Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 01-01-2016, 03:47 PM   #1
dragonZ28

Drives: 2001 T/A, 2010 2SS/RS, 2006 Z06
Audio Won't turn on

Started the car up, and got an OnStar message about some BS, and then my audio won't work. My radio doesn't work, my bluetooth doesn't work, nothing.

When I turn the volume dial, it says it is changind the phone volume - even when there is no phone connected. The volume is not muted, but the HUD says "Audio Off" and even has the speaker with a marked out symbol. What gives? Anyone else experience this?

For what it's worth, I left the car, set the alarm, and got back in. The problem was still there. I will try to disconnect the battery if it persists. Then, it goes to the dealer.
dragonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 03:49 PM   #2
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
somehow your car is stuck in phone mode, mess with the wheel buttons for phone...but yeah, a 20 min disconnect should get it...
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 04:15 PM   #3
LovePhenom
I am a UAW/GM employee.

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS V6
This happened to alot of us last month. Turn the car off, then restart it. It's a glitch in the OnStar promotion
Summit White 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS V6 Auto w/ Adrenaline Red Interior, Red Hash Marks, 20" Machined Face Aluminum Wheels, Convenience & Lighting Package, Performance Exhaust , 8" MyLink w/ Navigation, Sunroof, RS Wheel Caps, GlowTie, Splash Guards, Red LGX Engine Cover, All Weather Premium Floor Mats, Cargo Mat, Red Knee Bolsters, Black Front Fascia Extension, RS Floor Console Lid, Red MGP Caliper Covers, ZL1 AddOns Tow Hook, 2017 ZL1 Spoiler.

Coming
Soon:

LovePhenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 05:42 PM   #4
dragonZ28

Drives: 2001 T/A, 2010 2SS/RS, 2006 Z06
It seems that shutting the car off for a few minutes fixed the problem. This should be fixed, though. I also find that my iPod randomly can't be found as a device, and it is slow to skip between .mp3s
dragonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 12:52 PM   #5
camaro1&6

Drives: 67camaro 69Nova C6
I had the same issue today! , on star message then my radio stopped working. Not sure if anyone else has this but the power to the radio and lighting wouldn't shut off also , I went into trunk and unhooked negative to battery and everything went back to normal. Going to take in for first service this week coming see if there's any service bulletin. Hopefully isn't going to be a consistent issue thinking about shutting on star off!.
camaro1&6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 03:04 PM   #6
Camaro25

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT RS
I was actually going to come here and post this question. I was out and about today and when I came out of the store I got into my car and the Onstar promotion came on. When it was over I made a phone call and after I was finished I went to turn on my radio. Nothing. Phone volume was what it showed when I turned up the volume on my radio. I tried turning blu tooth off, I turned the phone off. Turned the car off and restarted it and nothing. When I got home I let the car sit for about an hour and I went back out and tried it and the radio was fine.

1987 White Sport Coupe
1992 White Z28
2013 Black 2LS
2016 Hyper Blue 1LT RS
Camaro25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 10:46 AM   #7
BrandX
Camaro Again?

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
It is the Onstar promotion...the Onstar rep told me there will probably be other promotion messages....I told them to shut off my Onstar even though I am still in the "free" period. I will say the rep did have me press some button/symbol on the mirror and it disconnected the call and everything returned to normal.

They refused to shut Onstar down and said they will "opt out" my car from receiving promotion messages.

I hate, hate, hate Onstar.
Old 01-03-2016, 11:24 AM   #8
Camaro25

Did they just start doing these promotion messages? I had Onstar in my 2013 Camaro and this is the first time I've heard one.

1987 White Sport Coupe
1992 White Z28
2013 Black 2LS
2016 Hyper Blue 1LT RS
Old 01-03-2016, 11:57 AM   #9
jimmypop13

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
I picked up my car on December 5th and haven't received any promotional message. For people that received it, did ur dealer push the OnStar button when u were leaving with the car to make sure someone spoke to u and set up ur account? Mine did
jimmypop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 12:28 PM   #10
Camaro25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmypop13 View Post
I picked up my car on December 5th and haven't received any promotional message. For people that received it, did ur dealer push the OnStar button when u were leaving with the car to make sure someone spoke to u and set up ur account? Mine did
Yep. I pushed the button and set everything up.

1987 White Sport Coupe
1992 White Z28
2013 Black 2LS
2016 Hyper Blue 1LT RS
Old 01-06-2016, 06:39 PM   #11
priusowners

Drives: 67LincolnConv 71Cuda 65CorvairConv
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonZ28 View Post
Started the car up, and got an OnStar message about some BS, and then my audio won't work. My radio doesn't work, my bluetooth doesn't work, nothing.

When I turn the volume dial, it says it is changind the phone volume - even when there is no phone connected. The volume is not muted, but the HUD says "Audio Off" and even has the speaker with a marked out symbol. What gives? Anyone else experience this?

For what it's worth, I left the car, set the alarm, and got back in. The problem was still there. I will try to disconnect the battery if it persists. Then, it goes to the dealer.
Try a cold boot?
priusowners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 10:38 AM   #12
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonZ28 View Post

Call Onstar. This happened to me on another GM car. They walked me through a reboot that didn't require disconnecting the battery.

Also I told them not to send me any more unsolicited messages. So far, haven't received any. We'll see...
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote