Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-20-2013, 09:37 PM   #71
revychevy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
And this brings up a couple of other points --

The Impala went from a "B" Body (ending in 1996 with the Caprice as well) to a "W" Body - BUT -- the 2000 Impala was still a GM-10 architecture.

THAT is why it went to "W" -- further, it went from RWD to FWD.

Someone said the new Camaro is an "E" body - well, at one time, the El Dorado, Toronado, and Riviera were "E" bodies - but I would not say that they have much in common with a Camaro or a Firebird...........

I suppose we could talk about this until the cows come home -

but Team Camaro sees the importance and significance of "F-body" and that's why the "F" is in the VIN.

Yes - It's Zeta II -

it's also GMX-521 and GMX-511 --

it's also an "F-car"........

Now - Mikey -

--500 times:

"I will not argue! It's a F-body!"

- in cursive, please......

blue-black fountain pen........!

(....a quill pen is acceptable, but that's a definite "NO!" to felt-tip or ball-point.......)
Hahaha! That's why I love this guy.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:52 PM   #72
Bomino

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
honestly, who cares...

Old 04-20-2013, 09:54 PM   #73
rush2112

Drives: 2013 2LT Auto CRM. 2009 night train
how F*cking cares. enjoy the car. life is short
rush2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:56 PM   #74
Rocky1974

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS M6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkillsam View Post
Not to mention the fact that the "BODY" has always been tied to an architecture.

GM designs an architecture and assigns a Body designation to it. There is something amiss here as the Camaro shares the same platform with other vehicles but does not share the body designation.
Not necessarily true. As I have already mentioned, the 1st and 2nd Gen Camaro shared it's architecture with the 3rd and 4th Gen Nova. The Camaro was a F-Body and the Nova was a X-Body. It may be unusual, but not unprecedented.
2010 RJT 2SS M6, Kooks Long Tubes, NPP Exhaust, CAI Cold Air w/Jannetty Scoop, RotoFab Washer Bottle, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MGW Shifter w/ZL1 Shaft and Knob, 2015 SS Sedan Steering Wheel and Air Bag, 2012 Heater Hose Conversion, 2012 Power Seat Conversion, RS Head Lights,Gen5DIY RS Conversion Harness, LED Fog Lamp Bulbs, Backup Camera Kit, NLP Spoiler, SLP Splitter, ZL1 Rockers and Diffuser, Color Matched Shark Fin, RS Roof Mouldings, Painted White Stripes, WCC LS3 Emblems, Heritage Grille and Blacked Out Tail Light Panel w/Retro SS Emblems, 416 RWHP, 411 RWT, Tuned by BlueCat.
Rocky1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:08 PM   #75
Rocky1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomino View Post
honestly, who cares...

Quite a few of us........Apparently........
2010 RJT 2SS M6, Kooks Long Tubes, NPP Exhaust, CAI Cold Air w/Jannetty Scoop, RotoFab Washer Bottle, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MGW Shifter w/ZL1 Shaft and Knob, 2015 SS Sedan Steering Wheel and Air Bag, 2012 Heater Hose Conversion, 2012 Power Seat Conversion, RS Head Lights,Gen5DIY RS Conversion Harness, LED Fog Lamp Bulbs, Backup Camera Kit, NLP Spoiler, SLP Splitter, ZL1 Rockers and Diffuser, Color Matched Shark Fin, RS Roof Mouldings, Painted White Stripes, WCC LS3 Emblems, Heritage Grille and Blacked Out Tail Light Panel w/Retro SS Emblems, 416 RWHP, 411 RWT, Tuned by BlueCat.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:18 PM   #76
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky1974 View Post
I'm mad!!!???? You've been the one who through this whole thread, can't take a joke. What would I have to be mad about? I started this thread to prove a point, and I won. You're the one who keeps insisting that you're right, even though you've been proven wrong. I've tried to poke fun at you to get you to lighten up, but you're just not having any of that. Listen, I could really care less whither you call your car a F-Body or not, but now you know it really is one, and you can thank me for that. You may still try to tell people that it's not an F-Body, but in your heart you'll know that it really is one.
When have you made any joke? I was the one making jokes in this thread. It isn't an F body in my mind JUST LIKE MANY OTHER ENTHUSIASTS. Your OCD probably can't handle that thought, so I'm done with this thread.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:17 AM   #77
unkillsam

Drives: 2012 Camaro LT
Quote:
Yeah, but there's something that everybody seems to be forgetting. I've been on this site for years and I've heard every argument about why the 5th Gen Camaro couldn't possibly be a F-Body. It's on a Zeta platform. It was never intended to be a F-Body. It wasn't engineered to be a F-Body. The F-Bod Father said it wasn't a F-Body. The engineers said it wasn't a F-Body. Yada,Yada,Yada. But here's the thing. On that first day in 2009, when that first one rolled off of the end of the line with that "F" in it's VIN, it was a F-Body. By definition. At that point all those reasons became footnotes. Maybe it wasn't intended to be a F-Body, but in the end, GM decided to put that "F" in the VIN, Making it a F-Body. We can argue until the cows come home about how it got there, but no-one can argue it's not there. We can sit around in internet chat rooms and argue that maybe it shouldn't be there, but it is. In the end it's GM that makes these decisions and maybe they don't always follow the rules, but that's ok too. After all, it's their rules. So I guess they can break them if they want too. I'm just glad they're still around to build us these really cool cars. And when that 6th Gen comes out, maybe it won't have a "F" in it's VIN, but I kind of hope it does.
Your making my point.

You agree with me that it should not be an F-Body following GM'S own rules and GM broke their rules to placate the enthusiasts.

Glad to see we agree.
unkillsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:38 AM   #78
Genob4c

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
Not to beat a dead horse, but I always thought the F designation came from the name Fischer, from when the Camaro and Firebirds were Fischer bodies. Hadn't seen this in the thread so I thought I'd throw it out.

Just curious. Not interested in an argument.

Geno

Former:
2013 ZL1 Vert – Crystal Red
1978 Corvette Pace Car
1969 Pace Car
1969 Z/28 – Cortez Silver, 1974 LT/Z28 Blue
1974 Z28 Dark Green , 1976 Camaro Type LT – Black
1980 Z28 – Charcoal, 1981 Z28 – Dark Blue
1981 Z28 – Claret, 1982 Pace Car
1986 IROC – Red, 1993 Z28 – Red
1996 Z28 vert, 1998 Z28 Dk Blue
2002 B4C 2004 Vette – LeMans Blue
2008 Vette - CRT
2011 Camaro Pace Car
Genob4c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:20 AM   #79
SSmokinSS
Get Some

Drives: 2014 ZL1 6Speed
Fischer made Fiero bodys too!
The only true F-body is the Pontiac Fiero

\thread
Old 04-21-2013, 10:32 AM   #80
Rocky1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
When have you made any joke? I was the one making jokes in this thread. It isn't an F body in my mind JUST LIKE MANY OTHER ENTHUSIASTS. Your OCD probably can't handle that thought, so I'm done with this thread.
When have I made any jokes? How about here.

Quote:
I think he wants you to come see him. He's probably going to make you write "The 5th Gen Camaro is a F-Body" 500 times.
Or here.

Quote:
You'd better get busy. That 500 times thing for the F-Bod Father is going to take you a while and if you keep arguing about this, he'll probably up it to 1000.
You're beating a dead horse. This was ruled on about 2 days ago by the great judge of all things Camaro. You're the one who can't seem to deal with it. But I am glad to hear that you're done with this thread. I'm tired of arguing with you.

Last edited by Rocky1974; 04-21-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:35 AM   #81
Rocky1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkillsam View Post
Your making my point.

You agree with me that it should not be an F-Body following GM'S own rules and GM broke their rules to placate the enthusiasts.

Glad to see we agree.
Yeah, but I think if you get to the bottom of GM's rules, you'll find out that they're not any. I think they make them up as they go.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:54 AM   #82
Rocky1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genob4c View Post
Not to beat a dead horse, but I always thought the F designation came from the name Fischer, from when the Camaro and Firebirds were Fischer bodies. Hadn't seen this in the thread so I thought I'd throw it out.

Just curious. Not interested in an argument.

Geno
Ha! Ha! I have no idea where the "F" came from, but I never heard that one before. You won't get any argument from me unless you start trying to tell me something that is obviously not true.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:00 AM   #83
Rocky1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmokinSS View Post
Fischer made Fiero bodys too!
The only true F-body is the Pontiac Fiero

\thread
I'd never thought about what the body designation for the Fiero was until now, so I looked it up. It was a P-Body.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:08 AM   #84
SSmokinSS
Get Some

Drives: 2014 ZL1 6Speed
Quote:
I'd never thought about what the body designation for the Fiero was until now, so I looked it up. It was a P-Body.
Yes, it is a P-body.
The early cars had a plate on the door sill that read "Body by Fischer"
Just stirring the pot.
Nobody calls my Camaro an F-body. They call it "Sir"