Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #1
Gloisgreat

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS IBM w/ tan interior
"Is that your car or your boyfriend's car?"

I told him no, it was my car, but in my head, it played out more like this:

But seriously, how presumptious! For my fellow Camaro5 ladies, do people assume you're driving your significant other's car, or did I just encounter an idiot?
Old 05-12-2012, 05:13 PM   #2
InfernoSS454

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Well no offense but my wife does drive my car sometimes.
Old 05-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #3
InfernoSS454

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
No but seriously I know woman drive camaros and own them too .
Old 05-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #4
Gloisgreat

But if you saw a woman driving ANY car (let alone a sporty car), would you automatically assume that the car doesn't belong to her? And even if this guy thought it, how come the the filter from his brain to his mouth not tell him he was about to assume something silly? I'm in Texas, where on any given day, I can see a woman literally hop down from big ass trucks with lifts, and I still don't assume that isn't her car!
Old 05-12-2012, 05:20 PM   #5
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Absolutely not. Some people are ignorant or should I say "ignant"
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:45 PM   #6
mikeyroche

Drives: 2011 VR Camaro 1SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloisgreat View Post
I told him no, it was my car, but in my head, it played out more like this:

But seriously, how presumptious! For my fellow Camaro5 ladies, do people assume you're driving your significant other's car, or did I just encounter an idiot?
I know it must suck, but the fact is a much higher percentage of men drive Camaro's. When I drive around, such as today I saw many mustangs and half of them were driven by women probably 40+ I have seen a few Camaro's today even one parked beside me at a mall, but I have yet to see a woman driving a Camaro. Obviously being around here I know there are Camaro women who not just drive but own the car... My point is you just don't see many women driving them.... yet

2011 Camaro 1SS with RS - K&N Typhoon CAI, Borla Atak Exhaust, Hawk Performance Ceramic Pads, SLP 'SS' Front Grille Emblem, Blue LED interior lighting, Camaro Victory Red Seatbelt Harness pads NEXT - Corvette LS3 Victory Red Fuel Rail Covers(Awaiting Installation), Window Tinting, Custom Leather Interior.
mikeyroche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:48 PM   #7
BiG_TiMe

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
i have like 2 friends that a girls that drive camaros...they're hotass white girls around my age
Old 05-12-2012, 05:55 PM   #8
Gloisgreat

There are 4 Camaros in my apartment complex, and all four are owned by women!
Old 05-12-2012, 06:00 PM   #9
aron77

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Well the camaro is like a giant shot of testosterone and the male to female ratio is disproportionately male so it is what it is but I bet you look better driving it than us
Mods to date: Black ice-olator, Vmax ported throttle body, doug thorley cat back exhaust, cold air inductions intake, rx catch can, vn 805 18" rims, tinted windows-20% in back and 35% in front, SS front bumper,RK sport spoiler painted gloss black, hood spears, gill inserts, trunk blackout, and bowtie blackouts with autobot. Wish list: GM cup and footwell lighting, t2 or t3 bumper (f that price), fender dashes, and...
aron77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:03 PM   #10
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
Could be a way of finding out if you were single?

BTW up in my part of town it seems more females are in the convertibles than coupes. Or maybe I just notice them more?
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:05 PM   #11
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp2LT View Post
Could be a way of finding out if you were single?
+1
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:06 PM   #12
DropTHAfoos

Drives: 2012 45th 2ss
Actually kind of had a situation like this last night while shopping with my girlfriend. Come back from a store and head into the parking lot to see another camaro parked to mine. I remember telling my girlfriend something along the lines of "look at this guys camaro!" (not really thinking a certain gender was driving it). Of course right as I say that a lady in her 30s walks up and gets in the car. After seeing that MY GIRLFRIEND tells me "oh that must be her boyfriends car..."

And who knows, it could of been her boyfriends, but it could of been hers. All I know is I do see a lot of ladies around here in some great looking camaros, and that's fine by me!
DropTHAfoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:09 PM   #13
Dr. Love

Drives: 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyroche View Post
I know it must suck, but the fact is a much higher percentage of men drive Camaro's. When I drive around, such as today I saw many mustangs and half of them were driven by women probably 40+ I have seen a few Camaro's today even one parked beside me at a mall, but I have yet to see a woman driving a Camaro. Obviously being around here I know there are Camaro women who not just drive but own the car... My point is you just don't see many women driving them.... yet
Around here, there are just as many women who drive Camaros as men. Same with Mustangs. About 50/50.

Dr. Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:10 PM   #14
Cristoff

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS in Red Jewel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloisgreat View Post
But if you saw a woman driving ANY car (let alone a sporty car), would you automatically assume that the car doesn't belong to her? And even if this guy thought it, how come the the filter from his brain to his mouth not tell him he was about to assume something silly? I'm in Texas, where on any given day, I can see a woman literally hop down from big ass trucks with lifts, and I still don't assume that isn't her car!

We have a filter?!? I haven't found mine yet, but I'll bet it's clogged with beer and cheetos...