#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Photos | Videos | Renderings

AWE Tuning

Old 10-30-2015, 12:18 PM   #29
LilAndyG23

Drives: 1989 Chevrolet C1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmcss View Post
I agree with GMGP5X. The cars are so much better in person than in the pictures.
We saw the blue car together and quickly agreed that the Gen6 car is so much better in person. We also saw a few other differences like diffusers between SS and LT models (Gloss vs flat). Side note: I also noticed that the convertible has a complete different diffuser you can see them in the SEMA edition pics (under the tail pipes).

The Blue is magnificent in person, Chevrolet hit it out of the park on the color. GMGP5X also said that the view out the windshield is much better and I agree. You can see more of the hood and I think you sit lower to the ground (compared to the 5th Gen).

Regarding the 14/15 taillights. I like them more in person especially on the RS models. But, for reality the early 5th Gen takes my heart. I think that the 2016 tail lights are a 100% better design than the 14/15. In my mind I will just skip the 14/15 lights and act like they were never made. Who knows they might be worth more one day, remember the 63 split window vette?
Man the 14-15 were horrible when they first came out but now they r my 100% without a doubt my favorite even over the 6th gen.
LilAndyG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 12:38 PM   #30
huggercamaro21
Sales Manager for Chevy

Drives: Tahoe RST
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAndyG23 View Post
Just a reminder of how ugly the 2010-2013 5th gens are. God-awful. Looks hotwheels-like and outdated. Definitely last decade! Haha it's crazy how fast time flies. The differences are much more obvious and pronounced next to this early 5th gen than it would be next to a 14-15 5th gen.
Still awesome to finally have a good side by side picture and compare the size difference. Very noticeable. Awesome pictures thanks!
Respectfully disagree!
huggercamaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 12:39 PM   #31
huggercamaro21
Sales Manager for Chevy

Drives: Tahoe RST
huh?

Quote:
Man the 14-15 were horrible when they first came out but now they r my 100% without a doubt my favorite even over the 6th gen.
huggercamaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 12:53 PM   #32
Battlezone580

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1969 Nova SS 396
Quote:
Just a reminder of how ugly the 2010-2013 5th gens are. God-awful. Looks hotwheels-like and outdated. Definitely last decade! Haha it's crazy how fast time flies. The differences are much more obvious and pronounced next to this early 5th gen than it would be next to a 14-15 5th gen.
Still awesome to finally have a good side by side picture and compare the size difference. Very noticeable. Awesome pictures thanks!
Aww :( I love the 5th gen and the 6th gen!!

I'm guessing you never owned a 5th gen? Maybe your into the euro kind of look I guess.

18 ZL1 1LE|M6|Nav|PDR|CF Hood|CF WING|CF Dash|Tow Hook|
Battlezone580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 01:07 PM   #33
iPODFAN11

Drives: 2019 Shock ZL1
You can see how much aerodynamics played in the hood shaping and bumper design..

A 14-15 and 16 side by side would be nice to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................
iPODFAN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 04:21 PM   #34
m1tankr

Drives: '69 Camaro RS LM-1
I have to agree with some of the comments here. I went to the Chevy Find New Roads Trip thing this week and they had 6 of the 2016's. A couple of things struck me about them.
The car is noticeably smaller with a shorter roof line. The size is much closer to my '69. I like that.
I really didn't like the rear from the photos, but in person it is nice. Everything on the car looks better in person.
The view out the rear is hardly improved at all. The front view seems slightly better. The interior is much nicer and has moved up a couple of classes in look and feel. It definitely has less room inside. Similar size to the '69. Front seat riders will be happy, not rear seat ones.
The adjustable exhaust must be heard in person. The settings are cool and the track/open exhaust mode sounds AMAZING for an aftermarket exhaust, let alone a factory system. If you hear it, you'll be checking that option box. I like that it has a stealth mode and also has a mode that opens it for a few seconds on start up.
The small size is going to make header installs a lot more difficult.
The overall look is very aggressive and taut (if that makes sense). Almost like they stretched it to fit over the wheels.
The engineers were a blast to talk to, very approachable, excited about the car, and had lots of cool little tidbits to share.
I really like the blue in person. I'm calling it IROC blue as it's very close to that color from my misspent youth in the 80's.
The electronics are impressive also. The wireless recharging, start system, phone integration, screens, etc.
Very nice job on the redesign. I was on the fence until I saw it in person. It seems like it's moved up a couple of classes.
m1tankr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 04:44 PM   #35
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I think the last picture exposes what might be the most awkward angle of the 6th gen, which makes the C pillars look a bit weird. The 5th gen has a more balanced design.

As somebody who has spent about an hour sitting in different 2016 Camaros a few days ago, the car does indeed feel smaller. Not claustrophobically so, but you can tell a few inches of space are missing.

