Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-24-2021, 03:10 PM   #1
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
BBK Headers on 2010 Camaro V6

Don't get this Wrong, This is a Shipping error on BBK's part

You set up a weekend to remove your exhaust Manifolds and Cats to replace them to find out you don't have everything in the box

so now i have to wait a whole week before i can put the drivers side back together.

the taking it apart was not all that bad.
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 10:34 PM   #2
AlanRubin
Banned

Drives: 2010 LS
Yeah, I have had my mid-pipes off a few times, it's pretty easy. The hardest part
was lining up the flange gaskets on these cheap ass Canadian cats. They don't have
the recessed ring for the gasket to plop in.
AlanRubin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 02:22 PM   #3
spyderbuddy

Well BBK really screwed me on this order
2 passenger side Headers
And O2 Sensors that don't Fit
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
Old 05-01-2021, 07:01 PM   #4
spyderbuddy

Well BBK really shined Thru
I got everything on the Car
Man these BBK's Sound impressive
Attached Images

Old 05-02-2021, 04:15 PM   #5
Army of Wuzzy

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro LS
how was the install? thinking about doing it this summer

"If you aren't first, you're last"
-Ricky Bobby
Army of Wuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 04:23 PM   #6
spyderbuddy

do it, you will fuss the whole time during the install, but it is well wroth it

Make sure you get the ceramic coated
big difference in underhold temps
Old 05-02-2021, 07:16 PM   #7
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderbuddy View Post
Don't get this Wrong, This is a Shipping error on BBK's part

You set up a weekend to remove your exhaust Manifolds and Cats to replace them to find out you don't have everything in the box

so now i have to wait a whole week before i can put the drivers side back together.

the taking it apart was not all that bad.

WOW, and to think I always thought you had headers. You have been around as long as I have been. So it comes as a surprise that you are now doing headers. So glad to hear it all worked out well. How's the noise at 2000 to 2500 rpm's. The solution if not good is to remove the H pipe and replace with the Magna flow X pipe.
Old 05-02-2021, 07:16 PM   #8
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army of Wuzzy View Post
how was the install? thinking about doing it this summer
Hope this helps.

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195877
Old 05-02-2021, 07:56 PM   #9
spyderbuddy

Still using the stock cat back system
saw to many cut up there exhaust system to just get back where they started
Old 05-09-2021, 01:02 PM   #10
spyderbuddy

One week later and everything still looks great
Yea rcat600man your DIY was very helpful

I used the original Bolts and original Gaskets
no Leaks
Attached Images

Old 05-20-2021, 06:01 PM   #11
spyderbuddy

Ok, A Couple of Weeks Later, Some of the things I've noticed
Cooler Engine Temps
Cooler oil temps
Cooler trans temps
Better gas Mileage
Still have a rattle I've got to fix, But overall pretty Good
No Rasp, Still have the orginal Exhaust System from Cat back, Sounds pretty Good
Old 05-31-2021, 06:28 AM   #12
spyderbuddy

A couple of Videos, Sounds pretty cool

Old 05-31-2021, 06:30 AM   #13
spyderbuddy

And this one gets good at about 4:30
No harm was done, this was all in Mexico, just in case

Old 06-27-2021, 09:33 AM   #14
spyderbuddy

New video of How it sounds