Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-10-2017, 04:22 AM   #43
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker75 View Post
Well, she is slowly making progress. Today, my car made it's way from the assembly plant to Toledo, Ohio, where it should be preparing to board the train for the journey west. Hopefully, the train is nearing its load, so things will be a little bit quicker.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Sweet she is almost on the final leg enjoy it.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:34 AM   #44
Joker75

Drives: 18 LS/1LE V6
So, I figured that I probably ought to update everyone on the progress.

I found out that my order status was finally updated to 4200 (shipped), so my car should be tucked nicely into a rail car, making her way here, as I am typing this.

My salesman indicated that my order shows an expected delivery date of 11/23, but that the expected delivery dates have rarely been correct. Considering that 11/23 is Thanksgiving, I would be surprised if anyone will be delivering my car on that date.

On a completely different note, I finally connected the dots on some oddball information today.

Years ago, my father told me that he purchased his 1973 Camaro when it was about 1 year old. If my college calculus professor didn't fail me, that would mean that my father most likely purchaser his Camaro sometime in 1974. Seeing as I was born in September of 1975, I deduced that my first ride in a Camaro was actually before I was born. Add into this random bunch of information that my parents only owned one vehicle, during those years, I can also conclude that the first vehicle I rode in, when being brought home from the hospital, was also that Camaro.

I also drove this same Camaro home from the Department of Motor Vehicles, after I received my driver's license.

After realizing all of this, I figured that I might as well just accept that I never stood a chance at resisting the allure of the Camaro.

Here's to getting closer to a fast approaching conclusion of my adventure in custom ordering a vehicle, and the beginning of a, hopefully, long and happy adventure, enjoying that decision, and accepting my fate of Camaro ownership.

Joker75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 04:57 AM   #45
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Congrats the wait is almost over I still believe you will have it before Thanksgiving
Old 11-16-2017, 08:08 AM   #46
Joker75

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
Congrats the wait is almost over I still believe you will have it before Thanksgiving
I sure hope so.

Old 11-16-2017, 09:42 AM   #47
Buzzberd6

Drives: 2LT/1LE, HPCRX, F250(tow vehicle)
Congrats on the purchase, you're really going to like the car. I've had mine since January and just went over 10K miles last week. She's also getting a new set of street only tires installed tomorrow, Firestone Indy 500 UHP summer tires. Fortunate enough to live in Florida where I really don't have to worry about this 'winter tire' issue I read about so much.

I think I've run six autocrosses and two track days with it this year and it definitely impressed me every time. Especially it's capabilities on track, V6 power or not. I was able to run faster lap times with it at Daytona than I've ever run with my race car there, even on the OE tires.
This car is faster than any of the first gen Camaros I've previously owned. Including the '68 SS 396! And none of those could even come close to how well this one handles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
You have to do the wheels in a certain order, that's the only trick to it. I can't remember the order off the top of my head, but you can look it up.
I have this one. https://www.amazon.com/VXDAS-EL-5044...set+tool&psc=1

I didn't get mine from Amazon but that's a pretty good price and it works great. The order to reset the TPMS is: Left front; Right front; Right rear; Left rear. The front amber signal lights will be illuminated on the corner that should be set. Not sure about the rear lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soloknight6 View Post
NICE! the V6 1le is an autoX monster! Great choice OP!
It's definitely a lot of fun, Just not exactly classed correctly in the SCCA solo classes IMO. Still, I actually did better running mine in CAM-C than BS this year!

Quote:

Does anyone know of some inexpensive 18" rims that will clear the 4 piston Brembos?

Sent from my SM-T357T using Tapatalk
I have a set of 18x10" Apex EC-7 wheels I got from another autocrosser that he ran on his SS Camaro 6. They cleared his 4 pot Brembos just fine. I haven't used them yet but probably will as soon as I get a set of 18x11s for the rear.
Buzzberd6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 01:20 PM   #48
Joker75

I was going to wait until I had a picture of my baby, to go along with this, but here is a picture of the vehicle that started my infatuation with Camaros. A 1973 Camaro RD. That split bumper is still one of my favorites.

Mine will just have to wait. Hopefully, not too long though.

Old 11-28-2017, 07:53 AM   #49
Joker75

Well, I figured that I should probably throw an update in here, just in case anyone is still checking in.

I went in and finalized the purchase of my Camaro last Tuesday. The down side is that I am now the proud owner of a vehicle that I still haven't even seen.

Luckily, I now have the Onstar activated, and have been able to trace my car to the local rail yard. I also set an alert, on Onstar, so I should receive a text as soon as my car arrives at the dealership. Isn't technology fun.

I'll be surprised if my wife doesn't have me committed to a mental health facility, after putting up with my obsessive behavior, for wanting to know exactly where me car has been, since I originally placed the order. Either that, or she'll just do it so she can get some more seat time, once we actually take possession of our car. Maybe I should start preparing for straight jackets and padded rooms, so it's not such a shock when it happens.

I'll just have to make sure I get in the driver's seat first, so I can outrun my wife, if she does try to have me committed.

Thank you everyone, for the support and for being so willing to share the wealth of knowledge here on the forum. I look forward to a long journey, as I spend the next decade researching all of the possible upgrades that I could, but likely won't ever do.

Old 11-28-2017, 09:20 AM   #50
Texan4iu
BLEW BIU

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE Hyper Blue
Quote:
Well, I figured that I should probably throw an update in here, just in case anyone is still checking in.

I went in and finalized the purchase of my Camaro last Tuesday. The down side is that I am now the proud owner of a vehicle that I still haven't even seen.

Luckily, I now have the Onstar activated, and have been able to trace my car to the local rail yard. I also set an alert, on Onstar, so I should receive a text as soon as my car arrives at the dealership. Isn't technology fun.

I'll be surprised if my wife doesn't have me committed to a mental health facility, after putting up with my obsessive behavior, for wanting to know exactly where me car has been, since I originally placed the order. Either that, or she'll just do it so she can get some more seat time, once we actually take possession of our car. Maybe I should start preparing for straight jackets and padded rooms, so it's not such a shock when it happens.

I'll just have to make sure I get in the driver's seat first, so I can outrun my wife, if she does try to have me committed.

Thank you everyone, for the support and for being so willing to share the wealth of knowledge here on the forum. I look forward to a long journey, as I spend the next decade researching all of the possible upgrades that I could, but likely won't ever do.

Lol. Love it! Best of luck running from the Mrs. Hopefully she drives something not as fast as your new Camaro.
Texan4iu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 09:34 AM   #51
Joker75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4iu View Post
Lol. Love it! Best of luck running from the Mrs. Hopefully she drives something not as fast as your new Camaro.
I'd lose my current Impreza, before it got out of the driveway. She could probably stay close in a straight line, accelerating in the 2500HD, but I'm positive that I'd disappear as soon as I found some turns.

Old 11-28-2017, 11:20 AM   #52
Texan4iu
BLEW BIU

Quote:
I'd lose my current Impreza, before it got out of the driveway. She could probably stay close in a straight line, accelerating in the 2500HD, but I'm positive that I'd disappear as soon as I found some turns.

Lol. Awesome!! No doubt, brother!
Old 11-28-2017, 04:48 PM   #53
Joker75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4iu View Post
Lol. Awesome!! No doubt, brother!
And, she made it to the dealership, this morning. I'll be doing a drive-by, on my way home, so I'll see if I can snap a couple of pics. It shouldn't be much longer, now. I'm not holding my breath, but I'd be happy to drive her home as soon as they'll hand her over.

Old 11-28-2017, 04:51 PM   #54
Texan4iu
BLEW BIU

Quote:
And, she made it to the dealership, this morning. I'll be doing a drive-by, on my way home, so I'll see if I can snap a couple of pics. It shouldn't be much longer, now. I'm not holding my breath, but I'd be happy to drive her home as soon as they'll hand her over.

YES!!!
Old 11-30-2017, 06:49 AM   #55
Joker75

She's finally home. I took delivery last night, and it was definitely worth every minute of the tortuous wait. Luckily, I took some pictures Tuesday night, because I was in too much of a hurry to get her out driving, last night, and only got one picture. It was definitely worth postponing my first drive, just long enough to snap this one picture of the first person in the driver's seat, after I took delivery.

I don't have any hesitation, believing that I'll be even happier for making the decision to make this my next vehicle, as soon as I get through this break in period, so I can really open her up.

Thank you, again, to everyone, for all of the great information and moral support, during the wait for my baby to make it here.

Old 11-30-2017, 07:18 AM   #56
Texan4iu
BLEW BIU

Quote:
She's finally home. I took delivery last night, and it was definitely worth every minute of the tortuous wait. Luckily, I took some pictures Tuesday night, because I was in too much of a hurry to get her out driving, last night, and only got one picture. It was definitely worth postponing my first drive, just long enough to snap this one picture of the first person in the driver's seat, after I took delivery.

I don't have any hesitation, believing that I'll be even happier for making the decision to make this my next vehicle, as soon as I get through this break in period, so I can really open her up.

Thank you, again, to everyone, for all of the great information and moral support, during the wait for my baby to make it here.

Greatness! What s cutie!!