#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 08-14-2014, 04:13 PM   #1835
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
What, NHRA has a special compound exclusively theirs, that VHT doesn't sell to others?! Or, maybe a super-secret stick-em sauce they ONLY sell to MOPAR?!

You DID see the photos taken @ the Mopar press event @ PIR, didn't you? CONCRETE launch pad covered in a BLACK substance from side-to-side per lane?

1) Was that BLACK substance VHT, or Aunt Jemima Molasses?

2) NO cameras trained on the finish line scoreboards...NONE!

3) NO 6-speed times...from ANYONE ANYWHERE...

Hellcats, with BOTH transmissions, are currently in the hands of a widespread band of "automotive writers" for various and sundry media outlets (and have been since PIR), yet NO ONE has posted another 11.40-something slip...or an 11.50-something slip...and CERTAINLY NOT an 11.20-something slip...NONE!

How do YOU spell "HEAP OF HYPE"? Or is it HEEP OF HIPE? Or...
VHT is not black. It is closer to the color of medium molasses.

The black is rubber from previous runs. VHT only has an effective life of about 90 minutes once sprayed, it needs to be reapplied and dragged after that.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 04:14 PM   #1836
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Wait til they're out and in the general population... you'll see plenty of 11.20 runs, and probably a lot slower than that too... but that doesn't mean they can't run the number. Go to any track in the country on test n tune night to see ZL1's run 13's, SS's run mid 14's. Doesn't mean that's all they'll do...it just means some folks need lots of practice to wring out everything their cars are capable of. I'm sure the few folks who've actually ran a hellcat down the 1/4 mile weren't given a dozen tries to get their best time. There's a lot more to getting your best numbers than just mashing the gas, and every car/track responds differently. If folks are getting 11.40's out of them in their first try or 2, you can bet there are even better times to come...Not that 11.40's aren't quick already!
Old 08-14-2014, 04:14 PM   #1837
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Sun View Post
You sound furious right now.

Not at all. But it IS very curious that soooooo much attention is being paid, by so many not normally a part of this site, just to come HERE and "discuss" this car ad nauseum...

I never thought I'll see a dodge car get 70 plus pages on a camaro forum even considering its the general discussion thread
Nor I...you don't see this at Ford-Mustang sites. Or anywhere "off-base". But we see it here.

Why?
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 04:21 PM   #1838
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
VHT is not black. It is closer to the color of medium molasses.

The black is rubber from previous runs. VHT only has an effective life of about 90 minutes once sprayed, it needs to be reapplied and dragged after that.
Man, they must have been running REALLY WIDE TIRES here, just before the Mopar event... One of the journalists, there, said he made the mistake of wearing flip-flops...and continually walked right out of them...
Attached Images

LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 04:25 PM   #1839
Col. Brain

Drives: 2012 Ram 1980 Malibu
Quote:
Good to see you saw the pics on the previous page...the ONLY pics anywhere of an 11.40 run...as referenced. Try and keep up...

Then how do YOU know exactly the state of the track and its prep? Or anyone else not there that night?

Conjecture. Supposition. Guess.
If you have been to GLD at night once. You have been there 100 times.

It never changes. I have going there for almost 25 years now.

Are you basing a 1 time hunch that the track owners actually gave a flying fudge about the Hellcat enough to spray everything they had on the track that night to make it back up its so called "hero" run?

I can tell you right now - that car given the same air quality will run a lot quicker at rt 66 in joliet.

Everyone around here does (no illinois/s wisc/chicagoland) its not conjecture its fact. And most racers have timeslips to back it up.
Col. Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 04:26 PM   #1840
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Man, they must have been running REALLY WIDE TIRES here, just before the Mopar event...
So how much time have you spent in drag racing?

VHT is glue, and what you're seeing is a combination of very old vht, rubber, dirt, dust, fluids etc.

They don't take it down to bare pavement when reapplying VHT
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:09 PM   #1841
HEMI DAVE

Drives: 2016 Z06, 2015 Hellcat Challenger,
Quote:
What, NHRA has a special compound exclusively theirs, that VHT doesn't sell to others?! Or, maybe a super-secret stick-em sauce they ONLY sell to MOPAR?!

