Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-22-2014, 11:33 PM   #57
LoganThirtyacre

Drives: Red Hot 2014 2ss Camaro Convertible
RED INTERIOR OPTION FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!
LoganThirtyacre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:48 AM   #58
BlueRay2ss

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 2013 2LS 1998 Z28
The logo on the steering wheel needs to go back to "camaro" not the gold bowtie. We know its a chevy, our Camaros are special and need to be personalized.
BlueRay2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 11:25 AM   #59
NotYetLegend

Drives: 2012 1SS/RS
I would like to see more performance packages on the base SS other than just the 1LE. For instance the new Mustang has a performance package that replaces all the front rubber bushings with metal heim joints. How great is that? It's such a pain to make this change yourself and I would happily pay an extra $1,100 over 3 years for it.

Would REALLY like to see the LT1 come over to the SS (I think this will obviously happen) with an OEM oil catch can (DI's are bad about valve gunk...).

Please no 7 speed, please no 7 speed. It's just a silly amount of gears to mate up to a 6.2L v8...

Fix the damn clutch slave cylinder issues. It ruins the tranny and makes it shift crappy after maybe 50k. They spent so much effort to get this box rowing nicely (even synchro'd reverse) and then they let the clutch eat it? So dumb.

Find workers who can build/install a rear differential properly.

Magnetic ride option.

Better stability control package for track use please.

Better sound, the stock exhaust system is downright anti-american.

Resist all things retro. Perhaps chill out on the stupid gauge pack options.

Of course make it weigh less, this isn't even worth saying as it is a given GM will do this, it is in their best interest for economy and Alpha is lighter than Zeta.

Resist any silly front grille area chrome strips (2014 makeover and C7 are massive offenders in this category, the C7 looks like it's wearing head gear or a retainer or something).

Maybe 20" wheels as standard on the SS is a little too 50 cent. Reign that in a bit.

The steering wheel: why have the music controls on the right-hand side of the wheel? If your right hand is free the head unit is only 14" away... Music controls on the left (so you can use either hand) and cruise goes on the right. Can't believe this happened.

Don't "GM" the interior too bad. We don't need Recaro this and Sparco that and Momo over here all just for marketing, just don't GM it.

That is about it from me.
Old 05-23-2014, 12:51 PM   #60
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
1.) Make it a touch smaller and 300-400 lbs lighter. Get it to 4th gen weight dry. Yes, it can be done. These cars aren't just heavy, they're big. A couple inches shorter and an inch narrower goes a long way.

2.) Cupholders in the manual need to be relocated, or the shifter needs to be pushed up a touch. Personally I'd rather have the cup holders IN FRONT of the shifter than behind it.

3.) Increased visibility with sideview mirrors.

4.) The ceiling could stand to be 1-2 inches taller.

5.) Better syncros and shifter from the factory.

Other than that, I have zero complaints with the car. It's pretty much perfect other than that. It doesn't even need more power. It just needs less weight. Taking 300 lbs off would make a MASSIVE difference.
Old 05-23-2014, 01:13 PM   #61
You Won't
Nothin wrong with dreamin

Drives: Camaro SS
Anybody seen the Need for Speed movie? I would like to see a hud like the one on that Shelby. It has the side mirrors and everything all combined in it. Would it cost more, who knows? I know it is just a movie but it is still cool and technology is "moving on up." A reduction in weight is a great idea. Really all of the ideas mentioned already are great. It is everyone's opion. It is not right or wrong, that is why it is called an opinion.
You Won't is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 01:31 PM   #62
MikeT

Drives: 2008 Malibu V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
1.) Make it a touch smaller and 300-400 lbs lighter. Get it to 4th gen weight dry. Yes, it can be done. These cars aren't just heavy, they're big. A couple inches shorter and an inch narrower goes a long way.
A 10% (~375 lb) haircut would indeed be awesome. I just don't see it happening though. My gut feeling tells me that we're looking at 5% at most... and when I'm really pessimistic, I figure we'll be lucky if it doesn't gain weight.

AFAIK, the weight numbers on the new Mustang still aren't out yet, but hope for significant weight loss pretty much seem to have evaporated among the Mustang faithful.

