Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-07-2014, 05:49 PM   #1
Dr. Evil

Drives: 2013 SS
Helping a friend with her 2014 1LT. She is afraid to drive it

UPDATE** SEPT 13TH **

A friend and co-worker of my wife purchased a 2014 Camaro 1LT last September. Since then she has had a myriad of issues. My wife let her know that we had a Camaro and that I used to work on cars years ago. That's what got me involved in this.
She has pretty good notes and copies of the R/O from the dealership. Here is a copy of what the R/O say with my comments in blue from her notes....

09/07/13 1,410 miles
Engine performance, could not duplicate.

09/19/13 (unclear on miles)

03/03/14 6,943 miles
Check engine light on bogs down and light is flashing intermittent bulletin pi1122B
reprogram ECM as needed DOC 3708255

While in drive not manual down shifted by column advise will downshift from pedals in drive normal wont upshift from pedals normal completed
From her notes: She said the car would upshift or downshift using the paddles even of the gear selector was in D and NOT in M. Prior to this the car wasn't driving smoothly and had unusual shifting patterns. She took in in at least twice but the dealership could not reproduce the problem. This went on for several months. Each trip to the dealership resulted in a Cannot Duplicate Problem.

Fan setting on 1,2,3 is making clicking sound advise unable to duplicate.

06/12/14 10,849 miles
Cranks and wont start. CK and advise internal software malfunction in PCM P062B
Replace PCM and reprogram as needed.

They had her car for 7 days for this. Very poor communication from the dealership. She called for an update on day 3, nothing. They called her back on day 7. They still owe her $70 for the tow bill.

07/14/14 11,817 miles
Has rattle from under hood CK and advise unable to duplicate.

A/C wont come on Wont blow. Advise pic with HVAC module DTC U1510. Reprogram HVAC module w/claim 99f71
Note: she would take a picture on her phone showing fan position in the on position with the display on the screen showing off. She was able to get the fan working if she would shut the car off and start it up again.

She still has a rattle from under the car which is getting worse. The HVAC controls still do not work properly. She is really put off by this car and is afraid to drive it. There were multiple trips to the dealership that resulted in nothing more than a We Cant Duplicate the issue. She also mentioned that a service advisor said she may try to get trade in assistance from GM on this. Does anyone have a breakdown on how that works?
FWIW, I have had zero issues with my 2013 and she has 79 service days on her car

Last edited by Dr. Evil; 09-14-2014 at 01:36 PM.
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:23 PM   #2
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
She will never like the car at this point. She should get a car she likes.
Old 08-07-2014, 06:56 PM   #3
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post

09/07/14 1,410 miles

09/19/14 (unclear on miles)
Just a FYI....these dates have not happened yet.
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 07:04 PM   #4
Dr. Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertRS View Post
Just a FYI....these dates have not happened yet.
LOL, I'll go back and change it. I didn't have my reading glasses.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:08 PM   #5
Dr. Evil

I just got back from a test drive in her car.
It has an intermittent rattle from what sounds like exhaust shield.

It will shift gears using the paddle shifters even of the gear selector is in D. I don't know if that is normal or not though. I know my wifes equinox does not do that, you have to have it in M to use the paddle shifters. Her Malibu was the same way.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:14 PM   #6
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
This is what makes ppl not like GM cars ! They definitely need to fix all or give her a new one!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 07:21 PM   #7
Homer2

Drives: 50th Anni.. coming home 11/01
Yes, you can shift with paddle shifters while car in D.
Homer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 07:53 PM   #8
RobertRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer2 View Post
Yes, you can shift with paddle shifters while car in D.
^^^This. Ours does it. Unless it's broke too, seems you're down to an exhaust shield or some other rattle. And yea, those paddle shifters can be easily bumped accidently if you're not used to having them. Especially if you ever try and hit the menu button on the DIC while underway.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:58 PM   #9
Dr. Evil

RobertRS, That's good to know. I'll tell her that part about the shifter being normal.
We are down to the rattle and it still has an intermittent HVAC issue. The AC issue is hit or miss and hard to reproduce. With the car having so many issues, one of which left her stranded, and the inability to correct the other issues makes her very nervous about driving anywhere by herself.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:41 PM   #10
RobertRS

Quote:
RobertRS, That's good to know. I'll tell her that part about the shifter being normal.
We are down to the rattle and it still has an intermittent HVAC issue. The AC issue is hit or miss and hard to reproduce. With the car having so many issues, one of which left her stranded, and the inability to correct the other issues makes her very nervous about driving anywhere by herself.