You DID see the photos taken @ the Mopar press event @ PIR, didn't you? CONCRETE launch pad covered in a BLACK substance from side-to-side per lane?

1) Was that BLACK substance VHT, or Aunt Jemima Molasses?

2) NO cameras trained on the finish line scoreboards...NONE!

3) NO 6-speed times...from ANYONE ANYWHERE...

Hellcats, with BOTH transmissions, are currently in the hands of a widespread band of "automotive writers" for various and sundry media outlets (and have been since PIR), yet NO ONE has posted another 11.40-something slip...or an 11.50-something slip...and CERTAINLY NOT an 11.20-something slip...NONE!

How do YOU spell "HEAP OF HYPE"? Or is it HEEP OF HIPE? Or...
This comes packaged with the touch up paint for every Hellcat

.............It's NHRA certified
Attached Images

Old 08-14-2014, 10:25 PM   #1842
rayzazoo

Drives: Challenger SRT Hellcat
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket403 View Post
11.40 and 11.43 slips were posted for the Auto.
And these times were achieved by Joe Bruzek, A cars.com road test editor; as in average joe weekend racer and not professional driver.
rayzazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:33 PM   #1843
1987GNX
Account Suspended

The Hellokitty is pretty good at blowing smoke up everyone's ass....most dealers are demanding a 15k DOWN PAYMENT that's not even being able to order it yet....and only 5k of the down payment goes towards the final price...

They can't even make their main 3 trims reliable get ready for Hellokitties to start breaking down.

1987GNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:33 PM   #1844
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
In his comments he said that if they had some more time with the car they would have done better, and that they felt that getting to 11.2 was not a problem.
rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:36 PM   #1845
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
Hellcat ordering opened July 23 in Canada some dealers that I know are selling at MSRP, others I have been told are asking for extra.
rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:35 PM   #1846
Runin11z

Drives: 11 CGM 2RS-SS
Lowdown is just venting... Lol and these others are in disbelief... I'm sure once enthusiasts get the Hellcat we are going to see hero runs surpassing the manufacturers 1320 time on those narrow 275s..

It's great to see the pick and choose bunch here as to where the claims of the ZL1 running into the 11's yet no magazine test on the ZL1 ran 11s.. For me there is no doubt the ZL1 is the more well rounded car and a great GT car.. Where it lacks in brute strength it makes up in how easy it is to live with on a daily basis..

As for the Hellcat it's the king of the muscle cars (for the time being)... Being as in true muscle car fashion it has a ton of power and runs a quick 1320'... I give SRT credit for stepping up, I also give GM credit for making the ZL1 and trying to cross the muscle car over into a broader range..
2011 Camaro Ls3 CGM stock
Runin11z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:27 AM   #1847
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Good to see you saw the pics on the previous page...the ONLY pics anywhere of an 11.40 run...as referenced. Try and keep up...

Were YOU there the night the 11.40 was run? No?

Then how do YOU know exactly the state of the track and its prep? Or anyone else not there that night?

How do you even know if, in fact, it was the car pictured that ran the time?

There's no concurrent video, is there?

Conjecture. Supposition. Guess.
First, no I was not there, But i have raced at GLD well over 100 times. I have said it before on event days the track prep is good, not great. On test n tune nights they do what is required and that is about it. I don't know how else to tell you that GLD isn't exactly the greatest track out there. Hell there used to be a dip in the right lane around the 1000' mark IIRC (dont know if they fixed it)

Oh and mr. Lowdown, here is the video

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeltFed View Post
Cars.com tested the Hellcat at a drag strip, on stock street tires, and provided the timeslips. 11.40's consistent 1/4 mile:
http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2...the-strip.html

I know it is not an 11.2, but considering it is the peak of summer, and maybe some DA considerations, an 11.2 is definitely feasible... ...on stock tires.

Corresponding vid:

shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 12:50 PM   #1848
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
We done?

Tags
dodge, hellcat, horsepower, srt