Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 12-02-2016, 02:47 PM   #1
MPScan

Drives: 2017 FIFTY VERT MANUAL 2SS
Buying Tomorrow: 2017 2SS 6MT Convertible 50th Anniversary - Pricing question?

Hey everyone. New to the forum here and about to pull the trigger tomorrow on a 2017 2SS 6MT Convertible 50th Anniversary.

Window Sticker: http://www.tascachevyri.com/f_Window...FG3D78H0138338
Listing: http://www.tascachevyri.com/VehicleD...-RI/2842312503

I've been reading the forums and will probably be up all night learning about everything but I do have one question about pricing as it related to right now (December 2nd).

Sticker is $53,890. Internet price is $50,988. It's in the Boston area and is a stick shift convertible. What should I be looking at as a target price on this? I've seen other people in some threads mention 20% off this fall and can't imagine I would get anywhere near that type of discount. While this particular vehicle is sort of rare, I am also guessing the dealer wants to get this out of stock ASAP and not have it sitting around until Spring.

Thoughts on where I should be on this as far as price? Thanks much.
MPScan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 03:04 PM   #2
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Their internet price includes a $500 lease discount which may not apply to you.
I would try a trucar search with the options and see what you get. I am pretty much in the same boat as you, picking up a 50th 2ss tomorrow. Dealer's internet price is $1000 below the "best price" the salesman is quoting me. He says he can explain that tomorrow. Frankly, I may walk out on the deal if the explanation sounds like, "sorry, we just want more profit."
I work with some family members of Ford dealers. The explanation I get is "internet prices" are often intentionally misleading and should be regulated. I don't know how they get away with it, because I do read the fine print. I printed out everything to take with me. But my insider sources in the car biz says not to be surprised if they don't honor the internet price.
In my experience, the best way to know you are getting the lowest price is to spend some time negotiating. if you are not happy, walk out. A 2ss convertible with those options is not gonna be a fast mover this time of year. They will most assuredly call you back Monday. if they come down in price, you know it worked. If they hold the same, they probably don't have much profit built into the price they gave you.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 03:04 PM   #3
Lukemo

Drives: '17 1LT RS V6 6M NPP
I think the 20% discounts are being found on left over 2016's.
Lukemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 03:10 PM   #4
Grandpawmoses

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anniversary
I went to trade for a 50th convertible two weeks ago. After seeing the trunk space on the vert, that was a deal killer. I ended up with the same car sans convertible top and with a moon roof and saved over $5K.
You may already be fully aware of the trunk space on the vert. If not, you need to look.
Grandpawmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 03:30 PM   #5
Driski

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
Try Quirk Chevrolet in Braintree. Gave me an awesome deal last March. PM me if you want details
Old 12-02-2016, 03:34 PM   #6
MPScan

Drives: 2017 FIFTY VERT MANUAL 2SS
Driski: Funny you say that. My buddy who's going with me tomorrow to RI to look at this is actually a Quirk employee. Quirk doesn't even have a single 2SS in stock, never mind a manual and/or a convertible. They have 24 1LT/2LTs though. I figure I would get a better deal on this 50th in stock than ordering from Quirk.

Thanks everyone else for the information. Much appreciated.
MPScan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 03:45 PM   #7
Driski

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPScan View Post
Driski: Funny you say that. My buddy who's going with me tomorrow to RI to look at this is actually a Quirk employee. Quirk doesn't even have a single 2SS in stock, never mind a manual and/or a convertible. They have 24 1LT/2LTs though. I figure I would get a better deal on this 50th in stock than ordering from Quirk.

Thanks everyone else for the information. Much appreciated.
Good Luck, You will love the car!
Old 12-02-2016, 04:20 PM   #8
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
MPScan, I suspect your car was a customer order that was ultimately not purchased. That is a pretty specific set of options. For that reason, I think it will be a hard sell at full price. Feel free to PM me and we can share stories. I don't want to post the details of my experiences in an open forum until the deal is closed.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 04:45 PM   #9
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
It's AWESOME to see some new "verts" coming into the Forum. I wish you both the best of luck, and hope all works out well for you tomorrow!
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 05:03 PM   #10
JBinSD

Drives: '23 LT Vert M6'16 Hyper 2SS Vert MT
Just for a point of reference, I'm in So Cal, and located a '16 2SS Vert 6MT NPP MRC HBM, in Nor Cal, and it was everything I wanted (sticker was $52k and change). Flew in and drove out, got it for $45k OTD cash. Yes, it had a 20% sticker, which i think is controlled by GM, but those don't apply to '17's. I love mine.

Good luck,
JB
Attached Images

JBinSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 06:03 PM   #11
toro1966

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Convertible 50th
Mine was purchased two weeks ago. 2SS, 50th vert, NPP, MRC, NAV, 8spd AT, 50th floor mats, front rear black emblems, fifty center console, Camaro battery tender. Sticker and accessories were just under 58. Paid 52400.
toro1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 06:52 PM   #12
craigss50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty
3 weeks ago I purchased a 2SS Fifty Convertible with automatic and Nav. Now that is in Florida and this is the time of year for a convertible down here. I tried hard for 10% off sticker and could not get it. So if you can get between 8-10% you will be doing well. Unfortunately for me when he started the car up with NPP and I drove it I was going to buy that car no matter what discount I got. They tell you not to get emotionally involved when dealing for a new car but good luck with that!

I like the optional equipment on that car with NPP, MyLink, MRC. My last 2 cars were 6 speed manuals so I wanted a change this time. If I had it to do over I would have tried to find one with MRC.
craigss50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 07:25 PM   #13
AndyL

Drives: 2017 50th SS Convertible
The only discount I got was the GM Military Discount. Between that and the price of the 2017s dropping almost 1K after I ordered it, I was happy to save that much. But like Craigss50 said, I was buying it, discounts or not.

I wouldn't sweat the trunk space issue. Sure, it's next to nothing if you're driving top down, but the back seats will easily hold what I need, if I need it at all. And top up the trunk space is just fine. You cannot beat the top down experience. That's the #1 thing I wanted, a convertible. I didn't buy mine to be a luggage hauler. And when it's time to road trip, I know my luggage will fit just fine.

Trust me, you'll absolutely love this car.

Last edited by AndyL; 12-02-2016 at 07:35 PM.
AndyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 07:47 PM   #14
Boone
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 50th Anniversary
I was able to get 10% off sticker for my 50th two weeks. That was due to a supplier discount plus a bonus tag. Sticker price was $50,175.

Previous:
1999 Camaro Z28
1992 Camaro RS
Boone is offline   Reply With Quote