I can understand her concerns. I tell ya' ,with the onboard computers nowadays controlling every aspect of the vehicle, it's no wonder some units are having glitches in some of the systems. Hopefully she'll either get the bugs worked out of her car or the dealer/GM will acknowledge her issue and either get a field rep on her case or make arrangements for her to get another unit that isn't laden with problems. May just need a reflash of her current control modules or a replacement if that is found to be the issue with the intermittent A/C problem. Then of course there is still the rattle that needs to be tracked down. Either way, I wish you guys luck in getting her some satisfaction.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:56 PM   #11
Dr. Evil

Thanks Robert. Its really a shame for her. She's a young woman and this is her first new car. She has always wanted a Camaro but she is disillusioned by the whole experience.
I warned her that if they get all the bugs worked out she may not have much recourse. GM/The dealership would be able to say we fixed it, what more do you want. Still, they have had her car for 79 days since she purchased it last September.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:01 PM   #12
RobertRS

Quote:
Thanks Robert. Its really a shame for her. She's a young woman and this is her first new car. She has always wanted a Camaro but she is disillusioned by the whole experience.
I warned her that if they get all the bugs worked out she may not have much recourse. GM/The dealership would be able to say we fixed it, what more do you want. Still, they have had her car for 79 days since she purchased it last September.
Definitely a bum deal. I'm not sure I could keep my composure for that long. GM needs to place some sort of priority on cases such as this.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:09 AM   #13
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
A friend and co-worker of my wife purchased a 2014 Camaro 1LT last September. Since then she has had a myriad of issues. My wife let her know that we had a Camaro and that I used to work on cars years ago. That's what got me involved in this.
She has pretty good notes and copies of the R/O from the dealership. Here is a copy of what the R/O say with my comments in blue from her notes....

09/07/13 1,410 miles

09/19/13 (unclear on miles)

03/03/14 6,943 miles
Check engine light on bogs down and light is flashing intermittent bulletin pi1122B
reprogram ECM as needed DOC 3708255

While in drive not manual down shifted by column advise will downshift from pedals in drive normal wont upshift from pedals normal completed
From her notes: She said the car would upshift or downshift using the paddles even of the gear selector was in D and NOT in M. Prior to this the car wasn't driving smoothly and had unusual shifting patterns. She took in in at least twice but the dealership could not reproduce the problem. This went on for several months. Each trip to the dealership resulted in a Cannot Duplicate Problem.

Fan setting on 1,2,3 is making clicking sound advise unable to duplicate.

06/12/14 10,849 miles
Cranks and wont start. CK and advise internal software malfunction in PCM P062B
Replace PCM and reprogram as needed.

They had her car for 7 days for this. Very poor communication from the dealership. She called for an update on day 3, nothing. They called her back on day 7. They still owe her $70 for the tow bill.

07/14/14 11,817 miles
Has rattle from under hood CK and advise unable to duplicate.

A/C wont come on Wont blow. Advise pic with HVAC module DTC U1510. Reprogram HVAC module w/claim 99f71
Note: she would take a picture on her phone showing fan position in the on position with the display on the screen showing off. She was able to get the fan working if she would shut the car off and start it up again.

She still has a rattle from under the car which is getting worse. The HVAC controls still do not work properly. She is really put off by this car and is afraid to drive it. There were multiple trips to the dealership that resulted in nothing more than a We Cant Duplicate the issue. She also mentioned that a service advisor said she may try to get trade in assistance from GM on this. Does anyone have a breakdown on how that works?
FWIW, I have had zero issues with my 2013 and she has 79 service days on her car

Dr. Evil,
I’m sorry to hear about these problems your friend and co-worker of your wife is experiencing with her new Camaro. We truly apologize for her unfavorable experience with her dream car. I can understand how she may be discouraged since it has been in service for 79 days. If she has already contacted customer service about this, I can look into her case. If not, could you have her PM us from her account? If she does not have an account on Camaro5, please have her email us at SocialMedia@gm.com and include her VIN, current mileage, involved dealership, name and contact information with a subject line “Attn: Jeff”. I look forward to hearing from her!

Jeff M.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:14 AM   #14
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
shame that this car's not giving her a very good 1rst impression. imo, she needs to trade this lemon in.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote