Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-28-2015, 03:44 PM   #1
djcfuzz
Do somethin fun every day

Drives: 2012 45th V6 RS M6
BA w/ Polk Sub & Alpine Amp

I wanted a trunk corner (stealth) enclosure sub box, as I occasionally use my trunk pass-through and wanted to keep that functionality without moving anything significant when I needed it. I found a nicely priced driver side enclosure on Amazon.

I tried my 10" Polk sub and Alpine amp (Crutchfield) together on the driver's side mounted to one corner box and didn't like it.

After some thought, I decided I wanted the sub on the passenger side. So, I bought a bare bones passenger side enclosure of the same type on Amazon, wrapped it in black and placed the sub on the passenger side. At this time, I also tried to hide and stack the Alpine amp on top of the BA amp, that didn't work real well as it made an unattractive bump inside the trunk behind the driver side tail lights.

I then re-purposed my driver side enclosure, cut it up, wrapped it to match the passenger side sub enclosure and mounted the Alpine amp inside. I think it looks cleanest this way.

Sounds pretty good so far.
djcfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 12:37 PM   #2
djcfuzz
Do somethin fun every day

Drives: 2012 45th V6 RS M6
Installed this almost 2 years ago and based on some research I felt the need to make the inside of the box a little more acoustically friendly for the subwoofer. Put in some fatmat and then some polyfil stuffing.
djcfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote