Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 08-02-2013, 01:20 PM   #1
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
Crazy Old Guy (you will love this video)

Watch this guy drive. I would never ride with him but he embodies everything that has anything to do with musclecars.

2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:11 PM   #2
Urbs1391

Drives: 2012 45th SS
Watched it, not bad..
Urbs1391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:36 PM   #3
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
That Goat ain't stock.

I'd drive with the ol' coot any day and twice on Sunday. Just 'cause he leans and the car sways don't mean anything. That's how cars were back then. Body roll was how you knew you were turning, lol

Wish I lived near that road, too
Old 08-02-2013, 06:18 PM   #4
Bbrock25

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
That Goat ain't stock.

I'd drive with the ol' coot any day and twice on Sunday. Just 'cause he leans and the car sways don't mean anything. That's how cars were back then. Body roll was how you knew you were turning, lol

Wish I lived near that road, too
Lol why do you think its not stock? My dad has a 66 389 tri power, 2door coupe w/ a post. They're not as quick as our cars are, but they do alright. But the ole badger might be stretching those numbers a bit lol
Old 08-02-2013, 06:23 PM   #5
DwRed1LTV6

Drives: '11 VR 2LT HHr
Cool video and nice GOaT !

Takes at least three turns of the wheel to make a turn.
thats ole' school

DwRed1LTV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:03 PM   #6
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbrock25 View Post
Lol why do you think its not stock? My dad has a 66 389 tri power, 2door coupe w/ a post. They're not as quick as our cars are, but they do alright. But the ole badger might be stretching those numbers a bit lol
I know that on a website like this, we get a lot of kids that just say anything

My 20 years of experience with old muscle cars is what makes me think that. Doesn't sound stock at all to my ears. It has more bark than my 462 with 7/8" primary, long tube headers.

The Goat that had the really impressive numbers that are sometimes cited for a "production" '64 GTO was specially prepped and modified by Royal Pontiac in Royal Oak Michigan.

This is exactly the GTO that Car and Driver tested in which they have the car doing 60 in well under 5 seconds and doing a practically unholy-for-the-time 13.1 second quarter mile with the tripower. Some of the more skeptical folks feel that a Poncho 421 was under the hood of that car, not a 389.

Road and track tested an actual production tripower 389 '64 GTO in March '64 and had a 14.1 second 1/4 mile at 104 mph. Not too shabby. Hardly great even for '64. It was beat handily by '63 Ramchargers

I prefer old muscle cars. I used to eat sleep and breathe them, and work on them every chance I had. I'd rather have your Pop's '64 than my Camaro. But I know they weren't as fast as nostalgia makes them
Old 08-02-2013, 08:45 PM   #7
Rick3452

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Orange, 6 speed leather
I can relate to this guy! I'm 62 and bought my 66 GTO in 1969 ( picture is from last week). His is stock and mine will do same.

Note three car seats in rear for my grandchildren, they love to go to car shows in "Papa's Car"
Attached Images

Old 08-02-2013, 09:38 PM   #8
Bbrock25

I respect your opinion, and im not a child im 24, and been around muscle cars my whole life, and what I continue to do for a living. But that hardly makes me an old hardass that thinks their opinions are fact. And if you doubt that my father doesn't have the car I just said he did I'd be more then happy to go take a few pics to prove otherwise.

Pretty sure he never said it was factory stock just how it came. Of course it has a full exhaust/headers under it, doesn't sound stock at all. (As I give my dad hell all the time as his is, they're pretty quite)

And we all know the marketing scheme back in the 60s They WAYYYY over advertised as far as track numbers go, yet claimed to underrate the HP for insurance purposes.

I know on sites like these some guys who've turned a wrench think they know everything. But still the only thing I asked was why do you think its NOT stock. Not sure why you feel the need to throw the claimed numbers of what these cars ran back in the day, or why that matters if this car is stock? Don't recall the old man saying what he ran in his, or how any of that was relevant to this car being stock.

Quote:
I know that on a website like this, we get a lot of kids that just say anything

My 20 years of experience with old muscle cars is what makes me think that. Doesn't sound stock at all to my ears. It has more bark than my 462 with 7/8" primary, long tube headers.

The Goat that had the really impressive numbers that are sometimes cited for a "production" '64 GTO was specially prepped and modified by Royal Pontiac in Royal Oak Michigan.

This is exactly the GTO that Car and Driver tested in which they have the car doing 60 in well under 5 seconds and doing a practically unholy-for-the-time 13.1 second quarter mile with the tripower. Some of the more skeptical folks feel that a Poncho 421 was under the hood of that car, not a 389.

Road and track tested an actual production tripower 389 '64 GTO in March '64 and had a 14.1 second 1/4 mile at 104 mph. Not too shabby. Hardly great even for '64. It was beat handily by '63 Ramchargers

I prefer old muscle cars. I used to eat sleep and breathe them, and work on them every chance I had. I'd rather have your Pop's '64 than my Camaro. But I know they weren't as fast as nostalgia makes them

Last edited by Bbrock25; 08-02-2013 at 09:50 PM.
Bbrock25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:41 PM   #9
Bbrock25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick3452 View Post
I can relate to this guy! I'm 62 and bought my 66 GTO in 1969 ( picture is from last week). His is stock and mine will do same.

Note three car seats in rear for my grandchildren, they love to go to car shows in "Papa's Car"
Good looking Goat!! My dad's trying to talk me into repainting his and throwing on a vinyl top, impossible to find a set of the driprail moldings tho.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:07 AM   #10
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Quote:
I respect your opinion, and im not a child im 24, and been around muscle cars my whole life, and what I continue to do for a living. But that hardly makes me an old hardass that thinks their opinions are fact. And if you doubt that my father doesn't have the car I just said he did I'd be more then happy to go take a few pics to prove otherwise.

Pretty sure he never said it was factory stock just how it came. Of course it has a full exhaust/headers under it, doesn't sound stock at all. (As I give my dad hell all the time as his is, they're pretty quite)

And we all know the marketing scheme back in the 60s They WAYYYY over advertised as far as track numbers go, yet claimed to underrate the HP for insurance purposes.

I know on sites like these some guys who've turned a wrench think they know everything. But still the only thing I asked was why do you think its NOT stock. Not sure why you feel the need to throw the claimed numbers of what these cars ran back in the day, or why that matters if this car is stock? Don't recall the old man saying what he ran in his, or how any of that was relevant to this car being stock.
lol, I didn't mean you were a Kid that would just post anything. That's a preface to what I posted next. It was me telling you that I know you can't know my experiences, so I acknowledge that up front. I'm telling you I'm not a kid that just posts anything. And it's baloney that you respect my opinion by the way. That's just some words.

I said I'd rather have your Dad's GTO over my Camaro. If you need to prove something, by all means post some photos to defend your family's honor. But bear in mind that nobody said that the GTO wasn't your Dad's.

So you want to know why I think that GTO is not stock? I answered that already. I thought you "respected my opinion". I posted, yesterday at 8:03 pm, quote:

Quote:
My 20 years of experience with old muscle cars is what makes me think that. Doesn't sound stock at all to my ears. It has more bark than my 462 with 7/8" primary, long tube headers
Those 20 years makes me feel that I can advance an opinion now and again on the subject, without needing to ask permission first.

Just two and a half hours later, you post, quote:

Quote:
Pretty sure he never said it was factory stock just how it came. Of course it has a full exhaust/headers under it, doesn't sound stock at all
You actually agree with me about it not being stock, but you still challenge me to answer a question that I already answered! This means you didn't bother to read what I posted. So drop the phony "respect" that you think I'm falling for. That's horseshit.

I'm going to assume you were drunk or tired from work or having a bad day or whatever but I want you to know that challenging people for things that didn't happen and for the answers to questions they already gave you is not the way to look reasonable or to have a discussion. I hope you have a better day today but please don't try to fool me again with your so-called 'respect', I've been around the block as many times as a 24 year old but I did that eighteen years ago, ok?

Last edited by ChrisBlair; 08-03-2013 at 06:17 AM.
ChrisBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 06:13 AM   #11
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick3452 View Post

Your GTO would eat the '64 for lunch and ask for seconds. Nice car, but what I really want is your garage. Nice and clean and neat
Old 08-03-2013, 07:12 AM   #12
Rick3452

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Orange, 6 speed leather
Thanks my favorite room
Attached Images

Old 08-03-2013, 09:17 AM   #13
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
I'll let these other guys argue about nothing, but just wanted to say that was an awesome video! I laughed out loud as I watched it and truly enjoyed every second! Thanks for posting!!
Old 08-03-2013, 09:52 AM   #14
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
The ol Fella and his GOAT gave me a Speed Woody!!!