6th gen is squinting and mean as ****, 5th gen is like "yes, its me, I have nothing to prove and am cool as a cucumber."
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 05:00 PM   #36
Vess15

Drives: 2014 Impala LTZ

The 6th gen rear design looks great, but it's somewhat marred by the 3rd brake light on the trunk. Wish Chevy could have place the 3rd brake light inside on the rear deck instead like they did on 2010 - 2013 Camaro models.

Last edited by Vess15; 11-01-2015 at 02:53 AM.
Vess15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 05:35 PM   #37
GMGP5X

Drives: 2011 2LT RS VR 2008 Silverado 2500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vess15 View Post

The 6th gen rear design looks great, but it's somewhat marred by the 3rd brake light on the trunk. Wish Chevy could have place the 3rd break light inside on the rear deck instead like they did on 2010 - 2013 Camaro models.
Agree with the 3rd brake light. You can see my on 5th gen had my window tint guy not cut out for the 3rd brake light. You really can not see it is there until you hit the brakes, but I am sure it is because of some federal reg. on the 6th gen.
2LT RS VR / ARK DTS Cat back exhaust / Roto-Fab CAI / RPI stealth mud guards /Defender works billet chrome door sills/ DIY painted engine cover, trunk corners, and brake rotors / RX catch can / Team LLT badges. Team LLT

Last edited by GMGP5X; 10-31-2015 at 09:28 AM.
GMGP5X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 01:32 AM   #38
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1tankr View Post
I have to agree with some of the comments here. I went to the Chevy Find New Roads Trip thing this week and they had 6 of the 2016's. A couple of things struck me about them.
The car is noticeably smaller with a shorter roof line. The size is much closer to my '69. I like that.
I really didn't like the rear from the photos, but in person it is nice. Everything on the car looks better in person.
The view out the rear is hardly improved at all. The front view seems slightly better. The interior is much nicer and has moved up a couple of classes in look and feel. It definitely has less room inside. Similar size to the '69. Front seat riders will be happy, not rear seat ones.
The adjustable exhaust must be heard in person. The settings are cool and the track/open exhaust mode sounds AMAZING for an aftermarket exhaust, let alone a factory system. If you hear it, you'll be checking that option box. I like that it has a stealth mode and also has a mode that opens it for a few seconds on start up.
The small size is going to make header installs a lot more difficult.
The overall look is very aggressive and taut (if that makes sense). Almost like they stretched it to fit over the wheels.
The engineers were a blast to talk to, very approachable, excited about the car, and had lots of cool little tidbits to share.
I really like the blue in person. I'm calling it IROC blue as it's very close to that color from my misspent youth in the 80's.
The electronics are impressive also. The wireless recharging, start system, phone integration, screens, etc.
Very nice job on the redesign. I was on the fence until I saw it in person. It seems like it's moved up a couple of classes.
I have yet to see the car in person however I know what you mean by saying it looks like the stretch the car over the wheels.

It gives it a really sporty/aggressive stance by doing that, where as the 5th gen from some angles looks portly like a fat women with tiny feet (unless you got bigger wheel models via 1LE, ZL1, and Z/28).

I know that not everyone will agree with this but the 2016 makes the 2010-2013 Camaros look old and dated.

For the 2016 car I think I could even be happy with the 2.0T Camaro (though would push it to 400+BHP).
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 08:56 AM   #39
DancesWithBikers

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
The 6th gen rear design looks great, but it's somewhat marred by the 3rd break light on the trunk. Wish Chevy could have place the 3rd break light inside on the rear deck instead like they did on 2010 - 2013 Camaro models.
The break light is on the dash, aka Check Engine Light!

I agree about the brake light though.
DancesWithBikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 08:57 AM   #40
DancesWithBikers

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMGP5X View Post
Agree with the 3rd brake light. You can see my on 5th gen had my window tint guy not cut out for the 3rd brake light. You really can not see it is there until you hit the brakes, but I am sure it is because of some federal reg. on the 6th gen.
Maybe they did it so they can use the same parts on the hardtop and convertible?

Thanks for the photos, it's the first I've seen the two of them together.
DancesWithBikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 09:31 AM   #41
GMGP5X

Drives: 2011 2LT RS VR 2008 Silverado 2500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DancesWithBikers View Post
The break light is on the dash, aka Check Engine Light!

I agree about the brake light though.
Omg can not believe I did not catch that! I should reframe from posting until I have a second cup of coffee. Lol
2LT RS VR / ARK DTS Cat back exhaust / Roto-Fab CAI / RPI stealth mud guards /Defender works billet chrome door sills/ DIY painted engine cover, trunk corners, and brake rotors / RX catch can / Team LLT badges. Team LLT
GMGP5X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 09:36 AM   #42
iPODFAN11

Drives: 2019 Shock ZL1
Quote:
The 6th gen rear design looks great, but it's somewhat marred by the 3rd break light on the trunk. Wish Chevy could have place the 3rd break light inside on the rear deck instead like they did on 2010 - 2013 Camaro models.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMGP5X View Post
2014 MCE moved the 3rd to the trunk lid, so Gen6 carries that over technically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................
iPODFAN11 is offline   Reply With Quote