Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 10-15-2017, 03:46 PM   #1
HYPER1LE

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE HBM
Awards anyone?

My hope in creating this thread in the 1LE section is for those owners to share any kind of awards, recognition, featured articles, you may have received or covered your 1LE. Please share and tell us a little about it.
HYPER1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 04:04 PM   #2
HYPER1LE

Award recipient

Since I'm starting this thread, I'll share that I took delivery of my 2017 SS 1LE in March 2017. Although I have not fracked the car yet which I plan to do, I have done mountain runs, Tail of the Dragon, and attended numerous Caffiene and Octane meets and car shows. This past Saturday, I attended the Cars vs Cancer fundraiser car show at Andretti's Karting in Roswell, GA. According to the host, there were nearly 80 cars judged. They recognized the Top 25, and I was honored that my car was selected 5th overall. I don't attend car shows expecting or hoping to win anything but this was a pleasant surprise. It would have been great to see and meet other Gen 6 owners but I was the only 6th Gen there (besides one nice guy who stopped to talk with me who was renting an SS from Enterprise for the week...lol).
Attached Images

Old 10-15-2017, 04:04 PM   #3
scottc
Central PA Camaro5 Club

Drives: Hot Wheels
Won my class at GM Nationals in Carlisle and also won a celebrity choice award from Jim Kalahar. He’s the man responsible for getting Krypton Green approved for the limited run in 2107
Attached Images

Old 10-15-2017, 06:28 PM   #4
HYPER1LE

Very nice scottc. Congratulations! Great looking car...and engine bay!
Old 10-21-2017, 08:57 AM   #5
histobeast

Drives: '18 SS 1LE SW
I always looking for car related things to do. Are you going to caffeine and octane in November? I heard there is something going on in Alpharetta and some 50th moonshine car show.
histobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 07:03 PM   #6
HYPER1LE

Histobeast, I do plan to go to Caffiene and Octane in November. I've been going nearly every month for many months now. If you don't already know, it's a must to get there very early to get a better parking spot. I arrive between 5:30 to 6am and park out in the area in front of Dillard's. I typically look for a guy with a dark Garnet Red, 5th Gen ZL1 convertible since he gets there even before me. Also, I use two resources for finding car shows and meets: 1) Carshowfinder.org and 2) SouthEastWheelsEvents.ning.com. Next Saturday, (every last Saturday of the month), there is Cars and Coffee in Alpharetta at Gateway Classic Cars. I've been going to that unless I find another event I would prefer to go to. I do plan to go to that this coming Saturday. Finally, I'm always open to just about anything around the north metro area

Tags
1le, award, car show, featured article, track