Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-17-2014, 07:52 PM   #197
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Haven't noticed a comment yet but these are not pics in the wild. They are pics from above of a non plated vehicle. I'm guessing someone violated a few rules with an aircraft or helicopter to get these pics from the proving grounds.
Well I did ask in another thread if anyone had access to a drone..... Someone must have responded
Old 07-17-2014, 07:53 PM   #198
oklapike

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary SS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
Or its a intentional leak.....
Which is entirely possible, considering all the recent Mustang news.
oklapike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:56 PM   #199
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
The mustangs start building this week and dodge lets the hellcat price out. It was for sure on purpose
Old 07-17-2014, 08:05 PM   #200
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I'm worried that it may look too "much" different.
I see this profile. Forget the deep dished doors and the stupid front and rear that appeared with this concept originally. The rear glass and side profile.
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:06 PM   #201
smggugfaw

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
Hey all! Long time lurker that had to sign up because I have seen one part of this car somewhere before.

The wheels.

Here's a screen shot from last week's episode of Motor City Masters:

Check the wheels on the car behind Edward on the right side of the screen. They look like the same thing as the wheels in the spy shots to me.

And the shape of that car sure seems awfully similar to some of the renderings we've seen. Like this one:

And if you look at the following shot especially, I think it might be easy to see how a vehicle that's something in the ball park of the Motor City Masters or the above rendering could be underneath all of that came with a bit of padding a 5th gen fascia (adding a little of the length) and the current trunk lid (which as mentioned earlier in this thread is clearly over hanging the actual length of the back end):

Pure speculation, but as soon as I relaized where I had seen those wheels it all sort of made sense.

Although, I have to admit that design feels like more than an 'evolution' of the current design to me.
smggugfaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:09 PM   #202
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Haven't noticed a comment yet but these are not pics in the wild. They are pics from above of a non plated vehicle. I'm guessing someone violated a few rules with an aircraft or helicopter to get these pics from the proving grounds.
Drone

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:32 PM   #203
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
Quote:
Originally Posted by smggugfaw View Post
Hey all! Long time lurker that had to sign up because I have seen one part of this car somewhere before.

The wheels.

Check the wheels on the car behind Edward on the right side of the screen. They look like the same thing as the wheels in the spy shots to me.

And the shape of that car sure seems awfully similar to some of the renderings we've seen. Like this one:

And if you look at the following shot especially, I think it might be easy to see how a vehicle that's something in the ball park of the Motor City Masters or the above rendering could be underneath all of that came with a bit of padding a 5th gen fascia (adding a little of the length) and the current trunk lid (which as mentioned earlier in this thread is clearly over hanging the actual length of the back end):

Pure speculation, but as soon as I relaized where I had seen those wheels it all sort of made sense.

Although, I have to admit that design feels like more than an 'evolution' of the current design to me.
If I am not mistaken, that car in the back is a Corvette Stingray, and those are the Z51 wheels. The only reason I say that is because my uncle has a black one.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:35 PM   #204
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
Quote:
Originally Posted by smggugfaw View Post

The wheels.

TADA- 2014 Corvette Stingray 3LT Z51

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-17-2014, 08:42 PM   #205
MikeT

Drives: 2008 Malibu V6
Anyone care to guess the length?
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:44 PM   #206
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Oh Man they've ruined it with changing the tail lights and now it's not a Camaro anymore!

I couldn't resist.

As long as I can go whoop a$$ on some of the competition it's all good.

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:44 PM   #207
xXSicSicSicXx

Drives: 14 1LE
doubt it will look anything like this
xXSicSicSicXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:50 PM   #208
smggugfaw

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
Cool, thanks.

So these spy shots show a Camaro that's using the same style wheels as a Z51?

Hmmm.
smggugfaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:52 PM   #209
WR1123

Drives: 2014 camaro LT RS
Send a message via MSN to WR1123 Send a message via Yahoo to WR1123
I don't care what people say but. for me that's is enough reason to be the first person who get the 2016 camaro here in miami.
WR1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:54 PM   #210
joelster

Drives: '94 Z28+ '15 Z/28
Someone go over there, take the cover off, snap a few good pics and report back to us!

Ready! GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1979 Y84 Trans Am
1986 IROC-Z
joelster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 camaro spy, 2016 camaro spy photo, 2016 camaro spy photos, 2016 camaro spy pics, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation