Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-20-2016, 11:20 AM   #113
jcampos

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlem View Post
I do not wish to speak for some one else but when I read jcampos' posts, I took it to mean more tickets and speeders meant more job security. That's a common expression among LEOs and not just about speeding. I really cannot speak for every little burg and hamlet in the USA, but in CA and many major city depts, It is absolutely verboten to have any type quota / bonus system. Write the most speeders or nab the most DUIs and you might get an atta boy like a plaque or a pin for you uniform shirt.

Maybe he was just pulling your leg(s). Maybe he too is tired of hearing cops on this forum referred to as "shitty shitty shitty persons." Or speeding ticket Nazis. Or the all time favorite around here that cops really only want to pull over (insert color of your Camaro here). If you guys knew just how much 99% of cops HATE traffic duties and cannot stand being in the sun or cold writing citations. This of course does not apply to cops on motorcycles or in cars that have the word TRAFFIC ENFORCEMENT painted on them. Seriously, just drive within a few mph of the limit and no one should have any reason to bother you.

Thank you sir, you hit the nail right on the head.
jcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 07:23 PM   #114
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kravmaga79 View Post
I wouldnt doubt it if quotas are very real here in SASkatoon, Canada too.

Do they still get their revenue collected if you fight the ticket in court?
especially if you choose to do fine option volunteering/working for min wage to pay off the ticket like i did on my last 3 photoradar tickets?
i went to court and got the judge to remove one ticket and worked the last two off at a 2nd hand store

If they dont get their revenue when ticket is fought and worked off a guy could get a sign in a waterproof bag, made up saying ;

I DONT VOLUNTARILY PAY FINES, I GOTO COURT AND FINE OPTION
I DONT HAVE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS WITHOUT MY LAWYER
I DONT CONSENT TO SEARCHES WITHOUT A WARRANT
And put license and registration in the bag and hang it out the 90 % closed window
that way they cant question you and say you slurred your speach, or smelled of alcholhol or pot and a closed windows glare makes it harder to see anything possibly incriminating inside

I suggest not trying to pull the whole 90% window stunt in the USA if you come here. If you did that to me on a traffic stop you would be asked to roll your window down. If you refused, you would find yourself exiting the vehicle.
Old 06-24-2016, 09:57 AM   #115
BeastMode

Drives: 2011 SGM 1SS/RS M6
I go with the old fashioned route of not speeding, 0-5 mph is what I go with. My car doesnt become more fun to drive just because I am doing a steady 15-20 over. All the fun is in the down low anyways, and there isnt much in the law against accelerating to the speed limit in a rapid (and safe) manner.

I have been driving Camaro SS / Trans Am / Civic Si for about 8 years now, all in eye catching colors, with no tickets or issues with LE.

It is not unreasonable to just obey the laws, and it doesn't seem to take away from my driving enjoyment. Will driving down the highway at 80 instead of 70 really impact how much you like driving your car? Keep it safe and reasonable out there.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:23 AM   #116
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
The best way to cure the speedy jeebees is to take it to the track or drag strip.

I finally started going to the drag strip this year, and going fast in a safe environment makes you wonder why you ever did it on public roads, endangering everyone around you.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 12:06 PM   #117
MattIdaho

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastMode View Post
All the fun is in the down low anyways, and there isnt much in the law against accelerating to the speed limit in a rapid (and safe) manner.
exhibition of power, or exhibition of speed. is what you could get written for here.
MattIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 12:24 PM   #118
jayno20
Go fast, please.

Drives: 2019 Corvette ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIdaho View Post
exhibition of power, or exhibition of speed. is what you could get written for here.
Reckless driving here.
jayno20 is offline   Reply With Quote