Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 08-14-2015, 12:14 AM   #1
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
Adams window sealant...what not to do!

This is kind of an fyi, kind of a question, as I'm sure the shine doc will weigh in. I bought Adams glass sealant quite awhile ago and never got around to using it. Last week I decided to do the windshield on my wife's van. It came out nice so this week, I decided to do my DD. Lo and behold, I took out my hex grip applicator from its baggie and you can see what was left! I think the applicator came with it but I could be wrong. I can't imagine I got it with any of my other Adams products, though.

So, it is either completely inappropriate for use with the glass sealant, or perhaps my downfall was stowing it back in the baggie wet with sealant?

Normally I'd just ask Adams but I figured someone could benefit from my mistake on this one. So...what say you, Doc?
Attached Images

chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 02:24 AM   #2
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
I bought this a few months back and it came with the light blue square MF pad.

But I'm gonna guess by the looks of that, it isn't supposed to be stored back in the bag......especially wet
Old 08-14-2015, 12:43 PM   #3
Jeffm
ICANHAZ

Drives: 2013 CRT 1SS/RS
mine came with a light blue square MF pad as well
Jeffm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 01:04 PM   #4
Retro69

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1

This guy.

Retro69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 02:09 PM   #5
chef-beavis

Well, sh$t. I do not possess one of those. Perhaps they were out if them when mine shipped and they didn't know these degraded from the sealant. Pure speculation on my part. Gonna email the doc, perhaps.

My bottle also references spraying x# of pumps onto the mf applicator, also, yet it came with a lighter fluid type squirt lid.
Old 08-14-2015, 04:16 PM   #6
Retro69

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
I'm betting you could just fold up a short napped mf towel into a tight " brick" and you would be fine. Also a little goes a long way.

Retro69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 04:41 PM   #7
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
Wow that's rough. Mine came with the little blue MF brick and worked like a charm.
Superman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 07:53 PM   #8
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Yea you guys are correct the blue MF pads works best with Adam's Glass Sealant.
Even with using the MF pad you would want to clean it with APC when finished.
Sorry your pad got ruined!
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 09:11 PM   #9
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Wow I'm really shocked that they offered you nothing. Evidently after you purchased, they changed over to a microfiber pad instead of a foam applicator at some point because it was discovered that it works better.

I realize you made a mistake storing it "wet", but it wasn't like it was an intentional thing. Just an honest mistake.

Their warranty even states this for applicators.

Consumable items such as towels, pads, and applicators will be covered against defect for their average useful life as defined by Adam’s Premium Car Care. Partial credit is possible in place of non-warranty returns or items returned in a condition indicative of improper or unintended use. Warranty and guarantee applies to the original owner only and is non-transferrable. Proof of purchase is required.

Is average useful life only 1 use? They also state for improper use they offer partial credit?
Evidently your unintended improper storage of the foam applicator doesn't apply. Seems to me like it should though, at least a partial credit.

Walmart sells microfiber applicators for a couple dollars, might pick one up there.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 10:44 PM   #10
chef-beavis

To be clear, I love Adams and the Shine Doc has always been great to me, even before he got his phd. Lol If it came across as me fishing for goods, I apologize. I was really trying to let people know not to do this to avoid wrecking their stuff. Do I know 100% that it came with it? Nope. Do I think it did? Good odds. Am I mad? Nope. I got a pile of microfiber cloths that will work, I'm sure. I'm sure my face when I opened the bag was priceless!

So Shine Doc, will this stuff eat the shield on my helmet?
Old 08-15-2015, 09:58 AM   #11
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef-beavis View Post
To be clear, I love Adams and the Shine Doc has always been great to me, even before he got his phd. Lol If it came across as me fishing for goods, I apologize. I was really trying to let people know not to do this to avoid wrecking their stuff. Do I know 100% that it came with it? Nope. Do I think it did? Good odds. Am I mad? Nope. I got a pile of microfiber cloths that will work, I'm sure. I'm sure my face when I opened the bag was priceless!

I wasn't intending to imply you were "fishing for goods". I was just surprised that no reconciliation of any type was offered. Based on what the warranty states, you should get at least a partial credit. I just like doing business with people who do what they say, and stand by their products.

As far as liking Adams, I have a slew of posts on C5 either recommending or reviewing their products, as well as their customer service. I've spent hundreds of dollars with them, probably close to 1k.

I recently bought a Rupes Bigfoot 21 polisher from them and when I received it, the front handle was loose, and it had spots and discoloration on it. I also plugged it in and turned it on for 5 seconds to see how smooth it ran, it vibrated a lot. I posted on the Adams forum and a member was kind enough to tell me how to re-adjust the handle, and that vibration was normal if it didn't have a pad attached.

After thanking this person for their help, Dylan later chimed in that the vibration issue was like "Driving your car with no tires on it and wondering why it runs rough." I found this statement to be very rude.

In all the research I did about the Rupes, I never once heard of it having vibration issues, or that a pad "balanced" the machine out.

Like you, it was just a misunderstanding on my part. I won't be doing any more business with them, I have someone else I deal with that doesn't disrespect me, and stands by his warranties.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Old 08-15-2015, 11:54 AM   #12
chef-beavis

I'm sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience with Adams. That has definitely not been my experience, but everyone has a Friday or a Monday in them and I think Dylan enjoys occasional sarcasm as much as the next guy. I can't imagine he ever meant to offend you. He's been top notch with me in every instance I've interacted with him, including a few where there was no immediate sale or product involved. To be fair, I also should add I contacted him via email late yesterday to notify him of this thread. I used my work email. If there was going to be anything offered in the way of warranty, I'd expect that to be handled there.

As I said, I am not seeking that, nor was I. I just wanted to find out of the red applicator was simply the wrong tool or if storing it wet was the downfall. I shared in the interest of helping the community.
Old 08-15-2015, 01:21 PM   #13
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
I wasn't intending to imply you were "fishing for goods". I was just surprised that no reconciliation of any type was offered. Based on what the warranty states, you should get at least a partial credit. I just like doing business with people who do what they say, and stand by their products.

As far as liking Adams, I have a slew of posts on C5 either recommending or reviewing their products, as well as their customer service. I've spent hundreds of dollars with them, probably close to 1k.

I recently bought a Rupes Bigfoot 21 polisher from them and when I received it, the front handle was loose, and it had spots and discoloration on it. I also plugged it in and turned it on for 5 seconds to see how smooth it ran, it vibrated a lot. I posted on the Adams forum and a member was kind enough to tell me how to re-adjust the handle, and that vibration was normal if it didn't have a pad attached.

After thanking this person for their help, Dylan later chimed in that the vibration issue was like "Driving your car with no tires on it and wondering why it runs rough." I found this statement to be very rude.

In all the research I did about the Rupes, I never once heard of it having vibration issues, or that a pad "balanced" the machine out.

Like you, it was just a misunderstanding on my part. I won't be doing any more business with them, I have someone else I deal with that doesn't disrespect me, and stands by his warranties.
You find a lot of things to be rude that are not.
Old 08-15-2015, 02:06 PM   #14
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTruck View Post
You find a lot of things to be rude that are not.
So I'm supposed to take "That would be like driving a car without tires and wondering why it runs rough" as a positive/helpful statement?

You find a way to comment on a lot of things you don't know anything about, as well as twist the truth to suit your own needs/wants.