Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

Old 08-10-2015, 11:02 AM   #15
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Two Fests in the same year is not going to happen. There is a ton of "behind the scenes" work that is not seen. Remember, we don't get paid to do this and in the end we barely brake even once everything is paid for.

We had a great turnout this year and will release the numbers shortly.

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 11:13 AM   #16
nrr8865

Drives: '10 RJT-2LT/RS & '10 Buick LaCrosse
You have to remember that the fest events are run by volunteers. They give up 4 days on working to make this the best CFest ever. They don't see much of anything except the event their working or the restroom. They stand in the rain or the heat all day. For me, I work with a great group of people on the Camaro Cross team. Giving up 2 weeks to help run a Fest is not possible for me.
nrr8865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 11:47 AM   #17
Rdunn
Really, Really Fast

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Yum down for a Vegas fest
Old 08-10-2015, 12:12 PM   #18
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Do I need to break out the Fest In The West sig again?
Old 08-10-2015, 12:13 PM   #19
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrr8865 View Post
You have to remember that the fest events are run by volunteers. They give up 4 days on working to make this the best CFest ever. They don't see much of anything except the event their working or the restroom. They stand in the rain or the heat all day. For me, I work with a great group of people on the Camaro Cross team. Giving up 2 weeks to help run a Fest is not possible for me.
This.

I left the store tent ONCE on Friday to go to the restroom. Allan (Milk) was awesome and ran to get us all food. We were just too busy. I got to get away for like 30 minutes on Saturday but dang, man....I want to see the vendors, check out the car show, and hell...even run the autocross but can't. Robert and Merc were stuck up in the drag booth and running up and down the track hunting down drivers trying to make that run smoothly. Autocross volunteers worked their @SSES off

This is a huge undertaking and most don't know just how much time is given up by those who actually bust their butts working behind the scenes so others can have a good time. And NO ONE...I do mean NO ONE got paid anything to do this. This was complete volunteer work so "you" could have a good time. That's the caliber of people we have here...just overwhelming to know how wonderful and kind these folks are.

Thank you to all the others I didn't get the chance to meet who helped put this together. You all ROCK!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 12:30 PM   #20
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
This.

I left the store tent ONCE on Friday to go to the restroom. Allan (Milk) was awesome and ran to get us all food. We were just too busy. I got to get away for like 30 minutes on Saturday but dang, man....I want to see the vendors, check out the car show, and hell...even run the autocross but can't. Robert and Merc were stuck up in the drag booth and running up and down the track hunting down drivers trying to make that run smoothly. Autocross volunteers worked their @SSES off

This is a huge undertaking and most don't know just how much time is given up by those who actually bust their butts working behind the scenes so others can have a good time. And NO ONE...I do mean NO ONE got paid anything to do this. This was complete volunteer work so "you" could have a good time. That's the caliber of people we have here...just overwhelming to know how wonderful and kind these folks are.

Thank you to all the others I didn't get the chance to meet who helped put this together. You all ROCK!!!
Thank you
Former '68 and '69 Z/28 Owner...........Now sporting around in a 2011 RS/SS with........Kooks LT's and cats, JRE tune, CAI, scoop, ZL1 Bumper conversion, custom ZL-1 grille, halo harness, Painted silver stripes, GM GFX, black painted lower edge of skirts and rear bumper. MGW shifter.....and now a 3.91 1LE diff
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 01:24 PM   #21
CamaroChelline

Drives: Like a bat outta hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post
Dual fests sounds nice in theory, but I really do think that would put too much of a strain on the moderators to plan and organize. Not to mention, what I have been hearing is that the organization for the C5Fests is starting to dwindle year after year, as well as the turnout. I was looking at the pics people posted so far of C5Fest VI and while it looked fun, it didn't look like there were a lot of cars, and especially a lack of vendors. It kind of just looked like a large club meet or something.

I want one in the Southeast again so I can finally go, rofl. There hasn't been a Southeast C5 fest since the first one in Valdosta and the market is a pretty big niche. Florida alone is a huge audience; we hosted our own sort-of-C5Fest once called the Sunshine State Camaro Rally and nearly 200 cars alone showed up for that.

Another thing is to not schedule them in a polarized season anymore (Winter/Summer). Summers involve too much rain and the heat is often unbearable, and winters... well, depending on where you at, could be wonderful (southeast or far out west) or downright dreadful. Spring and Fall are the best times to do these things.

