Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 03-05-2014, 09:23 AM   #43
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
I'll bet this color will move fewer units than ABM did.
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:29 AM   #44
RallyYellowPlease

Drives: 2015 Camaro LT/RS
A darker shade of purple would have been better.

But I don't think it's too bad. Add some black rims/ black strips and it works. Picture the 1LE package on that color. It's really not that bad.
RallyYellowPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:42 AM   #45
AlexM

Drives: Used to be 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
My personal opinion: color apart, the more I look at the 2014 model the more I dislike the facelift... Only thing I can live with is the hood heat extractor...

BEE used to have
MyLink with NAV
Black 10 spoke FR41 wheels (ZL1 Replica)
Roto-fab CF CAI / Scoop and Washer Bottle Relocation KIT
Vmax yellow painted ported TB
Solo HF Cats with Kooks 2.5" catback
SLP Replica Spliter, CF Stripes and CF bowties
Hawk ceramic brake pads
OEM Strut Tower Brace - Yellow Plastidip
Range device - AFM Delete
Halo/DRL Harness (Halo/DRL on day and night while driving)
Engine Cover/Air Compressor Delete
AlexM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:55 AM   #46
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Another dark dingy color from GM.....
Why not lighter colors like a gold or silver blue ?
Old 03-05-2014, 09:59 AM   #47
Childs Play
Pizza & Wings Only $12.99

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Everybody needs something to complain about I guess. The ignorance in a lot of these posts make me sad. I don't know how some people can be the biggest wieners on here.

It's a color. Don't like it? Don't buy it. These are the same people that bitch about there not being a blue color and then when it comes out, they don't buy it and the sales numbers are so low GM discontinues it. And then those people complain again.

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6
2017 Camaro 2SS M6
Childs Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:15 AM   #48
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
I still hate it. The color does nothing for me.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:31 AM   #49
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childs Play View Post
Everybody needs something to complain about I guess. The ignorance in a lot of these posts make me sad. I don't know how some people can be the biggest wieners on here.

It's a color. Don't like it? Don't buy it. These are the same people that bitch about there not being a blue color and then when it comes out, they don't buy it and the sales numbers are so low GM discontinues it. And then those people complain again.
Show and explain the examples of ignorance please. If you get sad over people's opinions on paint colors, then you will really be depressed when the real-world problems come along.

Like you said, it's a color and you can buy it or not, but people have opinions about it. Not like yours is any better than anyone else's. The only 5th Gen color of blue IMO that had a real shot was Kinetic Blue, and look what they did to that- limited it. The marketing team fugged it up for ABM by those horrid pamphlet and internet swatches that chased people away from it. I didn't really like it because it was more teal blue than blue, but it was better than most other blues.

So how many people were asking for Dark Magenta vs any good-looking blue? Can you name them? Those that did got their wish, why not the pro-blue crowd? Or the potential dark green crap that may be coming next year. I used to think Camaros looked good in any color. I found out very recently that I was wrong.

One of the issues is that when GM puts out a color, be it this one or any color that remotely resembles blue, it's usually not a complimenting shade.

Sure, you don't have to buy the color. But why does GM offer colors that for the most part generally suck? I think their paint selection team isn't talking to anyone that cares about the colors. Maybe they're basing decisions on how well it hides paint chips. Who knows what they're thinking?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:34 AM   #50
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
Looks like a Skittle
Old 03-05-2014, 11:15 AM   #51
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
I personally wouldn't put that color on anything I own, but I don't hate it. I'd like to see GM expand the color palete even further as I feel they've gotten a bit stoic with the color options as of late. I don't get why so many people get upset about pointless shit like this, that impact thier lives in no way whatsoever. The theory here is b/c I don't like it, no one else should be allowed to own it?

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:23 AM   #52
Childs Play
Pizza & Wings Only $12.99

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
Show and explain the examples of ignorance please. If you get sad over people's opinions on paint colors, then you will really be depressed when the real-world problems come along.

Like you said, it's a color and you can buy it or not, but people have opinions about it. Not like yours is any better than anyone else's. The only 5th Gen color of blue IMO that had a real shot was Kinetic Blue, and look what they did to that- limited it. The marketing team fugged it up for ABM by those horrid pamphlet and internet swatches that chased people away from it. I didn't really like it because it was more teal blue than blue, but it was better than most other blues.

So how many people were asking for Dark Magenta vs any good-looking blue? Can you name them? Those that did got their wish, why not the pro-blue crowd? Or the potential dark green crap that may be coming next year. I used to think Camaros looked good in any color. I found out very recently that I was wrong.

One of the issues is that when GM puts out a color, be it this one or any color that remotely resembles blue, it's usually not a complimenting shade.

Sure, you don't have to buy the color. But why does GM offer colors that for the most part generally suck? I think their paint selection team isn't talking to anyone that cares about the colors. Maybe they're basing decisions on how well it hides paint chips. Who knows what they're thinking?
I personally vote for the ability to paint one fender yellow, the hood red and the rest of the car green.

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6
2017 Camaro 2SS M6
Childs Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:39 AM   #53
GRAHL
workaholic

Drives: 69 SS Lemans Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post

Take a deep breath. Despite your opinion some people will like this color, and good for them. Like you said, worry about "real world" problems and don't embarrass yourself with ranting.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:55 AM   #54
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Looks better than Yellow.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:07 PM   #55
2SS 2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 Black
I'm Disgusted with the ignorance of GM lol
2SS 2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:11 PM   #56
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
I'll bet this color will move fewer units than ABM did.
they probably will make fewer units as well.