Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 07-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #8597
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40years View Post
Try here. Don kline does good work.

The Shop
3755 N Runway Dr
Tucson, AZ 85705
(520) 888-4179

Thanks, I will check it out.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:15 PM   #8598
Mud
In Mud We Trust

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
The best product I have ever used on vinyl is Adam's VRT polish.

I use it on the Camaro's matte black vinyl stripes and it is superb. I can never use anything else.

It's not cheap but it is worth every penny. Keeps the matte black stripes rich, dark black without the gloss. I swear by it.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-512-a...-dressing.aspx

-American Racing Torq Thrust/Anthracite
-CAI Intake
Mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:38 PM   #8599
gotroost

Drives: 2021 Crush ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnaz View Post
What's your thoughts now? Someone on the fourme said O'Reilly Crematic's were good???
I'm still researching. Saw a post about racing brake rotors on a track in Austin am leaning toward the pads he used for the track. Ideally, I would come up with something good for street and track, but I don't think that's going to happen. Been talking to some local Vette guys and they claim track specific pads take a while to heat up before they work well. They also eat rotors. This coming weekend, I think I will try to sand my rotors and pads to get the HPS pads to work better. If they start working like new, I will keep running them on the street but not on the track.

gotroost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:40 PM   #8600
FLYNNZL1
Account Suspended

Drives: Man
Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via AIM to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
I noticed today, the drivers side Headlight inside HD Lens has two big greasy finger print smudges. The Passenger Side Headlight inside HD Lens has an object stuck to it. I know these are sealed Headlights, so it must of came off the line like this. I attached a picture of the passenger side showing the object. It is really weird both lights are dirty.
Attached Images

FLYNNZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:45 PM   #8601
mrmertz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Okay all...

Throwing in a K&N Series 63 CAI this week. At the shows I have been to with the club everyone BUT me seems to have one.

According to the instructions, it does not mention about having the car tuned for the additional massive airflow intake. I would think this would be standard procedure, no?

If "yes" is the answer, who is the best in town for handling this sort of thing? If there is somebody outstanding instead in the PHX area, I'm willing to travel if that's what it takes. Thanks in advance, guys and gals!
mrmertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #8602
FLYNNZL1
Account Suspended

Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via AIM to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
A CAI does not need a tune, it is a easy install. If you need help let me know, but I think the K&N is similar to my Airaid CAI, it should take about an hour. If I can do it you can too

Install video:

http://youtu.be/qY5gAT-Nj38
Old 07-01-2013, 08:00 PM   #8603
mrmertz

Thanks Mr. Sean!

The instructions seem pretty straight forward. Thanks for the offer of help, the encouragement and the video! Great help. Wondering with the 2013 if I'll need my code for the info system as the instructions have me disconnecting the negative battery terminal before install, which they (K&N) claim will wipe it all out.

Thanks again!
PS - I have pics of your car at Watson. Remind me to show you when we meet again.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #8604
FLYNNZL1
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmertz View Post
Thanks Mr. Sean!

The instructions seem pretty straight forward. Thanks for the offer of help, the encouragement and the video! Great help. Wondering with the 2013 if I'll need my code for the info system as the instructions have me disconnecting the negative battery terminal before install, which they (K&N) claim will wipe it all out.

Thanks again!
PS - I have pics of your car at Watson. Remind me to show you when we meet again.
Not sure on the code, I debt it, I think it probably has it's own small battery like a computer. I have had no issues. When pulling the stock CAI make sure to pull strait up, the bottom has a plastic piece that plugs into the frame, just give it a firm yank. Call me if you need too.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #8605
mrmertz

Thanks buddy!
Old 07-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #8606
FLYNNZL1
Account Suspended

I just put Headlight Armor on my Headlights, I wonder if GM will replace them??? It's a shame they have to take off the Fascia for this, it only has 200 miles on it :( Maybe I can sneak in a Heritage Grill install
Old 07-01-2013, 08:44 PM   #8607
FLYNNZL1
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
First mod I did was the LED bulbs in the DRLs. The late 2012s and the 2013s use a different connector on the wiring harness than the earlier ones. The correct LED bulb for the 2013 DRLs (fog lamps) is PSX26W. The only place I was able to find them was through Ofer for $72 a set. All the other sites list the P13W for the 2013 but the bulb base will not snap into the new style harness connector.
Which set did you order? 5000K or 6000K?
Old 07-02-2013, 08:47 AM   #8608
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Tucson Camaro Club July Meeting

Time for another gathering, and time to show off some folk's new cars! This month's meeting will be 11 July on the East side, at Rancho Rustica, 8270 S Houghton Rd, Southwest corner of Houghton and Rita Rd. Dinner at 6PM, car talk at 7. Please PM or email me if you plan to attend.

We have a few events planned in the next month; a mystery meal cruise or two, a couple trips up Mt Lemmon (including the Big One with AZ All Gen folks on 10 Aug!).

Sonoran Muscle Cars is hosting a car show at the TCC parking lot on the 4th, 6 - 9 PM. Free registration starts at 4PM, but space is limited.

Hope to see you at the meeting!

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:50 AM   #8609
FLYNNZL1
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodih View Post
Time for another gathering, and time to show off some folk's new cars! This month's meeting will be 11 July on the East side, at Rancho Rustica, 8270 S Houghton Rd, Southwest corner of Houghton and Rita Rd. Dinner at 6PM, car talk at 7. Please PM or email me if you plan to attend.

We have a few events planned in the next month; a mystery meal cruise or two, a couple trips up Mt Lemmon (including the Big One with AZ All Gen folks on 10 Aug!).

Sonoran Muscle Cars is hosting a car show at the TCC parking lot on the 4th, 6 - 9 PM. Free registration starts at 4PM, but space is limited.

Hope to see you at the meeting!
Here is alittle more information from Gilbert with Sonoran Muscle Cars and their July 4th event:

"Hello Everyone!

The tragic loss of 19 firefighters have touched all of us. I would like to announce that there will be a tribute to our fallen heroes. Old Pueblo Vintage Fire Brigade has graciously accepted my invitation to bring a couple of their vintage fire trucks to the show. I will read the names of the fallen firefighters. With each name, the bell will ring in their honor. Please come out and show your support and pay tribute to Arizona's Bravest."
Old 07-02-2013, 09:07 AM   #8610
Buckeye
Buckeye

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnaz View Post
Which set did you order? 5000K or 6000K?
I got the 6000 11 watt bulbs.