Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-18-2016, 10:49 AM   #1
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
Got bored..decided to change the look again

Ive been seeing that Nardo Grey color all over the place lately that Audi started. So I decided to give it a shot with some Dip, mix my own color ratios and see how it would look on a Camaro. For a chance I didn't want a loud LOOK AT ME color but still wanted it to stand out as something different. I also reluctantly dipped the rims. They were such a pain with all the spokes and being concaved with a lip. Not looking forward to removing it but they had to be black to make it look the way I wanted. May not be for everyone but I love the color. This one may be here to stay for a while..or the rest of the year at least.
Attached Images

2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.
ytown87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 10:55 AM   #2
Gtpheath

Drives: 2011 SS
That looks amazing! I'm going to hit you up to do my car later this year in a different color
Gtpheath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 10:59 AM   #3
MoeFaux

Drives: 2015 Camaro LS
How long does it take you to remove all the dip and respray?
MoeFaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 12:03 PM   #4
ytown87

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeFaux View Post
How long does it take you to remove all the dip and respray?
I did everything from start to finish in less than 2 full days. I stripped all the old dip off on Friday night, minus the front bumper bc I got tired. Woke up the next day finished stripping it and prepped/masked it off and then got to spraying. Had a couple issue that held me up but all together id say maybe 12-14 hours total including rims and any issues I had to work around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtpheath View Post
That looks amazing! I'm going to hit you up to do my car later this year in a different color
most definitely let me know!
2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.
Old 07-18-2016, 12:54 PM   #5
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
I like the more subtle, unusual colors too. I think you did a great job with it, but will say that it looks a bit too much like primer to me, so to the untrained eye, it might look "unfinished". Kudo's to you for doing the work yourself, and trying something different.
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 01:06 PM   #6
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
I like it but I don't like it. I mean the color is great and clean but it does kind of look like primer. Of course it's your car and you do you but I think it need's something else. Something little that makes it pop .

Kayla L.
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 01:12 PM   #7
ytown87

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Sales View Post
I like it but I don't like it. I mean the color is great and clean but it does kind of look like primer. Of course it's your car and you do you but I think it need's something else. Something little that makes it pop .

Kayla L.
Thanks..i guess?
Not looking for any pop sizzle fizz or bang on this one. Wanted to keep it as simple as possible to just be something different without asking for attention unless you know that it isn't a normal color. Mainly wanted to get as close to the Nardo Grey Audi/Lambo color as I could
Attached Images

Old 07-18-2016, 01:13 PM   #8
crimsongtp

Drives: 2014 AGM SS/RS 1LE
Nope dont sweat, it looks fantastic.
crimsongtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 02:04 PM   #9
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I like it.

I'm still hesitating to unload my first can of plastidip on something. I've always been horrible at getting an even coat without any runs. I also suck horribly at masking. I guess I just need to keep trying since it's pretty easy to remove at least.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 02:57 PM   #10
camarosspower

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Where do you get all these different colors from?
camarosspower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 03:03 PM   #11
MoeFaux

Drives: 2015 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
I like it.

I'm still hesitating to unload my first can of plastidip on something. I've always been horrible at getting an even coat without any runs. I also suck horribly at masking. I guess I just need to keep trying since it's pretty easy to remove at least.
I plastidipped my wheels about 6 mo ago and I feel the same way with my painting techniques. I am a terrible painter, but my first time spraying my wheels came out awesome! Its very very forgiving and if you screw it up just let it dry, peal up what you did and try again.
MoeFaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 03:31 PM   #12
ytown87

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarosspower View Post
Where do you get all these different colors from?
usually make them all up myself. normally I mix different pearls over different base coats but this time I mixed black and white color tints into gloss to make the color.
Old 07-18-2016, 10:28 PM   #13
angryv6
Lake Erie Monster

Drives: 02 Hyundai Santa Fe and 13 300
That looks freakin awesome, I wish I was closer to Florida. I lack the skill and patience for the art.
Old 07-19-2016, 10:58 AM   #14
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ytown87 View Post
Thanks..i guess?
Not looking for any pop sizzle fizz or bang on this one. Wanted to keep it as simple as possible to just be something different without asking for attention unless you know that it isn't a normal color. Mainly wanted to get as close to the Nardo Grey Audi/Lambo color as I could
Sorry it was kind of a backwards compliment ha. I do like it don't get me wrong and if you were going for the simple look you got it. You also got it pretty close to the Audi/Lambo color. I guess I'm not into simple colors like the grey ha.

Kayla L.
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote