Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-17-2016, 01:16 AM   #1
TrevorxTravesty

Drives: No Camaro at the moment but soon!
2013 Camaro 2SS or 2015 Camaro 2SS?

Hey everyone! I'm Trevor, or Trev if you prefer. So I am finally doing it and saving up for my dream car, an all black Camaro 2SS. I'm going to buy a used one outright for the out-the-door price instead of financing one because for starters it'll be cheaper to buy it instead of financing it, and I am done with car payments altogether. This way I'll own the car entirely and not have to worry about late payments or repossession or stuff like that.

My credit is all but shot to hell so financing isn't even an option at this point. By buying it outright I can avoid the required credit check and trying to find a bank that will finance me because I'll have the money to pay for it entirely as opposed to gathering interest on the vehicle and making payments on it for 6 years. I'd only be paying insurance for it every month and gas and whatnot.

Now my question is, between the 2013 and 2015 models, which one is better? Which one is bigger? Which one sounds better? Which one looks better? I know it's all a matter of personal choice and opinions may be biased, but I just want to get a general consensus. I personally love the tail lights of the Camaro's from 2010-2013 as opposed to the 2014-2015 ones. If I could take those tail lights and put them on the 2015 I think I'd be sold right away.
TrevorxTravesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 02:08 AM   #2
jsc52ss

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Well...it's not unheard of where people bought a 10-13 and did a front end conversion to the 5th gen refresh. They look completely as badass as you think they would. Dimension wise they are about the same and as long as you have the parts I don't think any fabrication is needed.
jsc52ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 03:04 AM   #3
PostNup
CAR-DASHIAN

Drives: 2015 Ashen Gray Metallic 2SS/RS L99
Up to you, as said.. cars are about the same except the suspension.

Since this is your dream, what is your final plan for the car? Stock, street monster, drag, auto-x, roado course? Any plans for an extended warranty?

Stock and or warranty... depending on the price and milage, get the 13 and upgrade the suspension.

If you are going to mod it, and if you are hanging out here you will, get the 15 unless there is very little difference in the milage.

My plan was to stay stock, but 4K miles into it and everything I read here... well, it's in my sig

Either way, what ever makes more sense to you and your financial situation. 13, 15, you will be beyond happy either way which is all that counts.

Congrats, welcome and enjoy!!!
PERFORMANCE: ColdAirInductions CAI, ADM Race Scoop, Cordes Performance Racing Ported TB/IM/Custom VVT Cam, WFO Milled Heads, Stainless Power 1 7/8" LT/3" HFCs, JBA 3" Comp. Cat-Back, Taylor 10.4mm Plug Wires, Tim King Performance Stage 3 6L80, Circle D Billet 3600 Stall, Nic D ECM/TCM Tune, - 458rwhp/413rwtq (prior to PIM), Forgestar F14 (F)18" / (R)17" Rims.

SUSPENSION: Z/28 Rear UCA Bushings, Carlyle Racing LCA/TA, BMR Adj. Toe Rods/Xtreme Anti-Roll Bar, Justice Pete Castor Locks/Radius Rod Inserts, Pegasus Billet Rear Cradle Bushings, Mickey Thompson Street SS II 305/45/17 tires.
PostNup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 03:52 AM   #4
benji276289

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS1LE, 6 spd.man., Ora
Send a message via Skype™ to benji276289
I've had both and looks wise, I probably preferred the 2013. Performance wise, there is not much that seperates them except for the Mylink and HUD. Both are much improved in the 2015 model. And the 2015 gives you the color DIC and HUD.
benji276289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 06:53 AM   #5
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
In regards to which is 'better' is, as you've already stated, a matter of opinion. I bought my 2013 2SS/RS new at end of the year, after the 2014s had come out. I looked at them side by side and test drove both. IMO, there is little difference in performance, so it really came down to overall looks. I personally like and think the 2010-2013s have a more aggressive, 'muscle' car look then the 2014-2015's.

Go out test drive and compare both, then select the one you best, you can't go wrong either way ... good luck in your search
Old 07-17-2016, 10:06 AM   #6
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Get the one that you like with the options you want. You can't go wrong with either one.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 07:52 PM   #7
TrevorxTravesty

Thank you guys so much! You've all been very helpful. I have a question. Is it possible to take the front fascia of the 2015 and put it on the 2013? Do they have the same dimensions? And can you take the MyLink system from a 2015 and put it in the 2013? Also, how does the Boston Acoustics sound system sound? I love my music loud and blasting And which 2SS has the better exhaust note? The 2013 or 2015? I was gonna get a Borla exhaust anyway on my Camaro.
Old 07-17-2016, 07:57 PM   #8
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Which tail lights do you prefer?
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 07:58 PM   #9
HogsFan75

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS/1LE

Rear end and front end both look better IMO. Get the NPP exhaust if you can. It's as good or better than aftermarket IMO
HogsFan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 08:15 PM   #10
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Both exhausts sound the same. It's the exact same motor/exhaust. I think you should get a 2016 Camaro anyways
Old 07-17-2016, 08:56 PM   #11
chuckie669

Drives: 2011 ss
Get whatever you prefer. I personally think the 15 front end looks better but dislike the rear.

If your credit is all jacked up i would go 13 and finance it. Take a little interest charged to you and just pay it off. Will save some money for your savings accounts vs a 15 and improve your credit
chuckie669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 10:57 PM   #12
TrevorxTravesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
Get whatever you prefer. I personally think the 15 front end looks better but dislike the rear.

If your credit is all jacked up i would go 13 and finance it. Take a little interest charged to you and just pay it off. Will save some money for your savings accounts vs a 15 and improve your credit
I'm not financing anything ever again. I'm buying my Camaro outright so I don't have to worry about car payments ever again. I also currently live with my grandparents and I have two jobs that pay very well so all of my money is going right into my bank account and being saved up until I have enough to buy my car outright I live in Utah also so the taxes on cars here is way cheaper than California where I'm originally from. But after I get my Camaro I'm going to move back to California because this isn't the place for me and I miss it. I only came here in order to save up for my car lol
Old 07-18-2016, 05:38 AM   #13
Fred 6528

Drives: 2011 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorxTravesty View Post
I'm not financing anything ever again. I'm buying my Camaro outright so I don't have to worry about car payments ever again. I also currently live with my grandparents and I have two jobs that pay very well so all of my money is going right into my bank account and being saved up until I have enough to buy my car outright I live in Utah also so the taxes on cars here is way cheaper than California where I'm originally from. But after I get my Camaro I'm going to move back to California because this isn't the place for me and I miss it. I only came here in order to save up for my car lol
Take the advice from Chuckie, he is trying to help you for down the road later in life. If you finance it and pay on it you are using someone else money plus improving your credit rating, yes the interest rates will be higher but you need to think about the big picture. There might come a time that you want to buy a home , property or start your own business and your credit rating will be the deciding factor. I remember when I was 18 that I found a 75 Camaro that was for sale and I had cash to buy it, but my father made me go with him to the bank and apply for a loan with him co signing to get the car. Man I argued with him the whole way to the bank not wanting to go that route, but the next time I wanted another car I was able to get credit on my own.
Fred 6528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 06:03 AM   #14
TrevorxTravesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred 6528 View Post
Take the advice from Chuckie, he is trying to help you for down the road later in life. If you finance it and pay on it you are using someone else money plus improving your credit rating, yes the interest rates will be higher but you need to think about the big picture. There might come a time that you want to buy a home , property or start your own business and your credit rating will be the deciding factor. I remember when I was 18 that I found a 75 Camaro that was for sale and I had cash to buy it, but my father made me go with him to the bank and apply for a loan with him co signing to get the car. Man I argued with him the whole way to the bank not wanting to go that route, but the next time I wanted another car I was able to get credit on my own.
I understand that, however, I have a repossession on my credit and also I don't have any family member whatsoever that can or will cosign with me because their credit is just as bad. So financing seems like it would be completely out of the question. Buying it outright seems like the better choice for me because I don't have to do a credit check or wait from approval from a bank or have to have a cosigner.

Tags
2013, 2015, 2ss, black, camaro