I had my 350Z towed to his shop in April of 2007 with a check for $3000.00 in the glove box. He cashed that check the same day. He said it would be 2 weeks tops! He had my car for 4 months! Samething, he ordered the wrong engine, this part didn’t come in, he was sick, family issues out of town, etc. He then had the nerve to call me one Saturday morning stating he was stranded in Ohio and could I wire him some money. Long story short, got my car back and the a/c didn’t work and it never drove the same. With the extra money I spent renting a car because of how long it took, I could of just went to Nissan and spent the $10,000. I later found out he was on drugs really bad.
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 03:03 AM   #30
OneDarkSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
God bless law school.
Old 12-11-2017, 04:48 AM   #31
Bluecyclone

Drives: 2014 Cyclone mustang
So tired

God bless Pro Se.
Attached Images

Old 12-11-2017, 06:04 AM   #32
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluecyclone View Post
God bless Pro Se.
Are you on drugs?
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 03:16 PM   #33
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
My Gosh...

You let him have your car for months...with basically no progress?? Is this story even true??

Shame on them for crappy business practices and keeping you on the chain.

Shame on you for not getting your car the heck out of there months ago!
Old 12-11-2017, 04:49 PM   #34
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
I feel your pain!! I went through a similar situation 10 years ago. My 2003 Nissan 350Z Touring threw a rod at 67,000 miles. Warranty was dead and I had to replace the engine. Nissan wanted $10,000. A friend recommended his friend that owned a shop that specialized in Nissans. Hell the shop owner had retrofitted many 240’s into Silvias, put in many turbos, and even owned a drift car. He said he would replace my engine for $5500.00. $3000.00 for the engine and $2500.00 for the labor that I would pay for once the car is complete. I had my 350Z towed to his shop in April of 2007 with a check for $3000.00 in the glove box. He cashed that check the same day. He said it would be 2 weeks tops! He had my car for 4 months! Samething, he ordered the wrong engine, this part didn’t come in, he was sick, family issues out of town, etc. He then had the nerve to call me one Saturday morning stating he was stranded in Ohio and could I wire him some money. Long story short, got my car back and the a/c didn’t work and it never drove the same. With the extra money I spent renting a car because of how long it took, I could of just went to Nissan and spent the $10,000. I later found out he was on drugs really bad.
I take it that the friend who recommended this shop is no longer a friend.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 07:52 PM   #35
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
I take it that the friend who recommended this shop is no longer a friend.
Actually he is still my best friend of 20 plus years. I give him shit about it every now and then.. lol
Old 12-11-2017, 07:57 PM   #36
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
My Gosh...

You let him have your car for months...with basically no progress?? Is this story even true??

Shame on them for crappy business practices and keeping you on the chain.

Shame on you for not getting your car the heck out of there months ago!
Sometimes it isn’t that easy especially when give the shop a substantial amount of money. You keep holding out for hope and that the shop will do the right thing. I’ve been through it before it’s a tough situation to be in... I wish the OP the best
Old 12-11-2017, 08:12 PM   #37
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Man I'd I go to the prosecutors office and file an affidavit for 'Theft By Deception' before they try and file a mechanics lean on the car. This has gone on far too long as everyone has stated. I had issue with my fifth gen being at the cam shop for 2wks and I knew guys who had work done there previously and I had done a background check on them and did a BBB check.
In fact I get it filed now, no attorney needed for this and if the prosecutors office does their job, they can or you can also tell them you'd like a warrant issued to go seize your car. Need to have all docs on the car like registration, pics, purchase agreement and any docs from the shop that has the car on work they were going to perform. Also a complete address of the shop, description (pic of shop is helpful) for the warrant and the owner of the shops name. If he has a Facebook page or social media I'd snatch his pic to add to the attachments. Have all this when you go so they see you've done your homework.
Personally I would have shown up with a flatbed a long time ago and if necessary dragged that bitch out of there.
Old 12-11-2017, 08:24 PM   #38
ss_rob

Drives: SS
Why have you not posted this shops name? If you’d rather not say please respond to the other NorCal members here so we don’t all end up in the same boat. Help the community please. There isn’t a lot of GM shops/Tuners in the area so not letting us know is putting us all at risk as well.
ss_rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 08:25 PM   #39
chozn4service

Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-11-2017, 08:29 PM   #40
chozn4service

If all that has been said is in fact true, you can't be sued for slander. What is the issue for not saying the shops name? After all they have wronged you and essentially holding your car hostage. Not trying to speak bad or anything but you don't even know if you have a car left or not, or do you? I've always found when you put it out there, things happen, good bad or indifferent and you're already on the bad end of this whole situation.
Old 12-11-2017, 08:42 PM   #41
ndnashlenz

Drives: 2019 1SS Crush, 2017 Corolla White
Send in the wife. If dude touches your woman, lay him out, take your car and drive off into the sunset. All jokes aside lawyer up.
Old 12-11-2017, 09:22 PM   #42
Oldfart

Drives: Silverado, V-70 R
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
He then had the nerve to call me one Saturday morning stating he was stranded in Ohio and could I wire him some money. Long story short, got my car back and the a/c didn’t work and it never drove the same. With the extra money I spent renting a car because of how long it took, I could of just went to Nissan and spent the $10,000. I later found out he was on drugs really bad.
So how much did you send him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluecyclone View Post
God bless Pro Se.
God bless "for oneself" or "on one's own behalf"????
Oldfart is offline   Reply With Quote