Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 08-12-2016, 12:02 AM   #1
ItsMTsmurf

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Deffective display 2016 camaro??

Bought my camaro ss almost 2 months ago and it has a deffective display. Its just black screen and I cant use any of the features it has. I took it to the dealer immedietly and they kept it for two days to call me and say they cant fix it and need to order a new unit. Its been a month and a half and they have no details about when they will get the part. Its being shipped from a supplier to GM then to my dealer. Anyone have to deal with this? How long am I supposed to wait? Any way to speed this up or get a replacement car? I emailed them a two days ago for an update and just got ignored. Who else can I speak with since it was their service manager who ignored my email. I spoke with him 2 weeks ago and he gave me the usual bs that its his top priority blah blah blah...... not the first time these guys have ignored me and Its made me loose all patience.
ItsMTsmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 12:43 AM   #2
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMTsmurf View Post
Bought my camaro ss almost 2 months ago and it has a deffective display. Its just black screen and I cant use any of the features it has. I took it to the dealer immedietly and they kept it for two days to call me and say they cant fix it and need to order a new unit. Its been a month and a half and they have no details about when they will get the part. Its being shipped from a supplier to GM then to my dealer. Anyone have to deal with this? How long am I supposed to wait? Any way to speed this up or get a replacement car? I emailed them a two days ago for an update and just got ignored. Who else can I speak with since it was their service manager who ignored my email. I spoke with him 2 weeks ago and he gave me the usual bs that its his top priority blah blah blah...... not the first time these guys have ignored me and Its made me loose all patience.
I just went through this for a month!!!!! I feel for you brother read my prior thread ( BEWARE 17 OWNERS, WHAT A DAY!!!!!!!!! ) And by the way this will be moved to a different category. Just a heads up good luck. All your answers will be provided in this thread
Old 08-12-2016, 01:02 AM   #3
Camaro25

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT RS
Mine started acting funny for a day or so before going totally black. Took it into the dealer and they had it up and running in a couple hours. They told me there was a recall on them.

1987 White Sport Coupe
1992 White Z28
2013 Black 2LS
2016 Hyper Blue 1LT RS
Camaro25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 09:05 AM   #4
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDawn View Post
I was one of the first to have this issue awhile back! I remember it went black and I was unable to use any of the settings! I had to take her in which took them a little over a week to fix the problem. They needed to special order the unit!

I have a feeling 100s are having this issue but only few of us report it.
Think there are two issues. One the screen goes blank and stays like that (requiring replacement). Two some (including me) have myLink "stay in sleep mode" on a restart. Sometimes after a remote start, sometimes after idling, no clear pattern yet. That issue does fix it self after sitting (powered off) for 15-20mins it seems.

I have heard only a few cases of issue 1. Issue 2 is more prevalent.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 09:08 AM   #5
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
A month and a half for lack of parts supply qualifies in every state for lemon law....just a thought. Look in your owners manual for how to proceed.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 07:48 PM   #6
ItsMTsmurf

My dealer didnt even fully put my display unit back together. I found two nut/bolts in my cup holder when I went to pick it back up. I can hear the radio and control it through the steeting wheel. The backup camera activates once but then goes to a black screen and sometimes even that no signial fuzzy looking screen. My dealer tried to re-instal the mylink software and it did nothing so ordered a new unit. One month and a half later im still here waiting for a date as to when they even get the part.

Ill keep you guys updated on a fix and see if this is a big recal for the new gens.
Old 08-31-2016, 12:10 PM   #7
TatsuSensei

Drives: 2016 RS Hyper Blue
Twice so far the display has gone black on me. and the USB port doesn't work.

This link worked for me. But it should not be this way......

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/36-ge...n-how-fix.html

Edit -- after the 5 min wait it came back up and worked fine is what I am getting at.
TatsuSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 12:12 PM   #8
SuperSound

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatsuSensei View Post
Twice so far the display has gone black on me. and the USB port doesn't work.

This link worked for me. But it should not be this way......

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/36-ge...n-how-fix.html

Edit -- after the 5 min wait it came back up and worked fine is what I am getting at.
Interesting. Pretty much the same thing I did but I did lock the car and let it set about 20 mins.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Old 08-31-2016, 12:16 PM   #9
TatsuSensei

Drives: 2016 RS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Interesting. Pretty much the same thing I did but I did lock the car and let it set about 20 mins.

I am sorry man I somehow missed your post on this....

So it didn't matter if you locked the doors it seems. Which is good cause I hate leaving my car unlocked.

Is this my link running a windows CE as well? If so that could explain the issue.....
TatsuSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 12:40 PM   #10
SuperSound

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatsuSensei View Post
I am sorry man I somehow missed your post on this....

So it didn't matter if you locked the doors it seems. Which is good cause I hate leaving my car unlocked.

Is this my link running a windows CE as well? If so that could explain the issue.....
Pretty sure it wasn't windows. It uses something open source but can't remember which.

Old 09-07-2016, 10:27 PM   #11
Gregataustin

2016 2SS. I have the same exact problem. Drove it to work, everything was fine. I came out to go home, black screen of death. My car has 9640 miles on it and I can say I'm a little pissed off. This thing has seen the shop more times in 4 months than my Surburban did in 7 years. The shop is nice at the very least which is a plus since I spend more time there than almost anywhere else it seems. I'm going to attempt to force them into lifetime replacements on it since it's got numerous threads on how shitty the Mylink is. Since they only use the best and highest quality modules it should be an easy sell.
Gregataustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 10:49 PM   #12
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregataustin View Post
2016 2SS. I have the same exact problem. Drove it to work, everything was fine. I came out to go home, black screen of death. My car has 9640 miles on it and I can say I'm a little pissed off. This thing has seen the shop more times in 4 months than my Surburban did in 7 years. The shop is nice at the very least which is a plus since I spend more time there than almost anywhere else it seems. I'm going to attempt to force them into lifetime replacements on it since it's got numerous threads on how shitty the Mylink is. Since they only use the best and highest quality modu

les it should be an easy sell.
Goid luck to all of you I just went through this bukk crap with my 17 and only had it for a week. I got it back not to long ago and with extreme rage and damn near terrorist actions I got them to make a car paymentbIt was extremely humiliating for me.
Old 09-13-2016, 08:39 PM   #13
ItsMTsmurf

It took nearly two months to get mine fixed. The dealer told me the manufacture somewhere overseas had an earthquake that messed up the machine that makes the display unit. Sounds like a bunch a bs but if it true good luck on anyone waiting for a replacement part. Bright side is my dealer knew how made I was and Im getting $1,000 (two car payments) along with black badges and full weather proof floot mats.
Old 09-28-2016, 08:30 PM   #14
yttocs5ooo

Drives: 1991 Z28, 1992 Z28 , 2016 SS
had this happen to mine the other day, unplugged the battery for 10 minutes and so far so good. the screen was black but the touch features still worked for the radio stations.
yttocs5ooo is offline   Reply With Quote