Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-17-2015, 03:23 PM   #1
Badfinger

Drives: 2010 2SS
Where Are The Videos From All Those Black Friday Retro Catbacks????

Where are you guys? Hasn't anyone installed them yet? We need an update. ]
Badfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 02:15 PM   #2
CamaroLivesForever

Drives: 45 anniversary camaro
There was an advertising issue do to the boxes being labeled wrong. The systems that they sold turned out to be for conecting to Stainless Works headers if I'm not mistaken, however Scoggin Dickey is getting the conect conection pipes and shipping them to the people who need them for use with factory manifolds and cats. They are doing this at their cost, they seem to be a real stand up business that stands behind their sales
CamaroLivesForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 08:16 PM   #3
Chuckem12

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS (2SS/RS)
I'm waiting to see when the connection pipes are shipped out... been a couple weeks since contacted and haven't heard of when they might be shipping out the connectors. In the mean time, I did go out to Advance Auto Parts and found a couple 3"-2.5" reducers which I might use if the company doesn't come through..... figured if anything I'd use a piece of the oem tubing for the reducers. Hopefully won't come to that but it was an easy find and cheap (about $5 each) plus the clamps for both sides. Here's hoping to hear something soon though
Chuckem12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 01:50 PM   #4
CamaroLivesForever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckem12 View Post
I'm waiting to see when the connection pipes are shipped out... been a couple weeks since contacted and haven't heard of when they might be shipping out the connectors. In the mean time, I did go out to Advance Auto Parts and found a couple 3"-2.5" reducers which I might use if the company doesn't come through..... figured if anything I'd use a piece of the oem tubing for the reducers. Hopefully won't come to that but it was an easy find and cheap (about $5 each) plus the clamps for both sides. Here's hoping to hear something soon though
I called them today and they said that it took a while to contact everyone who ordered the exhaust from them to get a count on how many sets of conection pipes to order. They are expecting the pipes around Wednesday and said they will call when they ship them out, I assume to give tracking numbers.
Old 12-21-2015, 05:33 PM   #5
Chuckem12

I got a call not too long ago saying the connectors were in!! Hopefully they get here before next friday (last day of vacation) otherwise i'll be waiting for a couple more weeks :(
Old 12-21-2015, 07:53 PM   #6
Ashn4it

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray LS3 M6 (SOLD)
I received my connector pipes on Sat, I live in CA. Very happy with this company on how they stood by their customers, very cool of them!
Ashn4it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 04:36 PM   #7
Badfinger

I'm really happy that it's going to work out for you guys and it speaks volumes about this company! Well done!
When this deal came down, it was late like the last minutes of the sale with only 2 sets left. I had a set in the cart and ready to click when I began thinking about what it was going to take to complete the installation on my car.
I currently have a 2.5" systems and even though this is a great price if I bought it I would have to change everything to 3" including the connect pipe and HF cats or " off road pipe" and it was too much.
Old 12-22-2015, 04:52 PM   #8
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Does anyone know if using a 2.5 inch connection instead of a full 3 inch exhaust changes the sound? (Talking about if u have headers and highflow cats since they are 3 inch)
Old 12-22-2015, 05:18 PM   #9
Badfinger

I don't know but I doubt going from a 2.5" cat to a 3" pipe would make a noticeable difference in sound as compared to a full 3" system. It would slow the exhaust gasses down after the transition and that would affect tuning and performance. I'm not sure how much and maybe it's insignificant, I don't know.
Old 12-22-2015, 06:51 PM   #10
CamaroLivesForever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashn4it View Post
I received my connector pipes on Sat, I live in CA. Very happy with this company on how they stood by their customers, very cool of them!
That's great! Hopefully they will be giving me a call soon. They are handling the situation the best they can given the situation, they might very well have some return customers after this.
Old 12-24-2015, 04:02 PM   #11
Chuckem12

I received my pipes today (Christmas Eve)!! SDParts will definitely get some repeat business from me. I'll probably install this weekend! Thanks SDParts.com and FedEx (for delivering on this day)!
Old 12-25-2015, 10:20 AM   #12
CamaroLivesForever

My pipes must have arrived yesterday evening, just found them on the porch!! Best gift ever! Merry Christmas guys!!
Old 12-25-2015, 03:21 PM   #13
Chuckem12

So, I installed the catback and pipes this afternoon. In doing so, I noticed a couple things.....
1: all you need is a ratchet and a size 15mm socket (best to have a hammer drill and a midlength socket
2: The slip-join clamps are SOOO much nicer than the bolts and flanges attachement found on other cars
3: after the x-pipe and long pipe you can start tightening everything as from that point you can use the angle of the tubing to make adjustments.
4: the angle of the final elbow will make/vary the height of your tips in reference to the rear bumper/valance.
5: Don't forget the spacers for the center brace bracket.
6: The jack locations for a floor jack work very well. The rear jack stand positions are not great for height purposes. You're better off getting some ramps or building some (great idea for some on this forum).
7: If you are using your driveway as a work area, when you jack up the rear the front will come up too.... you'll need some good chocks.
8: A jack stand will help support the pipes as you work section to section.
9: You COULD do it yourself but a helping hand will definitely make things go faster (especially in a drive way)
10: WD40 or Torque Break or anything like that is not really needed if you have no rust visible on the bolts.... but its nice to have and makes things smooth.

I haven't taken a video but I will and once I learn how to upload it here I will. Overall the job is relatively easy... only time consuing since limited space of a drive way and jack/jack stands. If you have a lift you can easily do this in about 30 minutes. In the driveway with hand tools it took us a little over an hour (the space was the only limiting factor). Great afternoon project or great way to begin working on your own car.
Old 12-25-2015, 03:37 PM   #14
Ashn4it

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray LS3 M6 (SOLD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckem12 View Post
So, I installed the catback and pipes this afternoon. In doing so, I noticed a couple things.....
1: all you need is a ratchet and a size 15mm socket (best to have a hammer drill and a midlength socket
2: The slip-join clamps are SOOO much nicer than the bolts and flanges attachement found on other cars
3: after the x-pipe and long pipe you can start tightening everything as from that point you can use the angle of the tubing to make adjustments.
4: the angle of the final elbow will make/vary the height of your tips in reference to the rear bumper/valance.
5: Don't forget the spacers for the center brace bracket.
6: The jack locations for a floor jack work very well. The rear jack stand positions are not great for height purposes. You're better off getting some ramps or building some (great idea for some on this forum).
7: If you are using your driveway as a work area, when you jack up the rear the front will come up too.... you'll need some good chocks.
8: A jack stand will help support the pipes as you work section to section.
9: You COULD do it yourself but a helping hand will definitely make things go faster (especially in a drive way)
10: WD40 or Torque Break or anything like that is not really needed if you have no rust visible on the bolts.... but its nice to have and makes things smooth.

I haven't taken a video but I will and once I learn how to upload it here I will. Overall the job is relatively easy... only time consuing since limited space of a drive way and jack/jack stands. If you have a lift you can easily do this in about 30 minutes. In the driveway with hand tools it took us a little over an hour (the space was the only limiting factor). Great afternoon project or great way to begin working on your own car.

Appreciate the info! Mine is going on Tuesday this will help. I'm not going to be able to get my headers until end of April so it will be nice to at least get this on, then attach the headers at that point.

Post a clip if you can! Thx again
1997 C5 LS1 Corvette (SOLD)
1985 C4 L98 Corvette (SOLD)
1967 Camaro RS/SS 383 sb (STOLEN)
Ashn4it is offline   Reply With Quote