Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-28-2017, 07:16 AM   #57
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by riozlander View Post
well I thought it would be fun to see what people are OCD on, about there Camaro's.
Sorry OP, but I'm much more OCD about the proper use of "there, their, and they're". In the above quote, the proper spelling would be "their", not there.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 04:28 PM   #58
Super Bee SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 2008 Cobalt LT
Im OCD about my oil temp gauge.i baby her on the throttle until the car gets warmed up. Once it gets to 200-220 f on the oil temp gauge its time for sports mode!
Super Bee SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 01:53 AM   #59
rocknroll_jeph

Drives: 11 Camaro V6 RS, 03 BMW Z4
Like most of us, I am very obsessed with keeping my car as clean as possible, both inside and out. Unfortunately for me, I recently moved into a new house with no garage so I cover my car almost all the time it is not windy.

At work I don't have to worry about cars parking too close. We have a strange parking situation because the school I teach at doesn't have a parking lot and there aren't many people who drive so those of us who do drive just park in between the trees along the road next to our school. The trees are spaced so that only one car can fit between them.

However, during fall leaves will cover my car in minutes, and in the warmer months the trees just constantly drip sap so I keep it covered at work too. It only takes a minute or so to cover the car and it keeps the leaves, sap, bird crap and little kid's fingerprints off my car so it is worth it for me. I still end up spending most of the day every Saturday washing and detailing my car, but that is my happy place. Washing my car is a zen like time of relaxation and reflection.
rocknroll_jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 07:20 AM   #60
riozlander
that guy <--------

Drives: 2012 camaro V6 LS M6
its kinda fun to read about every ones OCD about there, their,they're Camaros
even if there directed against me and my proper use of words ^^^
riozlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 12:18 AM   #61
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Sledge stays clean, practices good hygiene, nothing OCD bout dat.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 01:52 AM   #62
Grandawg

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk
Seems like we all hate people and dirt. I might have went a little overboard, but the girlfriend of my buddy tried eating in my car once. I grabbed her taco and threw the damn thing out the window. Not cool. Not even a little bit.

It also irks me when passengers put smudges on the window or paint when closing the door. Use the handle people!!
Grandawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 02:01 AM   #63
ticowarbird
BOHIC

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS "Enola"
Lifting up the steering wheel when you're done driving. My folks drive my car while I'm working abroad and I dont mind letting friends and family drive it when I'm home too but they always leave the wheel down and it's a tight fit.
Old 06-09-2017, 02:28 AM   #64
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticowarbird View Post
Lifting up the steering wheel when you're done driving. My folks drive my car while I'm working abroad and I dont mind letting friends and family drive it when I'm home too but they always leave the wheel down and it's a tight fit.
I hate when they leave the power seat forward.
It seems like everytime I am supposed to drive it is raining and I am waiting, waiting, waiting, while the Jeopardy songs plays in my head and my back gets soaked while the seat crawls.
Old 06-09-2017, 03:13 AM   #65
riozlander
that guy <--------

Drives: 2012 camaro V6 LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post
I hate when they leave the power seat forward.
It seems like everytime I am supposed to drive it is raining and I am waiting, waiting, waiting, while the Jeopardy songs plays in my head and my back gets soaked while the seat crawls.
I should consider my self lucky I got manual seats then
I have white tape marking where my position is for my seating position.
I'm 6 foot 3 1/2 so if my seats not In its position its not fun getting in good by knee caps lol
riozlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 09:47 PM   #66
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by partlowr View Post
Exhaust tips, mine have to be spotless on all my vehicles or it drives me nuts. When I see dirty nasty, dull, carbon stained and pitted exhaust tips on other peoples cars it even drives me nuts and it's not even my car. I have even discovered which fuel burns the cleanest and leaves the least amount of carbon soot on the pipe...in case yo're wonder it's Shell Premium 93 octane. Is that OCD enough lol?
Cool! About the same OCD level as me!
Old 06-10-2017, 12:38 PM   #67
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
Bugs on front of my white Camaro
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 04:52 PM   #68
c0r3yr0s3

Drives: 2012 camaro 2ss
Stickers!..luckily the one with the car dealership info came off with no problem

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk
c0r3yr0s3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 06:47 PM   #69
blewbyyou

Drives: Dusk SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron123 View Post
On rare occasions, if I feel someone may park beside the car, these go on the sides ...
Made them out of pool noodles and leftover PVC pipe to prevent door dings.
Contrasting color is on purpose to standout - some folks may see that and take extra care.
Built-in flotation is also good for areas prone to flooding. End can be used as a club in case of attempted carjacking ;-)
"Ding Repel" Patent Pending, Copyright (c) 2015 Ron123
though these may protect i see this as in invitation to the ass hat that thinks you have gone overboard. Park with a curb next to you or walk a little way a little extra exercise could be a ding saver. OCD about a clean car never like to go anywhere with it dirty. I some times wash it twice a week
blewbyyou is offline   Reply With Quote