Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-02-2016, 12:54 AM   #1
Texas_RS

Drives: 2013 1LE/SS
Need to make some driver mod upgrades

So this is only my second time going to the racetrack. It's a fun experience for sure but I know my car should be doing better times, but how much better? What are some realistic times based off my mods? Does the 60ft make the race? I'm car #1236, I did do one thing right though, beat the 5.0 mustang #395

2013 1LE. Mods are longtubes, no cats, no mufflers, intake, dyno tune. 410hp/405tq
Mods are longtubes, no cats, no mufflers, intake, dyno tune. 410hp/405tq

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current mods: Stainless Power Long Tube Headers,Cat Delete,CAI Cold Air Intake,Vitesse throttle controller, Muffler/Resonator Delete w/dual tips. ADM Performance Tuned,BMR 1.25 lowering springs,R1 Concept Slotted/Dimpled Rotors.
Texas_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 01:00 AM   #2
Kodexo

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
well first of all, your tune seems off. I have LTs with cats, a borla atak and intake and Im at 430 whp 425 tq. Without a tune i was still making 415/405. Other than that, hows your launch? From the 60' times it seems like they aren't that great, just start practicing, find a road and launch once or twice a day. You should be able to do a 12.8 for sure.
Kodexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 01:09 AM   #3
Texas_RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodexo View Post
well first of all, your tune seems off. I have LTs with cats, a borla atak and intake and Im at 430 whp 425 tq. Without a tune i was still making 415/405. Other than that, hows your launch? From the 60' times it seems like they aren't that great, just start practicing, find a road and launch once or twice a day. You should be able to do a 12.8 for sure.
Tuned by one of the best when it comes to Camaros, ADM Performance, so I don't think that's it. He actually told me I could have pulled more on the dyno but my intake, at the time, (was actually one of the worst ones on the test list of intakes) was holding some HP potential back but I've swapped it out since the dyno but haven't been on a dyno again.

When it comes to launching, I'm not that agreessive. I coast of the line and once I get rolling I floor it. On the 1/4, do you guys get into to 4th gear right at the end of race or hold 3rd gear until it's over?
Current mods: Stainless Power Long Tube Headers,Cat Delete,CAI Cold Air Intake,Vitesse throttle controller, Muffler/Resonator Delete w/dual tips. ADM Performance Tuned,BMR 1.25 lowering springs,R1 Concept Slotted/Dimpled Rotors.
Old 04-02-2016, 07:40 AM   #4
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
coasting off the line....WT-, you should look at beefing up the trailing arms and toe links and at least launch around 3500 rpm you could even use launch control, and a better launch 60' would be in the 1.60- range and sticky tires help. You limiting the amount of weight transfer and the torque off the line is only killing your time babying the rear that's reason #1 to upgrade things back south. Although you dont really want to burn rubber to heat up stock tires you do not want them spinning on the track surface either and its up to you to judge what you can do with a set of tires by how the track feels from practice runs...how much power you can put to the ground from the launch matters. And the 3500 launch in my built car is totally spinning the tires because I have so much torque but catching traction should not take but a second as your rolling... Anyway good luck that's IMO.... And I do recommend a shift light ,light makes it possible to focus your attention more on the road, I use a speedhut obd2 with my launch at 3500 and shifts around 5500 in my peak torque. And I still have to go to a track but hey I want the driveshaft safety loop, the helmet, the dash cam, the new rear this and that and the parts I have in a pile on the car...LOL But most recommended over time the 3500-4000 range to launch is best for avoiding overly excessive wheel spin and you always want to avoid wheel hop...the axles are not fans of it.

Now with launch control it gets you up there a little too high for a built car usually and on street tires especially, I can get fishy just about anytime I Hammer it too hard and throttling down of course during a race is something you do not want to have to do either but you always protect the car from lateral movement by backing off it a little if you have that much power down and start going sideways...well we have all seen drag races where the guy bites the wall of crosses the center line.... Not a Option for most of us especially those that daily drive... You should have posted this in the drag racing section but I am sure others wil chime in. Races are won or lost in the first 60" for lots of cars unless you can motor around someone............

