Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 09-02-2014, 04:24 PM   #1
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Safety Recall Notice arrived... ?

Just got mine. I figure it's just the infamous GM ignition issue.

I'm just concerned about potential ECM updates or flashes they may do while the car is there (IPF S/C has been installed over a year now).

I have the IPF flasher and have acquainted it with the car, but it worries me that policy probably will require a test drive, etc... after the "repair" and before I could re-flash if needed.

Has anyone already dealt with this issue and provide some insight on what to expect?

Thanks!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 07:44 PM   #2
HP Turbine
Boosted

Drives: 2012 1LT RS... with snails
My dealer told me I had the recall the other day. I said no. They were pretty confused and even reminded me that recalls are free of charge. I also got the letter today

IPS Twin Turbos, Corsa Exhaust, Ported Throttle Body. 461 rwhp 443 rwtq!! *Cameron Hass.ani*
HP Turbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 10:46 PM   #3
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I got the letter today. It went into the trash can.

Of course, I know if the car ever goes back to a dealer they are going to want my keys....
Old 09-02-2014, 10:55 PM   #4
DandDC09

Drives: '10 2LT/RS, '13 Malibu
Got mine today too!
Old 09-02-2014, 11:02 PM   #5
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I got the letter today. It went into the trash can.
Ditto.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 11:33 PM   #6
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Got mine today, didn't bother to open it. Hopefully going to high school with my service guy at the stealership pays off if they try to "force" me to do something I don't want to do.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:09 AM   #7
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Had my car at the dealership for some warranty work on my seat...they asked me if I wanted the recall done and I declined. I dont like the dual key system. 1. ignition key and 2.a remote. I like my all in one key. They made me sign a form declining the work and I was on my way. I go back later this week to have the seat replaced.

They basically told me that because I wasnt 7 feet tall and sitting with the seat all the way up I was good.

As for the Computer flash. I asked them about it when I scheduled the rest of the work on my car, and they told me no....who knows if thats accurate. It doesnt matter to me. They can flash all they want, Ill re-flash before I leave the parking lot.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:36 PM   #8
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Thank you gentlemen! Didn't know they wanted to separate the key from the remote!

BTW for future reference- our key/transponder whatever is immune to the forces of a current MRI machine (magnetic resonance imager). These things will make trash out of your watch, credit cards, cell phone you name it- but the key still works (was kinda holding my breath about this today, thought I had emptied my pockets).

Anyway, I'm keepin' it!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote