Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-19-2015, 03:13 PM   #1
dfirehawkc

Drives: n/a
Gen 6 and Tall People

Just curious as to what you guys think/guess as to what the interior size might be and whether it will fit the taller folk. I know a smaller exterior doesn't always equate to smaller interior. I'm 6'7" and am saving for the Camaro but the interior size will determine whether I go with a gen 6 or gen 5 and/or keep my legs.
dfirehawkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 03:21 PM   #2
benplace

Drives: 2012 Cadillac CTS-V
benplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 03:23 PM   #3
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
I am 6'6" I have a 2013 ZL1 with a sun roof. I just fit, and I mean just. seat all the way back and the adjustable steering wheel all the way back. So I am curious too about the 2016. If I did not get the roof I would have more room.
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 03:32 PM   #4
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Go sit in an ATS and see how it fits. Interior space will be very comparable in the front seat. Headroom may be a little tighter but that should give you a pretty good ballpark
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 03:37 PM   #5
mako22

Drives: 2017 HB 2SS
I'm 6'5 and fit just fine in my 5th Gen (w/sunroof). If the 6th is that much smaller I would have my mechanic fabricate a bracket to relocate the seat about 6" back. Did that with my 4th Gen for like $100.
Old 02-19-2015, 04:35 PM   #6
mpate16

Drives: 2012 Camaro LSX 2LT RS
I'm 6'6 and barely fit with no sunroof and seat all the way back and down... So who knows..
mpate16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 04:39 PM   #7
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
I would imagine that the front seats of the Camaro will have more room than that of the ATS. In many coupes, the front seats go almost all the way to the back seats, while they typically stop with much more room to spare on sedans.

As was mentioned above, skip the sunroof, and move the track back if necessary, although it probably won't be.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 12:38 PM   #8
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Size has always been my main concern with the 6th gen. I saw an ATS coupe at the dealership and boy did it seem small. I'm 6'2" / 290 and I felt like I towered over it just standing next to do. I did not ask to sit in it. I did set in a new Mustang, the seats were comfy, lots of leg room in the drivers seat, but I didn't have much headroom, and it felt kind of small side to side.

In my 2010 SS w/ the sunroof, I would have to sit in it with my head tilted to the side with my helmet on. It kinda sucked... a lot. I think I'd have the same problem with the new Mustang. New Camaro?
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 01:52 PM   #9
mako22

Drives: 2017 HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
Size has always been my main concern with the 6th gen. I saw an ATS coupe at the dealership and boy did it seem small. I'm 6'2" / 290

In my 2010 SS w/ the sunroof, I would have to sit in it with my head tilted to the side with my helmet on. It kinda sucked... a lot. I think I'd have the same problem with the new Mustang. New Camaro?

This sounds like more the product of the 290 than it does the 6'2....
Old 02-20-2015, 02:36 PM   #10
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by mako22 View Post
This sounds like more the product of the 290 than it does the 6'2....

Yeah yeah, I need to do some weight reduction mods...

I have a tall torso, so head room has always been a problem for me in most vehicles.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 09:12 AM   #11
chuckclanton

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Go sit in an ATS and see how it fits. Interior space will be very comparable in the front seat. Headroom may be a little tighter but that should give you a pretty good ballpark
I sat in a new ATS coupe at the dealer. Too small for me. This one had a sunroof and with the seat always down and back there was not enough head room fro my autocross helmet. Maybe with no sunroof(like the Gen5) there will be clearance.
chuckclanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 09:26 AM   #12
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post
I would imagine that the front seats of the Camaro will have more room than that of the ATS. In many coupes, the front seats go almost all the way to the back seats, while they typically stop with much more room to spare on sedans.

As was mentioned above, skip the sunroof, and move the track back if necessary, although it probably won't be.
You can make that comparison at the showroom now. ATS Coupe vs Sedan are available to compare.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:40 AM   #13
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
I have been comparing ATS dimensions to the 5th gen Camaro. Interior cockpit room is very similar. I would expect that interior fit will not be much different between 5th and 6th gen Camaro. Exterior dimensions are significantly different. Wheelbase and width differ by about 3 inches and overall length by 7 inches. This next car will be smaller on the outside but interior room should be similar.
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 10:14 AM   #14
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueclyde View Post
I have been comparing ATS dimensions to the 5th gen Camaro. Interior cockpit room is very similar. I would expect that interior fit will not be much different between 5th and 6th gen Camaro. Exterior dimensions are significantly different. Wheelbase and width differ by about 3 inches and overall length by 7 inches. This next car will be smaller on the outside but interior room should be similar.
Exterior width is 4.5 inches different between a Camaro and an ATS according the to compare feature in Cadillac's website

3 inches in shoulder room is a gigantic difference is roominess. For example in the garage right now is Mrs. Number 3's ATS sedan and my SS sedan. One off Alpha the other off Zeta. The SS is HUGE compared to the ATS. They are not even close. Keep in mind the ATS is about the size of a Cruze.

I'm starting to get confused as to why everyone wants the ATS to be bigger than it is. It is a small car. The Gen5 Camaro is a BIG car.