The pictures don't do the numbers justice!! There was a LOT of Camaros in Bowling Green!! Lol Of the 3 Fests I've been to this one felt like the biggest (attendance wise) so far! You have to also remember that the fest was held at 2 locations this year. We went back and forth on Friday between the 2 tracks when one of our friends was racing.. The unofficial number I heard from a prominent GM person was about 1000 Camaros..Im not sure how correct the unofficial number is but I bet it's pretty close!
TOTALED by drunk driver on 10/4/14--Limited Edition R6P ABM #127/ 2SS/RS/ Black Interior/ Black Rally Stripes/ Sunroof/ Borla S-Type Cat-Back Exhaust/ AEM CAI/ LED Fog Lights/ Aqua Blue Footwell, Dome and Trunk lights
*NEW* Limited Edition Aqua Blue Metallic #417/ 2SS/RS/ Manual/ Ground Effects/ Black Interior/ Gray Vintage Stripe/ Sunroof/ Kooks Headers/ Borla Atak Cat-back Exhaust/ CAI/ LED Fog Lights/ Aqua Blue Footwell, Dome and Trunk lights
CamaroChelline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 01:36 PM   #22
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post
Dual fests sounds nice in theory, but I really do think that would put too much of a strain on the moderators to plan and organize. Not to mention, what I have been hearing is that the organization for the C5Fests is starting to dwindle year after year, as well as the turnout. I was looking at the pics people posted so far of C5Fest VI and while it looked fun, it didn't look like there were a lot of cars, and especially a lack of vendors. It kind of just looked like a large club meet or something.

I want one in the Southeast again so I can finally go, rofl. There hasn't been a Southeast C5 fest since the first one in Valdosta and the market is a pretty big niche. Florida alone is a huge audience; we hosted our own sort-of-C5Fest once called the Sunshine State Camaro Rally and nearly 200 cars alone showed up for that.

Another thing is to not schedule them in a polarized season anymore (Winter/Summer). Summers involve too much rain and the heat is often unbearable, and winters... well, depending on where you at, could be wonderful (southeast or far out west) or downright dreadful. Spring and Fall are the best times to do these things.
We ran out of asphalt to put cars at 10am Saturday. There was plenty of cars. We just couldn't get high enough to get pictures that could show this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
Two Fests in the same year is not going to happen. There is a ton of "behind the scenes" work that is not seen. Remember, we don't get paid to do this and in the end we barely brake even once everything is paid for.

We had a great turnout this year and will release the numbers shortly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
This.

Old 08-10-2015, 01:44 PM   #23
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
The HondaElementsOwnerClub.com had the same issues as this club. People on the west coast wanted a fest, people on the east coast didn't want to drive that far. It made it as far west as Vegas and it was hot as hell! Because the demand was so great, the forum or club decided to have the event in multiple places at the same time. With a online forum having every state represented and having regions, and having moderators in every region, they decided to allow the moderators put together a fest for each region. Working in conjunction with the forum father, they were able to coordinate it and it was a blast! The sponsors that were closest to that particular region participated in what would work for them. Some even sent reps to other locations just because their influx of business was so great and they wanted to have that connection. Only issue with this is, is giving the reigns over to someone else. It's a big responsibility and commitment. Personally having one main event is the best but it's not all inclusive with a nation that's so wide and members so spread out and diverse. I'm sure something will make it's way that will benefit the masses.
Old 08-10-2015, 01:49 PM   #24
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
The HondaElementsOwnerClub.com
There's a club for that?
Old 08-10-2015, 01:58 PM   #25
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
There's a club for that?
Toasters...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 01:59 PM   #26
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
CamaroFEST is a SOCIAL event with car activities. The big draw to CamaroFEST is getting to spend time with our online friends from the USA and Canada. Splitting the FEST into regional activities would be the end of the FEST as we know it. It would become another CAR event with some social activities, cool, but not the FEST! There is nothing preventing regional clubs from holding regional events. I think some already do.

There should be one and only one CamaroFEST, the annual destination event for all Camaro5 members to spend time with each other.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 02:11 PM   #27
HaulnSS
2013 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6 Dual Mode
How can Vendors get an idea of attendance without pre-registration? I know a lot of people say, I will be there! Wouldn't a pre-paid registration give vendors solid numbers, to quantify their attendance?

Hurst, Mojave Interior, 20% tint, Dual Mode Exhaust, ZL1 Splitter, ZL1 rockers, Blade spoiler, 3D Carbon rear quarter spats, CAI, Headers, M2W, catch can, apex scoop, LED DRL's, smoke side markers, billet aluminum SS emblems, Street Scene lower grill with scoops, BMR subframe connectors, lowering springs, bushings. Forgeline 20" w Nitto 315/275
HaulnSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 02:17 PM   #28
HaulnSS
2013 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6 Dual Mode
Geographically, I would vote somewhere in Kansas. More centrally located for everyone!

Hurst, Mojave Interior, 20% tint, Dual Mode Exhaust, ZL1 Splitter, ZL1 rockers, Blade spoiler, 3D Carbon rear quarter spats, CAI, Headers, M2W, catch can, apex scoop, LED DRL's, smoke side markers, billet aluminum SS emblems, Street Scene lower grill with scoops, BMR subframe connectors, lowering springs, bushings. Forgeline 20" w Nitto 315/275
HaulnSS is offline   Reply With Quote