Last edited by christianchevell; 04-02-2016 at 07:55 AM.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 09:10 AM   #5
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_RS View Post
Tuned by one of the best when it comes to Camaros, ADM Performance, so I don't think that's it. He actually told me I could have pulled more on the dyno but my intake, at the time, (was actually one of the worst ones on the test list of intakes) was holding some HP potential back but I've swapped it out since the dyno but haven't been on a dyno again.

When it comes to launching, I'm not that agreessive. I coast of the line and once I get rolling I floor it. On the 1/4, do you guys get into to 4th gear right at the end of race or hold 3rd gear until it's over?
And I thought my 60ft was terrible at a 2.1. Generally every .1 off the 60ft is .2 off the ET. Work on your launch and you will be in the 12s.

Your times are about the exact same as mine my first time out when my car was 100% stock. It was about a 2000DA. 2.5 60ft and 14.0. Trap speeds were low 100s.

1LEs ALWAYS have to hit 4th to run the 1/4......unless you want to sit on the rev limiter.
Old 04-02-2016, 10:13 AM   #6
failshift
Banned

Need to make some driver mod upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
coasting off the line....WT-, you should look at beefing up the trailing arms and toe links and at least launch around 3500 rpm you could even use launch control, and a better launch 60' would be in the 1.60- range and sticky tires help. You limiting the amount of weight transfer and the torque off the line is only killing your time babying the rear that's reason #1 to upgrade things back south. Although you dont really want to burn rubber to heat up stock tires you do not want them spinning on the track surface either and its up to you to judge what you can do with a set of tires by how the track feels from practice runs...how much power you can put to the ground from the launch matters. And the 3500 launch in my built car is totally spinning the tires because I have so much torque but catching traction should not take but a second as your rolling... Anyway good luck that's IMO.... And I do recommend a shift light ,light makes it possible to focus your attention more on the road, I use a speedhut obd2 with my launch at 3500 and shifts around 5500 in my peak torque. And I still have to go to a track but hey I want the driveshaft safety loop, the helmet, the dash cam, the new rear this and that and the parts I have in a pile on the car...LOL But most recommended over time the 3500-4000 range to launch is best for avoiding overly excessive wheel spin and you always want to avoid wheel hop...the axles are not fans of it.

Now with launch control it gets you up there a little too high for a built car usually and on street tires especially, I can get fishy just about anytime I Hammer it too hard and throttling down of course during a race is something you do not want to have to do either but you always protect the car from lateral movement by backing off it a little if you have that much power down and start going sideways...well we have all seen drag races where the guy bites the wall of crosses the center line.... Not a Option for most of us especially those that daily drive... You should have posted this in the drag racing section but I am sure others wil chime in. Races are won or lost in the first 60" for lots of cars unless you can motor around someone............

No. Do not use launch control in a 1LE on a strip or the pass will cost you $1,000 In
Halfshafts
failshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 10:17 AM   #7
failshift
Banned

Also. No the tune is not off by much. It's just what happens in hot Texas with a dyno that is corrected. Not inflated to give "wow amazing"
Results. I was catted. LTS. Xpipe. Ducted CAI inc. and was at 417/417 with a bad/clogged filter at ADM.

But if you look at a lot of other guys with similar mods. Sure they hit 420-430hp. But their TQ is right at 400 even. I'll trade a little power for TQ any day of the week

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
SLP supercharged 2013 SS/RS 1LE VR
Full front half protected by Xpel PPF
Instagram:@Failshift
550hp/540tq @8.6psi
1LE Owners Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/559684050767758/
failshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 10:43 AM   #8
Texas_RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by failshift View Post
No. Do not use launch control in a 1LE on a strip or the pass will cost you $1,000 In
Halfshafts

Exactly, I was told to not hard launch at all or I would regret it. I'm not really trying to be a track monster, I was at least trying to get out of the 14s! Two other 1le camaros, with the exact same setup as me, ran 13.5 and the fastest was 13.1 with same mods. I was jut trying to get into mid 13s. I only got to get 2 runs in, so I guess it's more seat until I get the hang of it.