I'm not going to go so far as to say that weight loss isn't a priority for the powers that be (I'm sure it is a priority to some extent), but it seems like a lower priority than some other things, specifically adding a lot of new standard equipment and keeping prices affordable. And I guess I can understand that. A lot of buyers aren't really paying any attention to weight. They're looking at styling, price, equipment, fuel economy (sometimes). Of course, weight is actually related in various ways to all of those, but it doesn't really really sell cars.
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 02:49 PM   #63
NotYetLegend

There is no way the new Mustang is going to lose any weight from the current car. They knew they needed to improve rigidity AND as we all know they went to IRS. Both of those come at a premium. I would be very very surprised if the new stang doesn't weigh at least 80lbs more than the outgoing one. Maybe the 4 cyl will be less total curb weight but not the two carryovers. They never should have gotten everyone's hopes up with all that noise, it's not like the F-150
Old 05-24-2014, 03:22 PM   #64
RandyT

Drives: 2014 ZL1 Summit White
Automatic option on the 6th Gen 1LE
RandyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 05:14 PM   #65
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
I can't believe this thread is still going....

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 05:32 PM   #66
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
push start would be cool.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 10:11 PM   #67
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetLegend View Post
I would like to see more performance packages on the base SS other than just the 1LE. For instance the new Mustang has a performance package that replaces all the front rubber bushings with metal heim joints. How great is that? It's such a pain to make this change yourself and I would happily pay an extra $1,100 over 3 years for it.

Would REALLY like to see the LT1 come over to the SS (I think this will obviously happen) with an OEM oil catch can (DI's are bad about valve gunk...).

Please no 7 speed, please no 7 speed. It's just a silly amount of gears to mate up to a 6.2L v8...

Fix the damn clutch slave cylinder issues. It ruins the tranny and makes it shift crappy after maybe 50k. They spent so much effort to get this box rowing nicely (even synchro'd reverse) and then they let the clutch eat it? So dumb.

Find workers who can build/install a rear differential properly.

Magnetic ride option.

Better stability control package for track use please.

Better sound, the stock exhaust system is downright anti-american.

Resist all things retro. Perhaps chill out on the stupid gauge pack options.

Of course make it weigh less, this isn't even worth saying as it is a given GM will do this, it is in their best interest for economy and Alpha is lighter than Zeta.

Resist any silly front grille area chrome strips (2014 makeover and C7 are massive offenders in this category, the C7 looks like it's wearing head gear or a retainer or something).

Maybe 20" wheels as standard on the SS is a little too 50 cent. Reign that in a bit.

The steering wheel: why have the music controls on the right-hand side of the wheel? If your right hand is free the head unit is only 14" away... Music controls on the left (so you can use either hand) and cruise goes on the right. Can't believe this happened.

Don't "GM" the interior too bad. We don't need Recaro this and Sparco that and Momo over here all just for marketing, just don't GM it.

That is about it from me.
" For instance the new Mustang has a performance package that replaces all the front rubber bushings with metal heim joints." Are you sure?
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 10:50 PM   #68
NotYetLegend

Quote:
Originally Posted by L99CAMA2011 View Post
" For instance the new Mustang has a performance package that replaces all the front rubber bushings with metal heim joints." Are you sure?
Read this: http://m.motortrend.com/roadtests/co.../photo_01.html

Quote: That track package eliminates all rubber from the front suspension links responsible for transmitting lateral forces from the tires to the chassis, replacing them with metal-to-metal ball joints.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:40 AM   #69
Tpimike

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS RRM Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnman View Post
Chevy needs to switch the steering wheel controls. The entertainment controls should be on the left side, cruise control on the right, because if you have a manual transmission, you can adjust volume, etc. while shifting. You obviously would not be shifting while using the cruise control settings, so their placement on the right side would not be a problem.
This is the reason I don't use the steering controls. They just seem to be awkward to use. Hate to say it but way better in a Honda Accord I used to own.
Tpimike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:00 PM   #70
Speeddesignz

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS / 1983 Camaro Z-28
Simple ...

add even more HP .. that's All I need

push button start would be cool though.
Speeddesignz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation